• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

admiral drake

Cogito ergo sum
53 Badges
Jun 30, 2003
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
post here if you want to suggest a rule change or addition of a rule
or anything else really if you have a idea that may be intresting share it, while we wait anyway now is the time

any case i would like to know people opinion of adding the following rule again

no warships in europe
the rule force you to use warships for colonial ventures and keep galleys viable for everybody the entire game to defend his european coastline,
(you can stil send warships to europe to pick up troops to colonial affairs)
no combat and if you do end up fighting a fleet by accident you have to retreat on day 1

we used this rule before and works great but since we have a few new players i wont add it until i hear people his opinion

Seems like a good rule to me. I want to suggest banning the use of MA with AIs to explore on land. Russia/OE getting to China in 1500 is kind of silly.

I think a rule requiring an aggressor to cancel MA if he has it in the country he's attacking makes sense as well. The defender shouldn't have to take a stabhit to revoke MA.

I think a rule requiring an aggressor to cancel MA if he has it in the country he's attacking makes sense as well. The defender shouldn't have to take a stabhit to revoke MA.

You mean if you declare war on someone who then calls an ally into the war? Because I thought you can't declare war on someone without cancelling MA first. I dunno, that might just be the price you pay for handing out military access to would-be enemies.

You mean if you declare war on someone who then calls an ally into the war? Because I thought you can't declare war on someone without cancelling MA first. I dunno, that might just be the price you pay for handing out military access to would-be enemies.

Your example is kind of vague. Lets say France grants MA to England. At a later time Spain attacks France, and invites England in on the fun. Under the proposed rule, England would have to cancel its MA in France. If France attacks England, then England wouldn't be forced to cancel MA. The idea is to force the aggressor has to take the stabhit, which makes sense logically. The aggressor is the one breaking the spirit of the agreement--usually MA is granted between countries with a friendly relationship. It doesn't really make sense for the defender to take a stabhit to stop supplying enemy armies.

Your example is kind of vague.

Alright, so how about this: France and England have military access. Later, France declares war on Spain. A year later England enters an alliance with Spain. Who has to take the stab hits?

I understand the intent, but I suspect it will result in rule lawyering about who is an aggressor/defender in what are typically pretty byzantine diplomatic relations. Take our last game. England, Russia, and France all had MA with one another. Sweden declares war on Brandenburg. Russia allies with Sweden. Brandenburg calls England and France to war. France joins Brandenburg, England joins Russia/Sweden. Who takes a stab hit? Russia? France? England? Two of them? All of them?

I also can't quite shake the notion that, even in your example of France getting hit 2vs1, the -1 stab for revoking military access is the price they pay for giving military access to someone who might declare war on them.

Last edited:
France would have to cancel it. In your previous game, England and Russia would have to cancel it. It's pretty simple really, whichever side DoWs cancels MA.

I also can't quite shake the notion that, even in your example of France getting hit 2vs1, the -1 stab for revoking military access is the price they pay for giving military access to someone who might declare war on them.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Anyway I'm not too concerned with the MA stabhit rule. I'm more interested in hearing feedback on the exploring with MA one.

France would have to cancel it.

So France has to take 2 hits to stability (the one to cancel MA with England, and presumably another to revoke England's MA) because England decided to backstab/gang France.

See what I mean?

I'm more interested in hearing feedback on the exploring with MA one.

I'd almost want to take it a step further and disallow MA exploration on any country, AI or player.

well pretty good suggestions regarding Ma
but its a tricky issue, so maybe we should just go with the polish model in this.

Last edited: