Best Way to Elevate the Bourbon Dynasty to the French Throne

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stug_Life

General
33 Badges
Apr 29, 2016
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
Hello,
I know that with the monarch competition in France in the beginning that a lot of it is RNG based. But i was wondering what things can I do to give the Bourbons the best change at getting put on the throne since they seem to have the hardest time.

So you can actually see what factors go into it by hovering over the number in the box... I... uh... here's a picture.
1714770283993.png
So the race is divided into 5 factors:
  1. Popularity of supporting IG (Legitimist, Orleanist, or Bonapartist) leaders
  2. Clout involved IGs (ones with aforementioned leaders).
  3. IG-Specific Building Levels.
  4. Government Legitimacy. (Higher helps the Orleanists, lower helps the Bonaparte/Legitimists)
  5. Events.
So how do we tip the scales to the Legitimists? Well, it's a bit tricky. Advice in Blue Bold.
  1. Your only IG supporter is the Clergy, who don't have much clout. The Landowners, meanwhile, have a lot of clout and an Orleanist leader. You can fix this by inviting Juan Lavalle in 1836, making him your Landowner leader, and brainwashing him swaying him to the Legitimists. You could also invite some other Landowner leader that's more popular, but that's RNG on whether they'll be there anytime soon.
  2. Each IG has their own building type that gives them an edge. Unfortunately for you, the Legitimists have the worst.
    Legitimists get Agriculture. Orleanists get Industry. And the Bonapartists have the ARMY. France starts with 187 divisions and 100 ships. They both count and they both help Bonaparte.
    Either delete your army/navy, hold off on Industrializing (inviting Lavalle basically annihilates the Orleanists), or build some farms. I would recommend the last option. Since you'll probably eventually want to Industralize, Silk and Dye will help. You start off short on Tobacco too so that's a start. Alternatively, ignore this and build Universities for that sweet, sweet Innovation. If you feel the Bonapartists are getting too strong (an early Louis-Napoleon will do that), then you could try scaling back your navy.
  3. Option 1 actually tanks your Legitimacy anyway so whatever. I would recommend not trying to tank it too much, because too many radicals will cause them to overthrow the monarchy.
  4. Choose the right event options. Take every event that erodes the position of the other two sides.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As far as I can tell, the option in some of the Divided Monarchists events that gives a certain dynasty -1 point per month is permanent. This adds up to a huge difference over time, and can singlehandedly sink one of the sides you don't want to get ahead.

I found out another, extremely stupid, way to do it.
  1. Instead of supporting any side, trigger the 1848 Revolution. Unsuppress the Intelligenstia and then put them into the government, you'll have 0 Legitimacy so eventually (and especially after interring Charles X in France) the Republicans will overthrow the government.
  2. Trigger a Revolution where the Landowners will be upset, like Universal Suffrage.
  3. Resign and go "We are helpless against the coming storm" and then choose the Legitimists.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So you can actually see what factors go into it by hovering over the number in the box... I... uh... here's a picture.
View attachment 1127393
So the race is divided into 5 factors:
  1. Popularity of supporting IG (Legitimist, Orleanist, or Bonapartist) leaders
  2. Clout involved IGs (ones with aforementioned leaders).
  3. IG-Specific Building Levels.
  4. Government Legitimacy. (Higher helps the Orleanists, lower helps the Bonaparte/Legitimists)
  5. Events.
So how do we tip the scales to the Legitimists? Well, it's a bit tricky. Advice in Blue Bold.
  1. Your only IG supporter is the Clergy, who don't have much clout. The Landowners, meanwhile, have a lot of clout and an Orleanist leader. You can fix this by inviting Juan Lavalle in 1836, making him your Landowner leader, and brainwashing him swaying him to the Legitimists. You could also invite some other Landowner leader that's more popular, but that's RNG on whether they'll be there anytime soon.
  2. Each IG has their own building type that gives them an edge. Unfortunately for you, the Legitimists have the worst.
    Legitimists get Agriculture. Orleanists get Industry. And the Bonapartists have the ARMY. France starts with 187 divisions and 100 ships. They both count and they both help Bonaparte.
    Either delete your army/navy, hold off on Industrializing (inviting Lavalle basically annihilates the Orleanists), or build some farms. I would recommend the last option. Since you'll probably eventually want to Industralize, Silk and Dye will help. You start off short on Tobacco too so that's a start. Alternatively, ignore this and build Universities for that sweet, sweet Innovation. If you feel the Bonapartists are getting too strong (an early Louis-Napoleon will do that), then you could try scaling back your navy.
  3. Option 1 actually tanks your Legitimacy anyway so whatever. I would recommend not trying to tank it too much, because too many radicals will cause them to overthrow the monarchy.
  4. Choose the right event options. Take every event that erodes the position of the other two sides.
Oh this exactly what I was looking for with advice. I really appreciate the help!

About the whole invite Juan Lavalle in 1836... is that an agitator or something? If so how do I elevate him to leading the landowners?
If an IG is in your government, you can right-click them and make them leader of that IG. I believe it's "Grant Leadership". It has a cooldown, but only two people are even Agitators in 1836.