• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the release of AHD and CKII within the next couple of weeks I would not expect anything soon.

So happy that it's still being worked on.

I'd love to see a EU:Rome II. :D
I think they could apply a lot of the stuff they learned in CK2 to Rome II. Even a mega expack would be nice, but a whole new game would be better. I could handle waiting since they've got 2 new games this month.

Rome 2 might be more real than you think.

The game at least deserves a _GOOD_ release.

CK2 was a huge gamble too but I think they gained a lot of fans/buyers during the video dev diaries. I think many people weren't even aware that CK1 was that deep.

I really hope Pdx consider Rome 2, I need something beside the (very good) EB mod to sate my appetite for the ancients.

Oooh, now that poses an interesting dilemma: EB 2 or Rome 2? Which to play?

EB stands for Europa Barbarorum. It is a mod for Rome total war.

I was wondering the exact same thing...I'm aware of the Total War: Rome mod, but figured everyone here was referencing something else. :)

With the stuff in Sengoku and the CK II demo they would have a rocking Rome 2

Thank you paradox! I am thrilled you decided to update rome. I still consider it the best product you have released, despite its small popularity. I wish more could enjoy the superbly polished cross between the character heavy CK and EU. Nothing comes close to Rome politics!

Don't judge the game's popularity by the forum traffic ...

Good Lord! I can't believe this is still getting supported. I was just randomly checking out Forums while waiting for CKII, MM, and NCII to be released and thought I would check out good ole Rome. Haven't played this for years and never bothered to get the VV expansion. Don't know what happened to the original disk but I think I must re-buy this game now. I love all things Ancient and Roman. I would absolutely go nuts over a Rome 2. Great work and support Paradox! Now about the rumored Rome 2.;)

Philippe of AGEOD/Paradox created a very detailed Rome-themed game that was very similar to EU: Rome but the publisher;Dreamcatcher if irc; didn't support it at all and it died a horrible death. Now that Philippe is on the inside of Paradox I am sure that there is a good posiblity that a Rome 2 will be released. Philippe has also said for a long time that he wanted to do a Rome game again. It would just make so much sense. I think the Clausewitz engine is perfect for this era. Maybe after NC 2. I think it would be even better if the game were to focus on a shorter time span than several hundred years. Something like EU: Rome vs Carthage running from 280 B. C.-200 B.C.