• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So in total, the Italian Air Force at dawn of Barbarossa on 30th of December 1940 consisted of: 18 Interceptor groups, 18 CAS groups, 6 CAG groups, 8 Tac groups and single Transport group, additional 3 CAS groups had been loaned to Luftwaffe as token gesture for the loan of the Panzer korps. Most of these operated in wings of 3 groups, but Tactical bombers flew in 'binary formations'. Making it in practise largest Axis Airforce, especially if you don't want to count the CAG's, IJN sure has lot of those...

Holy meatballs! That is an air force. I try to go big with the Italian AF, but have never come up to thise numbers until 1943 (maybe fighters by '42). I assume that is done with basic training and no upgrades?

Axis airforce is really strong, Italy has proven its might in this area in getting Odessa and Southern breakthrough. Red Airmy Airforce is facing huge opposition in the air.

Yay... some massive front lines. Timely indeed with a D-Day analogue. The outcome of that will be quite conclusive. Hope to see some more details from that area.

Mmm, no, the Expansion Italy has done, no doubt helps. That Air force is very up to date (was? I'm not done with 1943 techs now in mid '41). And no, I didn't speed up things with training. However, first few planes were phased in, as in built up during yugoslavian war but not finished, to speed up practical gains. I have now reached 50 practical in it, but at this point it wasn't quite there yet. Still, singleminded dedication into it helps, I have built only few transports, convoys and replacement divisions since 1939, 1 year building practically nothing but planes does get one pretty far.

Axis airforce is really strong, Italy has proven its might in this area in getting Odessa and Southern breakthrough. Red Airmy Airforce is facing huge opposition in the air.

Axis? Im sure you meant Ally. USA has zounds of int and cags -id say at least 2x as many as japan does...

Soviet Union does not rely on capitalist aircover and we are facing airforces of Germany, Italy and Japan. Where each mentioned alone can field larger airforce then SU has in its disposal.

Yeah - did somebody give up? Seem to early for that.

Game is kinda slow at the moment as everybody have their summer commitments.
No decisive result, game is hanging in balance at the moment. He who blinks first loses :)

Consider this chapter one of the saga, which now continues here. Enjoy!