• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll be on a trip until October. Thought I could squeeze in an AAR update before then but doesn't look like that'll happen. Next post is focused on two individuals -- one somewhat controversial (Sukarno) and one outright amazing (Qian Xuesen); have been doing quite a bit of reading lately.

Also found the paper on why WWII is the 'first oil war' and plan to run through it during my trip so I'll be ready to talk about it in Barbarossa. For those interested: https://repository.library.georgeto...822/557628/Toprani_georgetown_0076D_11993.pdf

(going to start keeping track of major reference material on the 2nd post).

I don't know if you've already considered this, but once Barbarossa happens and the Soviets start losing, Iran is (usually) forced into the Allies. Which will create a border between them and India. It's a narrow border and probably won't see much action, but who knows?

I'm planning to ignore that knowledge until it happens and NOT act upon it. Almost nobody ever remember that Iran was invaded by the Allies during WW2 so Chiang would likely forget too. We'll see what phase of Barbarossa that happens in and work accordingly x)

Last edited:
I'm planning to ignore that knowledge until it happens and NOT act upon it. Almost nobody ever remember that Iran was invaded by the Allies during WW2 so Chiang would likely forget too. We'll see what phase of Barbarossa that happens in and work accordingly x)

The immiediate border is Pakistans to guard, so the question is when/if Iran is forced into the allies, how much of an army will Pakistan have? Do their autonomy allow for their own army or will India have to hold the line?

The immiediate border is Pakistans to guard, so the question is when/if Iran is forced into the allies, how much of an army will Pakistan have? Do their autonomy allow for their own army or will India have to hold the line?

Pakistan has like... all of 3 IC. They'll have a handful of militia at best. So yes, India is going to have to carry the burden.

Actually... What has Afghanistan been up to all this time? Any possibilty of them joining you to reclaim the Durrani Empire's territory from Russia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durrani_Empire#/media/File:Durrani_Empire_1747_1862_AD.png

I'm not seeing much Russian land. I AM seeing a lot of Paki land...
Anyway, I have almost no information for Afghanistan in WW2 and as far as I know, they didn't have much of a government anyway. The DH script also has no Afghan involvement in... anything really.
So... probably nothing is going to happen (apart from a few economic cooperation agreements maybe, since for Germany the Afghans are 'Aryan' and for Chinese they're 'Asian'.)

It's already November. When is the next update?

It's already November. When is the next update?

I actually got stuck writing the next update 2 weeks ago and then got busy again. Call it writer's block or whatever but something just isn't coming out right. Makes me realize that I simply don't have as firm a grasp on ROC's internal politics as I'd like...
I'll try to finish it this sometime this week.

I actually got stuck writing the next update 2 weeks ago and then got busy again. Call it writer's block or whatever but something just isn't coming out right. Makes me realize that I simply don't have as firm a grasp on ROC's internal politics as I'd like...
I'll try to finish it this sometime this week.
Take your time

@zanaikin - Well, it's 2019 now and still no sign of an update...

So, I read the whole thing in one sitting, got hooked by the quality of the AAR and the alternate history it tells and it is dead? :(

Anyhow, as far as I know Wenzhounese is the most difficult Chinese language*. In fact, it is nicknamed the "Devil's Language" for its complexity and difficulty. In fact:

Wikipedia said:
Wenzhounese is reputed to have been used during the Second Sino-Japanese War during wartime communication as code talkers and in Sino-Vietnamese War for programming military code.[8][9][10] There is a common rhymed saying in China that reflects this comprehension difficulty: "Fear not the Heavens, fear not the Earth, but fear the Wenzhou man speaking Wenzhounese" (就怕温州人温州话).

*I call it language because the different Chinese "dialects" are far different than, for example, Italian and Spanish or English and German and thus calling them dialects seems incredibly oversimplistic and wrong.

Thanks for writing this fantastic AAR!
I really admire and appreciate especially the care and work you put into researching the historic backgrounds and, I think, I read and watched all links you provided and some more. Heck, I even studied political sciences and nevertheless still learned a lot from this "game"-approach to break imperialism/colonialism.

It was also a huge inspiration for my latest game with China. Initially this was only planned to provide a more exciting background for a DH Navy Guide with all its necessary number crunching and theorizing. But then I found it so much fun and excitement that I continue... and ran into some problems with freeing colonial territories. Some are quite dead ends in Darkest Hour/HoI2, huge countries like for example Sudan and many others finding themselves with the default minimum 3 IC and not a single province with at least 40% infra which means they aren't able to build additional IC nor is it possible for them to build up their infra by normal means. Some I freed AFTER I had built up the provinces a bit, some without that help and those are stuck now... which is a shame.

Hence I noticed with great interest your custom events to build up infra, rssources and IC.
As a complete noob to modding, would it be possible to post the code of some of your events? Would make it a lot easier if I had a kind of bluepause as reference.

Last edited: