• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Give him time will you? He's extremely busy at the moment and will only be able to work on the new build later this month.

It runs on 1.03 afaik.

Right now I need to move, go overseas to visit family for 2 weeks (7 of those days spent traveling), learn driving during the 2 weeks of break I have, come back, fill out a bunch of internship forms, start an internship, prepare for GRE, take GRE, fill out graduate school apps, and get my laptop fixed when I get back as well since it refuses to open (something's jammed with the screen). I'm currently using my netbook to browse the forums. I basically won't be able to mod until my laptop is fixed, and even after, I'll be busy with internship and things. If anyone wants to work on the mod, feel free to post, and I can add you to the github project.

Hi AAR team,can you create a new scenario starting in 1919?

I had a go at Britain from the start of the mod. WWI went fine and we beat the Central Powers, creating a Weimar-like interwar Germany under Hindenburg, which Hitler took over OTL. So everything up to the early 1920s was basically OTL.

The POD came when the USSR won the Polish-Soviet War, annexing Poland. What this meant for me was that by the time Germany went through Munich in 1938 OTL and controlling Slovakia as a puppet, Poland was already a People's Republic puppet of the USSR. My guess is this is the reason why Hitler still hasn't attacked anyone yet, as all his neighbouring neutrals are puppets (like Poland) or have their independence guaranteed by us (UK). The year is 1947, I think I'm first to get nukes in 1946, and WWII still hasn't begun yet! Obviously I can't start declaring war on ANYONE either because I'm a democracy, so am I just doomed to play a 'cold war' scenario with THREE BLOCS up til 1963???? Has anyone experienced a similar scenario as Britain or anyone else?????

On a less relevant note, I sent materiel support to Republican Spain in 1938, and the Spanish Civil War is still going. The Reps have most of Spain when the Francoists only hold northern Spain, which is pretty cool. :p

I had a go at Britain from the start of the mod. WWI went fine and we beat the Central Powers, creating a Weimar-like interwar Germany under Hindenburg, which Hitler took over OTL. So everything up to the early 1920s was basically OTL.

The POD came when the USSR won the Polish-Soviet War, annexing Poland. What this meant for me was that by the time Germany went through Munich in 1938 OTL and controlling Slovakia as a puppet, Poland was already a People's Republic puppet of the USSR. My guess is this is the reason why Hitler still hasn't attacked anyone yet, as all his neighbouring neutrals are puppets (like Poland) or have their independence guaranteed by us (UK). The year is 1947, I think I'm first to get nukes in 1946, and WWII still hasn't begun yet! Obviously I can't start declaring war on ANYONE either because I'm a democracy, so am I just doomed to play a 'cold war' scenario with THREE BLOCS up til 1963???? Has anyone experienced a similar scenario as Britain or anyone else?????

On a less relevant note, I sent materiel support to Republican Spain in 1938, and the Spanish Civil War is still going. The Reps have most of Spain when the Francoists only hold northern Spain, which is pretty cool. :p

The Poland thing has happened to me. For some reason the Soviet AI is more focused on fighting Poland than it is in actually winning the Russian Civil War. I'd suggest an event firing for the Soviets that sees them victorious (Maybe territory and dissent effects?) but prevents them from annexing Poland.

As for the Spanish Civil War for some reason REp Spain likes to go all "Western Front" once it has pushed the Nats into North-Western Spain and leave them be. I have had to directly intervene to get them to actually attack that area and usually they have enough to win easy just the AI doesn't bother.

The Poland thing has happened to me. For some reason the Soviet AI is more focused on fighting Poland than it is in actually winning the Russian Civil War. I'd suggest an event firing for the Soviets that sees them victorious (Maybe territory and dissent effects?) but prevents them from annexing Poland.

As for the Spanish Civil War for some reason REp Spain likes to go all "Western Front" once it has pushed the Nats into North-Western Spain and leave them be. I have had to directly intervene to get them to actually attack that area and usually they have enough to win easy just the AI doesn't bother.

Thanks for the reply Agent Larkin. Were you Britain as well then?

More importantly, the main issue for me was that the status quo stagnated after the Soviet Victory. Personally, I wouldn't give a damn if Poland becomes Red in 1923, if that didnt discourage Germany from starting a war! Did the war start for you despite the Soviet Victory? If not, then maybe it's the German side of things that need fixing. If Poland did become red, I reckon Hitler's desire for Lebensraum would still mean that Barbarossa would remain an attractive option for the Nazis - Just because Poland is Stalin's puppet shouldn't mean that the Nazis would abandon one of their CENTRAL projects!!!!!!! :blink:

Regarding Spain, seeing that I have 0 belligerence (despite absolute interventionist leanings) I don't think I can do the same. But yeah you're right, the front has stagnated (as has the rest of the game). I wouldnt mind this but a peace agreement/treaty between the Reps and Nats would be a good fix if the war does prolong to this degree (it's been 11 years now).

On another note the Japanese have already been defeated by China, and so the peace in the East is justified (unlike in Europe). It'd be much appreciated if anyone can offer some sort of explanation for the Germans' irrational peacefulness.

Thanks for the reply Agent Larkin. Were you Britain as well then?

More importantly, the main issue for me was that the status quo stagnated after the Soviet Victory. Personally, I wouldn't give a damn if Poland becomes Red in 1923, if that didnt discourage Germany from starting a war! Did the war start for you despite the Soviet Victory? If not, then maybe it's the German side of things that need fixing. If Poland did become red, I reckon Hitler's desire for Lebensraum would still mean that Barbarossa would remain an attractive option for the Nazis - Just because Poland is Stalin's puppet shouldn't mean that the Nazis would abandon one of their CENTRAL projects!!!!!!! :blink:

Regarding Spain, seeing that I have 0 belligerence (despite absolute interventionist leanings) I don't think I can do the same. But yeah you're right, the front has stagnated (as has the rest of the game). I wouldnt mind this but a peace agreement/treaty between the Reps and Nats would be a good fix if the war does prolong to this degree (it's been 11 years now).

On another note the Japanese have already been defeated by China, and so the peace in the East is justified (unlike in Europe). It'd be much appreciated if anyone can offer some sort of explanation for the Germans' irrational peacefulness.

Firstly I was playing as France not Britain, for some reason I like playing inter-war France just so I can give the Reich a hard time. I also see it happen in Canada games.

While the idea of a Germany still willing to go East with a commie Poland in the way does have its merits I think the devs are still fixing issues with the 1.03 update before planning for the contingency. But I do agree that it would make sense. However it would prevent the Western Allies from being involved possibly leading to a Nazi Germany, already having beaten the SU, turning on France. And it would take a very skilled player to win that fight against Germany with a full Eastern Empire to extort.

Spain is a nuisance, personally if it gets like that I cheat a little and use "acceptall" to get the intelligence agency to carry out a global manipulation on Nat Spain so that it gets 1 belligernece then I just go in. Alternatively you could load up as REP spain and change things so you join the allies. So long as you don't un-pause the game while doing so your Britain should be the same when you come back.

Japan being beaten by Nat China is unusual alright, but not that rare. My own Nat China games have seen me push the Japs out of Korea as early as '37.

As for the whole German peacefulness it seems to be down to just the events getting screwed due to lack of Poland. My advice would be if you really want to fight that war, and you will probably lose due to the additional 11 years of build up its had and with no SU breathing down its neck, you could follow the method with NAT spain and just use Global Manipulation and start the war.

Or load up the SU, release Poland. Break your puppet status and agreements with it and then the events should (hopefully) fire to start WW2.

But thats the best I can do I'm afraid.

Firstly I was playing as France not Britain, for some reason I like playing inter-war France just so I can give the Reich a hard time. I also see it happen in Canada games.

While the idea of a Germany still willing to go East with a commie Poland in the way does have its merits I think the devs are still fixing issues with the 1.03 update before planning for the contingency. But I do agree that it would make sense. However it would prevent the Western Allies from being involved possibly leading to a Nazi Germany, already having beaten the SU, turning on France. And it would take a very skilled player to win that fight against Germany with a full Eastern Empire to extort.

Spain is a nuisance, personally if it gets like that I cheat a little and use "acceptall" to get the intelligence agency to carry out a global manipulation on Nat Spain so that it gets 1 belligernece then I just go in. Alternatively you could load up as REP spain and change things so you join the allies. So long as you don't un-pause the game while doing so your Britain should be the same when you come back.

Japan being beaten by Nat China is unusual alright, but not that rare. My own Nat China games have seen me push the Japs out of Korea as early as '37.

As for the whole German peacefulness it seems to be down to just the events getting screwed due to lack of Poland. My advice would be if you really want to fight that war, and you will probably lose due to the additional 11 years of build up its had and with no SU breathing down its neck, you could follow the method with NAT spain and just use Global Manipulation and start the war.

Or load up the SU, release Poland. Break your puppet status and agreements with it and then the events should (hopefully) fire to start WW2.

But thats the best I can do I'm afraid.

Ah fair enough. Cheers for all that it's been really helpful.

An alternative to your (more plausible) scenario where the USSR gets attacked in the event of a German war with Poland is that Stalin asks the Allies for help out of extreme desperateness, which would mean opportunities to intervene for the West and (possibly) ending with an Iron Curtain much further to the East when Germany finally gets beaten. What do you reckon? just some ideas for future events additions etc.

And regarding the global manipulation plan, wouldn't it be necessary for me to be belligerent as well?

The bottom line is I thought the need to WIN the game would prompt AIs into war or at least SOME kind of aggression. I did not expect AI's to just wait to lose like this. As it stands (1947), the Allies are leading Comintern by 100+ victory points, with the Axis (just Germany and Slovakia) trailing behind at 80. For me, that just makes no sense; I'd like to see some changes on that front.

Ah fair enough. Cheers for all that it's been really helpful.

An alternative to your (more plausible) scenario where the USSR gets attacked in the event of a German war with Poland is that Stalin asks the Allies for help out of extreme desperateness, which would mean opportunities to intervene for the West and (possibly) ending with an Iron Curtain much further to the East when Germany finally gets beaten. What do you reckon? just some ideas for future events additions etc.

And regarding the global manipulation plan, wouldn't it be necessary for me to be belligerent as well?

The bottom line is I thought the need to WIN the game would prompt AIs into war or at least SOME kind of aggression. I did not expect AI's to just wait to lose like this. As it stands (1947), the Allies are leading Comintern by 100+ victory points, with the Axis (just Germany and Slovakia) trailing behind at 80. For me, that just makes no sense; I'd like to see some changes on that front.

I do like that scenario but it will have to be on the backburner for a while yet.

Belligerence only measures when it is your target, not your own so you will be fine. Yours will rise though if you go about annexing countries.

Vanilla AI's on hard might be compelled to fight for victory but so many changes have been made it just doesn't happen naturally.

I do like that scenario but it will have to be on the backburner for a while yet.

Belligerence only measures when it is your target, not your own so you will be fine. Yours will rise though if you go about annexing countries.

Vanilla AI's on hard might be compelled to fight for victory but so many changes have been made it just doesn't happen naturally.

oh right. cheers it all makes sense now.

I wish I know how to mod stuff haha then I could put in those events for that scenario!

Your version with the West standing by not intervening (in time anyway) is however more plausible. Of course, another possibility is that the Soviet Union could attack Germany seeing it already has commie Poland as a buffer. With Germany victimised and the USSR as the obvious aggressor, options available to the allies would be vastly different. It might even lead to a joing allied-axis effort in pushing back the Red Tide advancing with no moral/victim justification. What do you think?

Your version with the West standing by not intervening (in time anyway) is however more plausible. Of course, another possibility is that the Soviet Union could attack Germany seeing it already has commie Poland as a buffer. With Germany victimised and the USSR as the obvious aggressor, options available to the allies would be vastly different. It might even lead to a joing allied-axis effort in pushing back the Red Tide advancing with no moral/victim justification. What do you think?

Eh, I honestly don't know. I know that it is a total PoD arguement but it is arguable that the Western Allies would be much more willing allow to just let the two attack each other so long as neither had a significant advantage. I mean if the Soviets are knocking on the gates of Berlin maybe but I'm not sure.

A better angle for this would be if it was a Democratic Germany dealing with this sort of thing but a scenario like that is far, far, far off with regards to this mod. If you want something like that go here. First Alpha build is not out yet beut when it is you could provide some valuable insight.

Eh, I honestly don't know. I know that it is a total PoD arguement but it is arguable that the Western Allies would be much more willing allow to just let the two attack each other so long as neither had a significant advantage. I mean if the Soviets are knocking on the gates of Berlin maybe but I'm not sure.

A better angle for this would be if it was a Democratic Germany dealing with this sort of thing but a scenario like that is far, far, far off with regards to this mod. If you want something like that go here. First Alpha build is not out yet beut when it is you could provide some valuable insight.

go where?

Oh sorry just being an idiot here. Cheers. Is there a way of incorporating new ideas into the existing aar mod though?

Chances are once the updating it is done suggestions will be taken on board but until then the major goal of the next build is just making it compatible with the latest 1.03.

Interesting developments have unfolded since yesterday: I successfully intervened in the Spanish Civil War and couped the USSR - It now exists as a liberal democratic Russia under Kerensky and allied with the West!

Agent Larkin your trick of increasing enemy belligerence through global manipulation worked for Nationalist Spain, but is yet to work for Germany; so the year is 1949 and Europe is STILL at peace! I can attack a belligerent Italy but I prefer to take Germany out first as it is developing nuclear potentials.

What really troubles me is that, two weeks after the USSR collapsed and the New Russia joined the Allies, Egypt, South Africa, Canada, Luxembourg and most importantly FRANCE left the allies! FOR NO REASON! No events, no change of government, nothing!!!!!! Can anyone explain as to WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED there??? HELP!!!!