• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Petrarca said:
As pagan conquest is quite easy (and piety boosting), I'd like to see some restrictions on that... and for 0600, I'm going to load up the scenario and find a different nation. I don't know about Holland, but Brugge wasn't much fun. :eek:o
I see the first games as an experiment to see how stable it is MP and what the major loopholes are (so that hopefully we can give feedback and get them patched up), how much bandwidth is used and how many players we can comfortably support. There'll be lots of time for house rules later if they're really necessary (assassinations for example springs first to my mind as something needing agreement on) - for now though lets just keep it simple and see how it works. Same for prestige editing, if you're playing larger positions you soon generate prestige, I'm not really interested in total war gang fests, during this period wars were fought over single provinces so with the 100 prestige you start with and a few marriages, within a year you'll be able to claim some of the poorer provinces.

I'll only be able to play in the morning session, have an eu2 game already booked Sunday evenings, so thinking about it it might just be better if I skip this one - well I'll try and get up in time, we'll have to see :).

I was going to change my choice to Poitou-Bordeaux under the d'Aquitaine, but Inri's France might not approve of my southward expansion. :eek:o

Wyvern said:
I see the first games as an experiment to see how stable it is MP and what the major loopholes are (so that hopefully we can give feedback and get them patched up), how much bandwidth is used and how many players we can comfortably support. There'll be lots of time for house rules later if they're really necessary (assassinations for example springs first to my mind as something needing agreement on) - for now though lets just keep it simple and see how it works. Same for prestige editing, if you're playing larger positions you soon generate prestige, I'm not really interested in total war gang fests, during this period wars were fought over single provinces so with the 100 prestige you start with and a few marriages, within a year you'll be able to claim some of the poorer provinces.

I'll only be able to play in the morning session, have an eu2 game already booked Sunday evenings, so thinking about it it might just be better if I skip this one - well I'll try and get up in time, we'll have to see :).

Well, the second session would be a completely different game, most likely different people. Also, I feel that assassinations should be allowed only if one of their heirs is from their dynasty and if for some reason that heir is your vassal.

Depending on the timezone issues, I'd like to play one of these games. :D

Duuk said:
Depending on the timezone issues, I'd like to play one of these games. :D

Well, at least come to the first one (0600) so that we can be sure we have all slots filled for that at least.

Game in 6 hours, 30 minutes, gentlemen.

Sterkarm said:
Game in 6 hours, 30 minutes, gentlemen.
It's Saturday, did you decide to change it for some reason?And at what time would the second one be for PST?

Ardryn said:
It's Saturday, did you decide to change it for some reason?And at what time would the second one be for PST?

Well, it's Saturday for us Americans. But I usually put the time in GMT for Europeans. PST is CST-2, right? If so, then it would be 2200 (10:00 PM) PST.

Sterkarm said:
Well, it's Saturday for us Americans. But I usually put the time in GMT for Europeans. PST is CST-2, right? If so, then it would be 2200 (10:00 PM) PST.
Ah, ok that makes sense, and yes PST is GMT-08:00.

THAT was unsuccessful. Oh well, regroup and play next week, Belisarius will be hosting, we'll decide on whether all dukes or all kings then.

Sterkarm said:
THAT was unsuccessful. Oh well, regroup and play next week, Belisarius will be hosting, we'll decide on whether all dukes or all kings then.
That was something of a bust, oh well next week it is.

Sterkarm said:
Aye aye, sir. The Rockets should be eliminated from the playoffs by then. ;)

Ccbasin said:
I cant believe it. You guys are not going to tell us poor souls out here how it went?? Did it crash or what :D
Long story short, Sterkarm was Poland, and Belisarius Silesia, I tried starting as Krakow.Sadly, Krakow is bugged in 1066, meaning insta-crash on startup.

Edit: There is however, a scenario in the mod forum that fixes this.

Hmm, we need more people, if interested, see first post for details.

I will be up for one of the games this weekend. All my buddy's are going to a 7s tournament but I can't afford it :mad: ah well, MP CK will be just as fun as drunken rugby.

ElimGarak said:
I will be up for one of the games this weekend. All my buddy's are going to a 7s tournament but I can't afford it :mad: ah well, MP CK will be just as fun as drunken rugby.

Preferrably, come to the 0600 session, I can't make it to the 1900 session any longer.

So that would make it 11:00pm on saturday night if I live in Alberta, which is on mountain standard time?

ElimGarak said:
So that would make it 11:00pm on saturday night if I live in Alberta, which is on mountain standard time?

Yes, it would.