• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hannibal_M

Private
Sep 15, 2012
Hello guys!

I'm having a problem with my dinasty. I'm playing Aragon, and so far I've been more succesful with lands thatn with the Y chromosome. My king has 10 daughters from 2 different wives, but not a single male heir. So I'm going to have to change laws to elective, and designate someone from my dinasty. Since I'm going to go through all that trouble, why not at least chose the best candidate? I already put my eye on a distant nephew, but he's not a vassal, he's a vassal count's courtier. I tried revoking this count's title, hoping that my nephew would join my court where I could make him count, but no, he flees to another court.

So, is there something I can do to attract him to my court? Or is it completely random?

Also, I don't intend to stay elective for long. After the king dies, provided it's not game over, I'm going to change laws again to some primogeniture. But since any vassal could be elected under elective law and then they'll be denied the chance to be heirs, does it mean ALL my vassals will have a claim on my titles?

Is there anything else I can do, besides assasinating 7 boys or giving everyone and their moms a claim to be kings?

Yes, you could post in the right forum for a start.
The one for CK 2.

At least that sounds a lot as a question for the sequel.

Last edited:
It is the right forum, I'm playing CK DV.

ohmy.gif

Oops.

Really ? Oh....i somehow knew this would fall on my foot.
Sorry, i had only slept one hour at night and there were constantly people posting in here wrongly before, so..
I think this was the only time i responded snappish and without links etc. and boom..i'm wrong.

Sorry.
blush.gif

On Topic:

1: I don't recall there being anything to attract them as in CK2.
As you are related and same dynasty high loyalty is relevant, also close relatives of him, your nephew, in your court raise chances for him to move
to yours, as long as loyalty is low in his current court and would be high to you.

So in short, get a parent or sibling of him into your court and then hope he might come to you when he leaves his current court for the three known reasons
(court gets destroyed, rival in court or low loyalty).

2. Changing form elective to primo should not give anyone claims on your title.
To be sure i just did this to test and no claims were handed out. I used to play with the DVIP mod and don't recall if there was a difference.
If in doubt, save before doing so and reload if required.

Cheers,

Aard

Last edited:
ohmy.gif

Oops.

Really ? Oh....i somehow knew this would fall on my foot.
Sorry, i had only slept one hour at night and there were constantly people posting in here wrongly before, so..
I think this was the only time i responded snappish and without links etc. and boom..i'm wrong.

Sorry.
blush.gif

:D lol no problem, seems we were on the same boat. I was also sleepy when I posted this, I stayed up all night and posted this at about 5:00 am... I could have mentioned before what version I was playing, but besides the lack of sleep, my wife was urging me to go to bed already, so...

Thanx! I'm going to try what you suggested. His loyalty is 100% and positive change, but I trust it will be bigger with me, as my king has better traits. As for the relatives, I'll se what I can do, because he has no close family in my court, and attracting his close relatives will be more or less the same as attracting him. :confused:

[QUOTE="Hannibal_M, post: 19962986, member: 557762"...... and attracting his close relatives will be more or less the same as attracting him. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Well..you could try to marry some female relative into your court.
My memory of CK1 has admittedly become fuzzy, but that should be possible.

Cheers

PS: Don't forget your wife over all that. ;)

Well I finally found a way around it...

I arranged with nephew's liege to send him to my court in exchange for a good reward. That means I saved and then loaded as the count of Navarra, where the boy was. I didn't feel quite comfortable about it, it felt like... ahem... cheating! but there was no other way and besides, I think it might be historically accurate, it might have been actually done.

2. Changing form elective to primo should not give anyone claims on your title.
To be sure i just did this to test and no claims were handed out. I used to play with the DVIP mod and don't recall if there was a difference.
If in doubt, save before doing so and reload if required.
Aard

It did :( I'm not sure if everyone has a claim, I haven't checked them all. But at least the strongest vassals, the ones that were candidates at the time I changed the law, do have claims.

Oh..sorry for the claims. Irritating, as i said i tried it myself. Hmm....

Cheating is perfectly fine when trying to understand a game i my opinion.
I started up CK1 because of you now some times and decided to play it again soon, but i will probably still use money and prestige cheats. Maybe fire events manually.

Hmmm are there cheats for money and prestige? :eek:

I don't think I'll be using them, I like to play Aragon precisely for the challenge, poor guy starts as a king of a single God forsaken province... for me, the fun lies in rising from it to world superpower.
Still, might be useful to know some cheats when doing tests!

The only cheat I use is "die", because I still haven't found the formula to assassination success, and my spymaster is usually discovered. But that's reserved to vassals who pledge allegiance, and then the next month they declare war and incite civil war :mad:. For them, and their entire misbegotten offspring. I just whish there was a "die. horrendous, painful and long death" command.

Hmmm are there cheats for money and prestige? :eek:

Yes indeed.
I quote from the file i have, as i don't know where it is here on the forum:
To access these codes merely hit F12 and type in the code. Then hit F12 and another key to remove the screen. …. Updated Sept 20th 2004 game version 1.4b.

Economic cheats
Simple… adds stuff to your resource counts

“gold” – adds 1000 gold to your stockpile
“prestige” – adds 1000 prestige to your score
“piety” – adds 1000 piety to your score

GamePlay Cheats
Cheats that affect the way the actual gameplay directly and how you interact with the AI. These cheats are like toggle switches Typing the cheat again turns it off

“die” – kills the currently selected character. Careful with this one… if you don’t have a character selected properly you’ll end up killing someone else unintentionally… Like YOU!. Make sure the characters window is open and selected before typing in Die.

“byzantine” – forces AI to accept all diplomatic suggestions, (peace offers, marriage offers, vassalization offers, revoke title) and assassinations always succeed. However the negative BB effects and such from the actions are still in effect. Works like Victoria’s “neville” cheat

“norevolts” – as reported makes it so revolts of armed forces end and then don’t happen.. However it likely does NOT prevent the Revolt tag from triggering in a province prevent unhappy Vassals from declaring independence. Two effects much more serious than any actual revolt I’ve ever encountered.

Global Cheats
These are cheats that affect the way the game appears and affect the game screen and options… things like that. These cheats are like toggle switches Typing the cheat again turns it off

“handsoff”- theoretically turns your dynasty over to AI control. However it appears it mostly just keeps your game running through popup events instead of pausing like many events do.

“nofog” – removes the fog of war on the game.. Type it again to turn the fog back on. This is not permanent. You'll have to turn the fog back off every time you start up the game again.

“difrules” – reportedly gives godlike powers… not sure exactly what that means though.

“showid” – shows provinces ID information on the screen. Similar to the Victoria event.

Event Cheats
These are a little different in CK due to the two types of events. Character events affect your character, and province events affect a province. However use these with caution and it sounds like CTD’s are a common effect of running these events so I’d recommend you save your game before attempting one. To get these events to fire you need to:

Character events:
a. Select the character that is to receive the event
b. Open F12 console
c. Type: charevent ???? (where ????=event ID#)

Province events:
a. Select the province that is to receive the event
b. Open F12 console
c. Type: provevent ???? (where ????=event ID#)

The only cheat I use is "die", because I still haven't found the formula to assassination success, and my spymaster is usually discovered. But that's reserved to vassals who pledge allegiance, and then the next month they declare war and incite civil war :mad:. For them, and their entire misbegotten offspring. I just whish there was a "die. horrendous, painful and long death" command

Hehe.
At least CK1 is/was exciting. :cool:

Last edited: