• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aaaarrrggh, I don't wanna wait that long!! Oh, well, it's worth it, just to see a small, (formerly) insignificant nation cause mayhem in international politics :rofl::rofl:

war against USA will prove hard if they don't come back to their senses :D
seeing a non-allies USa as bolivia would be quite a feat too :D

That is a real interesting challenge you made there, I hope no bad people will attack France while they are over the ocean invading Louisiana :)

For months, Bolivia sat dormant, as the military rested, recuperated, and repositioned. Many almost began to forget the fact that Bolivia was at war with one of the most powerful nations in the world, until March of 1938. Suddenly, and without warning, the United States landed a massive force in the west of France near Brest, and rapidly established a foothold before word even reached the Bolivian government.

hoi3211.jpg

While the world held its breath as the fate of three continents teetered on the edge of chaos, the Bolivian government began preparations for a bold and daring move.

hoi3210.jpg

Sorzando had called a meeting a week after the invasion of France. The men sat around the table discussing what his plan might be. Some speculated that he would order an attempt to distract the Americans with a minor invasion of Panama, although that would entail building a new navy from scratch. Others entertained the notion of troops being sent to Europe to help hold off the American hordes, which too would require transports. Finally, Sorzando stepped into the room, and all stood and saluted.

"As you were." said Sorzando. He got right to the point.

"As you all know, Bolivia is slowly but surely becoming one of the most powerful and aggressive forces on the continent. Unfortunately, we could never stand up to an invasion by a first-world invasion, such as an American invasion. To me, it is obvious the only way to shed our third-world status and "play with the big boys", so to speak..."

The men around the table took deep breaths as Sorzando cleared his throat.

"Many have assumed up to this point my plans were to simply bolster Bolivian forces and capture the port of Santiago to strengthen the Bolivian economy. Although these were major goals I wished to achieve, they were only the beginning. If any South American country ever wishes to be respected on the world stage, we must band together, and as we all know, there is no way this will ever happen through a cultural movement..."

The men around the table shifted their weight in their chairs, anticipating what Sorzando was going to say.

"It is time I reveal my true plans so as to allow you all to better do your jobs... I wish to see all of South and Central America under the Bolivian flag."

The men around the table quietly gasped and exchanged heavy glares.

"Please stay calm... It may seem fanatical, but I know in my heart it can be achieved, America intervening or not. Now, my primary reason for bringing you all together..."

Sorzando set a map down upon the table, with poorly drawn arrows and an odd inlay detailing a single province of Peru.

hoi3234.jpg

"Please excuse that inlay about the single province" he said. "Along with the poorly drawn arrows. Now then, as you may notice in this battle-plan, there are three more divisions then we currently have stationed on our border. After much contemplation, I felt this necessary, as the mountains of Peru appear very unforgiving. Now, I officially order the construction of one Infantry Division, and one Militia Division. We shall reconvene at a time later of my choosing. For now, good day gentlemen. Dismissed."

The men stared in wonder at each other, thinking about how crazy their Supreme Commander really was. At the same time, he *was* right about the necessity of banding South America together. They worried if Bolivia ever could achieve greatness, but they hoped for the best.

Meanwhile, as France and the United States fiercely fought over the peninsula of Brest, the unthinkable occured... The diplomat from the United Kingdom arrived. He apologized numerous times for "Being late" and that "The blockade made it near impossible..."

hoi3213.jpg

With the Battle of France raging, and the Battle of Britain in full swing, the situation looks bleak. Will Sorzando's crazy scheme of conquering Peru even have a chance to see the light of day? Find out in the next installment of BoliviAAR - From Third World to Power!

Without mountaineers Peru is gonna be First War of the Ports all over again. But then again it does seem wiser than going toe-to-toe with the USA.

It's an interesting and entertaining read, I'll definitely follow this one.
The in-character parts are great, perhaps you could explore it a little further? It would be interesting to hear what (or rather what you envision) is going on in the different countries, especially with the way things have unfolded between the U.S. and the Allies. And how are the other factions reacting?

Good job and I hope you keep doing them.

Brandonman, very entertaining, subscribed!

Onthe Sixteenth of April, Nineteen-Thirty-Nine, Sorzando called upon his men to once again convene. It had been quite a while since they had come together officially, so the gossip around the table could not even hope to figure out what the man had planned. Sorzando soon stepped through the door and the men stood to salute. Kundt somehow tripped as he stood from his chair, and fell backwards with a look of terror on his face. Laughter burst out across the room, but soon died off as Sorzando stood at his place and made direct eye-contact with his Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jose Gutierrez.

"It is time for Bolivia to continue her quest for greatness. Inform the pathetic government of Peru that we are at war." Mumbled conversations sprang up across the table...

"It's too mountainous... our troops will never survive that!" "We're just going to excite America more..." "The man is a lunatic..."

"You all know the plan." said Sorzando coolly. He authoritatively walked out the door of the conference room, leaving a wake of disarrayed side conversations behind him. "You heard the man." said Kundt as he stood up. "We know what we are expected to do. Now get to work!" The men gathered their things, and began walking out the door, but not before one wisecracker, Hector Roja, the Chief of the Air Force, got a statement in. "Wow Kundt, looks like regained control of your legs and stood up this time!" Kundt simply rolled his eyes and replied, "Well at least I control a branch of our Armed Forces that has actually been used and exists." The other men chuckled at this retort as they walked out of the room.

Within hours, Gutierrez had sent the orders to the Diplomat in Peru to declare war.

hoi3235.jpg

By the late morning, Kundt had issued his orders to the commanders in the field to begin the attack according to the plan which had previously been distributed to them.

hoi3236.jpg

Within a few days, progress could already be seen in the War of the Peaks, with some Peruvian divisions in the run, and others about to crack.

hoi3237.jpg

As the fighting in South America held the attention of the world, a minor event elsewhere in the world would spread this attention further...

hoi3240.jpg

The allies upheld their obligations to the Allied Poland, and declared war upon Germany and her allies. As the webs of alliances became more and more tangled and wars broke out across the world, people everywhere began referring to the situation as The War of Charlie-Foxtrot. The world now held its breath and shielded the childrens' eyes as the war-mongerers of the world destroyed more and more...

How will the new War in Europe affect South American diplomacy? Will Bolivia ever realize its dreams of becoming a major player? Find out in the next update!​

Last edited: