• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am not sure if Croats had any appetite for Kakanj. I can't possibly see how Vares can be connected with central Bosnia.
I would also take away Lasva province.

Vares and Lipnica OK. Anything else seems an overkill...

Herzegovina:
I am really not an expert on maps... Looking at the ethnic map there are only 4 tiny croat villages on the left bank of Neretva close to Konjic. I would think apart from Potoci, going north, Croats would care for anything. To make map 'nice' include Jablanica and exclude Konjic.
Potoci and vrapcici, podvelez, hutovo, blagaj, mostar (all of it) all included as indicated on your map.

Last edited:
There is a large cluster of crotian villages going south-east from Derventa ending in around Kotorsko.
Maoca and Brka are two Bosniak villages surrounded by croat villages but on another inspection map is skewed there so province coming from west to Brcko covers most Croat villages.
Ok for Jelah and Komusina.

Alright for Brcko but I still would like that Kotorsko remains a non-core. Could we maybe compensate this with giving Konjic, Bradina(Serb village but Ante Pavelic was born here) and/or Vinac(south of Jajce) as cores?

I am not sure if Croats had any appetite for Kakanj. I can't possibly see how Vares can be connected with central Bosnia.
I would also take away Lasva province.

Vares and Lipnica OK. Anything else seems an overkill...

Herzegovina:
I am really not an expert on maps... Looking at the ethnic map there are only 4 tiny croat villages on the left bank of Neretva close to Konjic. I would think apart from Potoci, going north, Croats would care for anything. To make map 'nice' include Jablanica and exclude Konjic.
Potoci and vrapcici, podvelez, hutovo, blagaj, mostar (all of it) all included as indicated on your map.

Vares and Herzegovina accepted and done.

Here are just some minor "flavour" events only for Bosnia:Flavour_Events_BOS

Cheers.

Thanks mate! Do you maybe have something you personally would like to continue working on for the mod?

Edit: This is how Herzeg Bosnas cores look like:
hercegbosna.png

Do you think that something is missing or is wrong?

Shall we skip the Croat villages in Krajina?

Last edited:
Thanks mate! Do you maybe have something you personally would like to continue working on for the mod?

Edit: This is how Herzeg Bosnas cores look like:
hercegbosna.png

Do you think that something is missing or is wrong?

Shall we skip the Croat villages in Krajina?
The cores look really good and shouldn't be more modified as (with our map) it can't get better.

Also, What should I do, well, there isn't much, but for e.g. I can make some events for Western Bosnia and I'll see if there is something more. Maybe something will come into my mind. :)

The cores look really good and shouldn't be more modified as (with our map) it can't get better.

Also, What should I do, well, there isn't much, but for e.g. I can make some events for Western Bosnia and I'll see if there is something more. Maybe something will come into my mind. :)

Alright, does Hogar agree with Freak regarding the cores?

Freak I would like that you start trying writing the Bosnian army units that Hogar has asked us to do. Would you like to try start with that?

I checked the inc file Freak made for Western Bosnia and its national provinces.

westernbosnia.png

You forgot to add Mala Kladusa and Vrnograc as cores.

I removed Grabez, Golubic and Grmusa as these provinces had Serb majority in the 90's. I doubt that the Serb leaders would allow WB to expand south of the Una river. The yellow border is quite realistic, you agree with me?

This should be good: nationalprovinces = { 339 340 341 342 343 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 }

Almost all countries and regions now have correct national provinces. Will check the cores of Krajina, West Slavonia and East Slavonia.

Thanks for this effort guys!
Cores: Vinac... Not a single Croat village is in that province. I still think no.
Kotorsko: I've attached the map of Kotorsko region. Kotorsko.jpg
I would like to see the border going south as indicated on the picture. Only province going south in this way from Derventa and Modrica is Kotorsko.
Konjic and Bradina... I am indifferent towards inclusion. If you think this adds value to the game...

EDIT: Croat LKrajina villages. You mean clusters between Banja Luka and Priedor? Agree.. leave them out.

Thanks for this effort guys!
Cores: Vinac... Not a single Croat village is in that province. I still think no.
Kotorsko: I've attached the map of Kotorsko region. View attachment 103239
I would like to see the border going south as indicated on the picture. Only province going south in this way from Derventa and Modrica is Kotorsko.
Konjic and Bradina... I am indifferent towards inclusion. If you think this adds value to the game...

EDIT: Croat LKrajina villages. You mean clusters between Banja Luka and Priedor? Agree.. leave them out.

Alright I will add Kotorsko as a national province but the border will look awful. Best would be if Gukan could split that province into a northern and southern part. I shall see what we can do.

Btw I found this demographical map of Posavina. Bosanska Posavina.png

Last edited:
I checked the inc file Freak made for Western Bosnia and its national provinces.

westernbosnia.png

You forgot to add Mala Kladusa and Vrnograc as cores.

I removed Grabez, Golubic and Grmusa as these provinces had Serb majority in the 90's. I doubt that the Serb leaders would allow WB to expand south of the Una river. The yellow border is quite realistic, you agree with me?

This should be good: nationalprovinces = { 339 340 341 342 343 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 }

Almost all countries and regions now have correct national provinces. Will check the cores of Krajina, West Slavonia and East Slavonia.
Hey guys, yea thanks for the fix, now it's good, also yea when I stop with a lot of tests in school (soon™) i'll eventually start with the names. I'm really getting my time sucked in by the "life machine".

Cheers.

Hey guys, yea thanks for the fix, now it's good, also yea when I stop with a lot of tests in school (soon™) i'll eventually start with the names. I'm really getting my time sucked in by the "life machine".

Cheers.

Alright take care and I hope you pass the tests with good grades. :)

What do you prefer, to fix the unit/army names or find tech teams for Bosnia?

Alright take care and I hope you pass the tests with good grades. :)

What do you prefer, to fix the unit/army names or find tech teams for Bosnia?

Army names are in a better "stage", so we could add some more tech-teams. Also I've got a (5) or A in English and Bosnian, yeaaa, thanks for asking.

For the tech teams keep in mind that we don't really have a use of the usual tech teams you are used to in other HoI games. Factories, institutes, etc are useless because we only have land/air doctrines. What is useful are generals and military schools. You may include some military institutes if you know of any that really worked during the period. I think we may have a need for the diplomats to help broker deals with oversees powers... Would that be Sacerbej?
Don't bother with TAS, Unis and other things... they did not contribute to military doctrines.

Army names are in a better "stage", so we could add some more tech-teams. Also I've got a (5) or A in English and Bosnian, yeaaa, thanks for asking.

Great! Remember studying is crucial if you want to become something in these dire times but modding for this mod is even more important. Just joking. :D

For the tech teams keep in mind that we don't really have a use of the usual tech teams you are used to in other HoI games. Factories, institutes, etc are useless because we only have land/air doctrines. What is useful are generals and military schools. You may include some military institutes if you know of any that really worked during the period. I think we may have a need for the diplomats to help broker deals with oversees powers... Would that be Sacerbej?
Don't bother with TAS, Unis and other things... they did not contribute to military doctrines.

You heard the man Freak, no factories or institutes. But maybe some crucial factories could be included, they at least had the engineers which some military schools lacked.

Looked though some of my files and found this:
Training and Instruction Centers
(all forces)

NOTE: In brackets: Numbers of cadre personnel and potential annual output of trainees. Totals:
11.000 / 76.000

Naval Education Center, Pula
Armored and Mechanized Troops Education Center, Banja Luka-Zaluzani
Warfare Education Center, Sombor
Education Center, Bihac
Education Center, Sarajevo
Education Center, Leskovac
Dog-handling Training Center, Nis
Technical Training Center, Senta
Technical Training Center, Ljubljana
Technical Training Center, Travnik
Technical Training Center, Nis
Training Center, Kicevo
Training Center, Bela Crkva (the one near Valjevo)
Training Center, Kovin
Training Center, Capljina
Training Center, Kraljevo
Training Center, Slavonska Pozega

(4.000 cadre personnel / 52.200 trainees per year, total for these conscripts training units)

Higher Military School Center „Marshal Tito“, Beograd - (605 / 576)
- Land Forces Military Academy
- Land Forces Command and Staff School
- Air Force Command and Staff School
- Higher Military-Political School of JNA
- School for National Defense – War School
- Center for Operative-Strategic Research and Studies

Military Technical School Center „Army-General Ivan Gosnjak“, Zagreb - (1.300 / 3.026)
- Land Forces Technical College
- Common Military College „Ivo Lola Ribar“
- Military-Technical College
- Land Forces Technical Academy
- Military-Technical Faculty
- Land Forces Reserve Officers School for Technicians

Land Forces School Center „Army-General Kosta Nadj“, Sarajevo - (1.075 / 3.300)
- Land Forces Military College (Infantry)
- Rear Services Military College
- Land Forces Military Academy (Infantry)
- Rear Services Military Academy
- Reserve Officers School for Rear Services
- Reserve Officers School for Veterinarians

School Center for Armored and Mechanized Troops „Petar Drapsin“, Banja Luka - (100 / 500)
- Military College for Armored and Mechanized Troops
- Military Academy for Armored and Mechanized Troops
- Reserve Officers School for Armored and Mechanized Troops

Air Force and Air Defense School Center, Sarajevo-Rajlovac - (675 / 1.500)
- Air Force and Air Defense College
- Air Force Technical College
- Air Force and Air Defense Military Academy
- Air Force Reserve Officers School for Technicians

Air Force Academy, Zadar-Zemunik (more on that in Part 2 of this OOB) – (128 / 310)
- Air Force Reserve Officers School

Air Force Technical Academy, Beograd-Zarkovo - (15 to 18 / 60)

Higher Naval School Center „Marshal Tito“, Split - (675 / 1.200)
- Naval Military College
- Naval Academy
- Naval Command and Staff School
- Naval Reserve Officers School

Artillery School Center, Zadar - (251 / 1.945)
- Military College for Artillery Troops
- Military Academy for Artillery Troops
- Reserve Officers School for Artillery Troops
- Reserve Officers School for Air Defense Artillery and Missile Troops

Air Defense School Center, Zadar - (340 / 800)
- Military College for Air Defense Troops
- Military Academy for Air Defense Troops
- Reserve Officers School for Air Defense Troops

Engineer School Center „National Heroe Bogdan Orescanin“, Karlovac - (260 / 1.730)
- Military College for Engineer Troops
- Military Academy for Engineer Troops
- Reserve Officers School for Engineer Troops

NBC-Defense School Center, Krusevac - (98 / 237)
- Land Forces Military College for NBC Defense Troops
- Land Forces Military Academy for NBC Defense Troops
- Reserve Officers School for NBC Defense Troops

School Center for Signal Troops, Beograd - (115 / 525)
- Military College for Signal Troops
- Military Academy for Signal Troops
- Reserve Officers School for Signal Troops

Medical School Center, Novi Sad - (125 / 350)
- Military Medical High School

Intelligence and Security Troops School Center, Pancevo - (200 / 120)

Military Driving School Center, Kraljevo - (270 / 4.750)
- Military College for Driving Duty
- Military Academy for Driving Duty
- Reserve Officers School for Driving Duty

Foreign Languages School, Beograd - (20 / 63)

(Separate) Reserve Infantry Officers School, Bileca - (460 / 750)
(Separate) Reserve Medical Officers School, Beograd - (25 / 335)
(Separate) Common Military College „Brotherhood and Unity“, Beograd - (163 / 1.000)
(Separate) Common Military College „Franc Rozman-Stane“, Ljubljana - (54 / 240)
(Separate) Air Force Common Military College „Marshal Tito“, Mostar - (105 / 400) (operated
UTVA-75 and some gliders)
Military Music College, Beograd - (18 / 30)

Test Centers and Military Institutes
(all forces)
Land Forces Technical Institute, Beograd-Zarkovo
Aviation Technical Institute, Beograd-Zarkovo
Land Forces Technical Test Center, Beograd-Kumodraz
- Nikinci Proving Ground
- Prevlaka Proving Ground
Air Force Test Center, Batajnica
Naval Test Center, Split-Lora
Shipbuilding Institute, Zagreb
Hydrographical Institute, Split
NBC Laboratory, Mostar
Military Medical Academy, Beograd
Aviation Medical Institute, Batajnica
Naval Medical Institute, Split
Institute of Mathematical and Electronical Applications, Beograd
Military Geographical Institute, Beograd
- Military Printing Office, Sarajevo
Military Historical Institute, Beograd

Maintenance Facilities
(all forces)
Aviation Establishment „Zmaj“, Velika Gorica (combat aircraft)
Aviation Establishment „Kosmos“, Banja Luka (radar and air defense missile equipment)
Aviation Establishment „Orao“, Sarajevo-Rajlovac (aircraft engines)
Aviation Establishment „Moma Stanojlovic“, Batajnica (helicopters and missiles)
Electrotechnical Establishment, Travnik (signals equipment)
Technical Maintenance Establishment, Sarajevo-Hadzici (general equipment)
Technical Maintenance Establishment, Cacak (vehicles)
Technical Maintenance Establishment, Kragujevac (explosives, ammunition)
Technical Maintenance Establishment, Bregana (general equipment)
Naval Technical Maintenance Establishment, Tivat
Naval Electronics Establishment, Split
Naval Technical Maintenance Establishment „Velimir Skorpik“, Sibenik

I have the same list but I wasn't keen on including these because lot of them lost one of the key operational components:
- financing (Serbs)
- cadre (Bosnian)
- equipment (most Slovenian, Croatian and Bosnian)
I've included military academies in Zagreb and Belgrade because I know they continued training of officers. Do you have any examples of organised training for others? It would be good to have that.

I have the same list but I wasn't keen on including these because lot of them lost one of the key operational components:
- financing (Serbs)
- cadre (Bosnian)
- equipment (most Slovenian, Croatian and Bosnian)
I've included military academies in Zagreb and Belgrade because I know they continued training of officers. Do you have any examples of organised training for others? It would be good to have that.

For Bosnia we could just have some TT's called "TO BiH"/"Zelene Beretke"(in the beginning) and then later "Armija RBiH"? And add some military leaders. I must say that I would like to see some more HoI TTs and a improved tech tree, but something we could do when we have finished the most crucial parts.

I've got some good stuff, will post on Friday evening.

Cheers.

Sorry for delay, here is the final version of the tech teams in my opinion:

-Added:
-Rasim Delić (he was helpful a lot in small group org and doctrines)
-Murat Sabanovic (he was helpful in rocketry and small arms production, doctrines also).
-New logo of the "BNT"
-Rasim and Murat have pics also.
-Skills upgraded on some team to match "reality."
-Some reorganizing of start dates.

I think that there is no more need of upgrading it because its really good enough in my opinion.

Download: tech_bos_final_v

Cheers.

Sorry for delay, here is the final version of the tech teams in my opinion:

-Added:
-Rasim Delić (he was helpful a lot in small group org and doctrines)
-Murat Sabanovic (he was helpful in rocketry and small arms production, doctrines also).
-New logo of the "BNT"
-Rasim and Murat have pics also.
-Skills upgraded on some team to match "reality."
-Some reorganizing of start dates.

I think that there is no more need of upgrading it because its really good enough in my opinion.

Download: tech_bos_final_v

Cheers.

Thanks! Downloaded and saved. Would you like to try to fix the unit names now?

Sorry for not answering but have been studying for some exams and now they are finally done.

Uhh, I've been playing too much Misery for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that I forgot to check out PI's forums, also yea i'll start to fix stuff related to the unit name, mainly what really needs to be fixed. :)

Cheers.