• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well ,if youll gona let Flanders split up possibly ,atleast give filip Dewinter a quite bad administrative and diplomatic value.

Oh ,and a civil war would surely beflame the previous Belgium in the case of a split.just think about this ,if Flanders and Wallonia split's ,who the hell get's Brussels? (thats right ,fight for it)

offcourse we're gonna give give him bad values

Wallony and Flanders actually have the right to take Brussels
but Wallony can't have Brabant so maybe an event of the French inhabitants of Brussels leaving to wallony (after a civil war perhaps)

Originally posted by Gathenhielm
I dont know, the guy that mixed with cultures/languages has somehow dissapered.

there are two ukranian cultures : ruthenian and ukrainian maybe taking one of them?

On the Pim Fortuin part IMO there should be 2 events.

The first should be the way political system handled the rising popularity of Pim Fortuin.

Two option: 1 an open and rational way,
2 a panicking way trying to present Pim Fortuin as an extremist.

1 would lead to a small decrease in stability.

2 could trigger the already proposed event of the assassination of Pim Fortuin (so that it does not always happen when option 2 is chosen)

(BTW I am absolutely not saying that politicians were to blame for the assassination of Fortuin, they probably were unaware of the fact they strengthened the opinion of the killer that Fortuin was a thread to society)

OT: the people who normally win Dutch language competitions are usually Flemmish.

magdat you're welcome to help cause we realy need somebody to come up with events fot The Netherlands

Originally posted by labalag
magdat you're welcome to help cause we realy need somebody to come up with events for The Netherlands

I'll do an attempt for the Pim Fortyun event. I propose that my contribution will depend on how well that turns out.

I suppose you would like scripted events best, but I could also come up with a list of major events

BTW: which event ID are available for MDS?

I've got no idea wich ID's are being used (just give them 1,2,3,...)

just try

As for cultures, or languages in game, there should be a list somewhere... I'll look throught the MDS bin tommorrow:p:D

Okay here it is (thanks to weyouns event program)

I am not sure if the date-triggers work out this way. Futhermore I am not sure wether to use stabilty or RR (can RR be applied to the whole country other than simply applying it to all the provinces????) If so I would suggest to use RR for the assasination and stability for the others.

event = {
id = XX
random = no
country = HOL
name = "The rise of Pim Fortuyn"
desc = "In the early part 2002, just for the general elections the popularity of Pim Fortuyn saw a tremendous increase. In what way will the establishment react?"
style = 1

date = { day = 15 month = february year = 2002 }

action_a = {
name = "Ignore the issues Pim Fortuyn addresses and try to present him as a extremist"
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
command = { type = trigger which = 2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "accept that there is a need to discuss the issues Pim Fortuyn addresses"
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
}
}

event = {
id = XX
random = no
country = HOL
name = "The assasination of Pim Fortuyn"
desc = "After just giving an radio interview Pim Fortuyn was fatally shot several times"
style = 1

date = { day = 6 month = may year = 2002 }

action_a = {
}
}

(changed the commands around, forgot about the 85% command a rule)

Last edited:
Remember that this events will bring down the Netherlands to -1 (or 0 if they can recovere in time). Maybe it is a little hash?´

And I suppose that the second command in the first event doesnt trigger the second event?

Remember that this events will bring down the Netherlands to -1 (or 0 if they can recovere in time). Maybe it is a little harsh?´

Well I thougt stability 3 -1 (option B event 1) -2 (event 2) = 0 or am I doing something wrong? (stability = 0 is still harsh, but an event without consequences is a bit sad aswell isn't it?)

an other option is to introduce a third event being the election in januari 2003 to cancel any stability effects. Actually this event should only happen if Fortyun is killed because these elections are a direct result of the chaos within the LPF (Pim Fortyuns party) after his death.

And I suppose that the second command in the first event doesnt trigger the second event?

Well it was my intention to let it trigger event 2, but if it does not what should be changed? (Best would be that there was a 50% change for the second event if option 2 was chosen in the first event.

Last edited:
i have no idea what changed in the whole MDS in comparison to normal EU2 but here goes my try at Pim Fortuyn sequence.
notes:
1. dates probably far off
2. events might need offsets and deathdates
3. events not balanced yet :)

Code:
event = {
  id = XX1
  random = no
  country = HOL
  name = "Fall of the government"
  desc = "In the early part 2001, the Dutch government fell just before the elections, over  the issue of the Srebrenica 
disaster"##is there an event for the Srebrenica problem/NATO
 intervention in former Yugoslavia?##
  style = 1

date = { day = 15 month = february year = 2001 }#dont know the exact date

action_a = {
    name = "the people are unhappy with the current situation of the country"
     }
action_b = {
name = "the politicians finally understand the people's problems"
    command = { type = treasury value =-100 } #issues addresed#
    command = { type = centralisation value =-1 } #people more involved, less central control#
    command = { type = sleepevent which = XX2}
     }
}

event = {
  id = XX2
  random = no
  country = HOL
  name = "'leefbaar' parties win elections in various cities"
  desc = ""
  style = 1

date = { day = 15 month = june year = 2001 } #dont know when all these elections were#

action_a = {
    name = "The 'leefbaar' parties win"
    command = { type = stability value = 1 }
    command = { type = centralisation value =-1 } #inexperienced people come to "power" in various cities
    command = { type = treasury value = -125 } #and spend money like there's no tomorrow to addres various issues
    command = { type = setflag which = leefbaarNL }
    command = { type = basetax which = -1 value = 1 }#
    command = { type = basetax which = -1 value = 1 }#
    command = { type = basetax which = -1 value = 1 }#people are happy, issues get addresed: more productivity
     }
action_b = {
name = "the established parties manage to hold the power"
    command = { type = revoltrisk which = 48 value = 2}#elections every four years
     }
}

event = {
  id = XX3
  trigger = { flag = leefbaarNL }
  random = no
  country = HOL
  name = "The rise of Pim Fortuyn"
  desc = "Pim Fortuyn led the 'leefbaar' party in Rotterdam, but 
had ambitions to go into the national politics, he therefore tried to get as much TV-time as possible"
  style = 1

date = { day = 15 month = august year = 2001 }

action_a = {
    name = "Freedom of speech, give him the interviews he wants"
    command = { type = stability value = 1 }
    command = { type = setflag which = Pim }
    command = { type = revoltrisk which = 6 value = 6 } #Pim Fortuyns opinions offend some people
     }
action_b = {
name = "Pim Fortuyn is an extremist, deny him any and all interviews"
    command = { type = revolt which = -2 }#this was hardly an option
    command = { type = revoltrisk which = 6 value = 9 }
     }
}

event = {
  id = XX4
  trigger = { flag = Pim }
  random = no
  country = HOL
  name = "TV discussions with Pim Fortuyn"
  desc = "in various TV discussions Pim Fortuyn clearly voiced his 
opinion, and mostly won the discussions with the other politicians"
  style = 1

date = { day = 27 month = november year = 2001 }

action_a = {
    name = "Pim Fortuyn is allowed to voice his opinion, which is at times extremist"
    command = { type = stability value = 2 } #people are happy this is being said
     }
action_b = {
    name = "other politicians pretend it is their idea"
    command = { type = stability value = 1 } #people are still slightly distrusting, but happy the issues get addresed
    command = { type = sleepevent which = XX5 }
     }

event = {
  id = XX5
  trigger = { flag = Pim }
  random = no
  country = HOL
  name = "Pim Fortuyn is shot"
  desc = "Pim Fortuyns extremism scares some people, one of
 them decides to shoot Pim"
  style = 1

date = { day = 6 month =may year = 2002 }#might want a little offset

action_a = {
    name = "Pim is dead"
    command = { type = stability value = -2 } #his death shocks the nation
     }
action_b = {
name = "Pim miraculously survives the assasination attempt"
    command = { type = stability value = -1 } #shock of the attempt
    command = { type = setflag which = PimPM } #for a 'fantasy' Pim government
     }
}

Last edited:
Here clearly is a more capable candidate for the job labalag. (still want to help thought)

ForzA
you need a space betveen the = and the 1 in the "'leefbaar' parties win elections in various cities" event where you increase taxvalue

Originally posted by Lars
ForzA
you need a space betveen the = and the 1 in the "'leefbaar' parties win elections in various cities" event where you increase taxvalue
heh, my events always have errors like that :)
fixed now

Originally posted by magdat
Here clearly is a more capable candidate for the job labalag. (still want to help thought)
me?? you got to be kidding :)

Well I thougt stability 3 -1 (option B event 1) -2 (event 2) = 0 or am I doing something wrong? (stability = 0 is still harsh, but an event without consequences is a bit sad aswell isn't it?)

an other option is to introduce a third event being the election in januari 2003 to cancel any stability effects. Actually this event should only happen if Fortyun is killed because these elections are a direct result of the chaos within the LPF (Pim Fortyuns party) after his death.

Well it was my intention to let it trigger event 2, but if it does not what should be changed? (Best would be that there was a 50% change for the second event if option 2 was chosen in the first event.
Well the AI almost always choose alternative A (85%) so that should be the historical choice.

ok.

I just thought it looked a little bit strange too trigger a historical event with a b_command.

You are right I forgot about the 85% rule. I shall change it if it were only out of esthetic reasons (with the old command a event 2 would not take place)

me?? you got to be kidding

No, not that I was aware of. Is there any reason the believe that I should have been kidding? And if so should we know about it? And if so what is that reason?:)

Last edited:

No, not that I was aware of. Is there any reason the believe that I should have been kidding?
yes.. most of my events screw up, and i seldom have the inspiration to do more then one little bunch of events..
and I'm not that much into building up an entire web of events

And if so should we know about it?

now you do :p

In other words, I love to help, but PLEASE dont count on me to make contributions regularly.

I didn't say you were a capable candidate, only you that you were more capable as I am (which really, means nothing:p )

No really, I thought: wow this guy seems to be able to come up with quite a large number of events only based around Pim Fortuyn. So what else can he do?

There is also the event parser (also online) which checks if events are correct.

Well I like to make an occasional contribution, but I surely wouldn't like to see it as a obligation.