• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Quiller

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
I just downloaded the beta (and the hotfix) and will test SU (did this also in platinum)... Normally I play my first 'real game' tonight and will focus my first findings on :

- war progress of germany
- declaration of war between ger and SU
- what will ger AI do with my platinum tactic for SU? (max forts behind rivers and 'let them come'... strike back some years later...

(more later on)

Maginovski line is considered as an exploit. You are not supposed to build them (the command I used to prevent this does not seem to work).

Damn... there goes my tactic because of a 'designer cheat' :p will try something else then!!!!
btw you mean i may NOT build any forts or just not behind the first rivers? (I could also build some furtheron in the mountains etc as a sort of 'last line of defense if anything fails...

I wanted to disable forts for SU until the Great Patriotic War speech. But there is no command for this. So if you want to play "by the rules of the mod", you should not build forts until then. But then again, I cannot script the mod this way (there is a command to enable buildings but none to disable them).
Same thing for France until 39.
The reason behind this is the AI is hardcodded not to attack level 10 forts.

I wanted to disable forts for SU until the Great Patriotic War speech. But there is no command for this. So if you want to play "by the rules of the mod", you should not build forts until then. But then again, I cannot script the mod this way (there is a command to enable buildings but none to disable them).

:) in that case I will nog build forts but try to find a good last line of defence (because I do not believe SU will be able to hold germany...) we'll see...

You could adjust the build time to like 0.01% Fernando

I am very sorry for the delay but my first game was a disaster (not because of the mod but because of a complete system crash when I arrived at 39... result new hard disk and new install (with the latest beta) so 'hopefully' to start my first real test this evening.