• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've never had interwar go correctly, with NSDAP coming to power. WW1 is historical, but Hindenburg never becomes head of state, so things never progress. This is the aar-nightly build, is that the correct one to use? or should I use aar-current? Both are pretty old. Pretty sure everything is installing correctly.

How is the official integration of AAR with DH coming along?

As far as I know, I'm the only one working on AAR material, and sadly I've hit my modding abilities limit. AAR isn't dead, it's just Real Life is getting out of hand for everyone.

There's a bunch of research tasks you can help with.

Merging minister files between AAR and DHF.

Adding missing minister files Agent Larkin noted in his conversion of elections events to DHF and/or removing them from AAR if the minister is too ahistoric and replacing them with someone historic.

Internal Discussion on AAR TODO said:
Mandatory:
-All event files we will be keeping need to be updated with new minister/leader/tt ids in DHF database.
-Missing ministers in DHF database need to be added or the minister/leader/tt needs to be replaced with better ones.
-Broken event chains need to be fixed to ensure proper linkage (I know for a fact Italy event chain is broken, some other chains are messed up as well)
-Complete event review is needed, some of the coding is non-optimal/does not contain sufficiently tight/loose triggers. I think for merger, we should work on core modules first, and consider throwing away/not releasing non-core/broken files in 1.04 until we have time to look over it for now.
-Review ai file differences and merge.
-All existing bugs for events we are keeping need to be fixed.
-Consider AAR misc.txt change to blueprints speed (increase in max blueprint bonus to help minors in interwar catch up to 1933/1936 scenario start situation given they need to research tons of land doctrines and air doctrines) and enabling players to trade provinces to other countries even if unaligned (enabled to allow the human player to more easily fix border issues) or alternative ways to resolve those problems.
-Resolve AAR RCW and new DHF 1.03 RCW changes.

Ideal:
-All elections events should be overhauled to the aar documentation standard (*documentation is slightly outdated since Martin says that I should not be using the tag = { } command for different variants of a country and only writing one event, but instead be using a different event for each tag, unless Martin changes some behavior in the engine)
-Improved Economic System (for Modern Day Scenario) used to replace Great Depression event chain OR proper linkage of AAR Great Depression event chain system with that of DHF.
-Include some major events for Australia from AANWFF contribution by OneAussieMan (after revising the events, there are too many minor flavor events which break game design)

Optional:
-All minors events
-All ahitorical events

ok limith, starting light, tell me what i need to do

Not that I'm trying to steal you from Limith, but my AST mod is doomed to miss out on making its way into AAR/DHF if I don't get some serious help with it. If you know how to code and "stuff" please help me out if Limith doesn't have anything for pressing in mind?

NEW REVELATION! I think only Moxs knew, but I'll be back and working on AST very soon! The book series I was using are owned by the library and are/were 'reference only' therefore I could not borrow them. The said library has closed for demolition and rebuild for at least two years... The beautiful part is, I have found the said book series and have paid $200 so I will own them and will be able to work on AST/AAR/RDD anytime I like (very soon)

Hope all is going as well for everyone else as it is for me right now!

This is probably a stupid question, but if when I try to start up a game (i.e. as Russia, though it's any state), it gives me some error about Senussi, what is the most likely cause of that? I can ignore it and the game seems to run fine, but.

I don't though if this has changed in the mod or ought but playing as Poland i won the war against the USSR, got all my claims + an independent Ukraine. However as far as i'm aware there is also an event to puppet Lithuania or something? only its been about 2-3 years and i haven't had any event appear? Have a missed something out? or.. ?

This is probably a stupid question, but if when I try to start up a game (i.e. as Russia, though it's any state), it gives me some error about Senussi, what is the most likely cause of that? I can ignore it and the game seems to run fine, but.

This is a 'Nightly' version only. Which means it's only an alpha version. There won't be a new one until the next official release (I believe)

WOOT! New AST news! So I've got me a man searching out pictures for all my events. Although my written events as such haven't progressed since my last update I am working on Scenario Descriptions and have one for 1939 done. (It's harder than I though trying to describe your country in a paragraph or 2 from the era) I have a full list of all RAN vessels which I will add to unit names (still compiling) and Army unit names also, (finished compiling) Working on RAAF and tech teams next before implementing them :) all is going well! *Still, AAR/AST could do with more support guys. Please help us out.

What are the main things and new features that this mod brings to DH?

This links 1914 and 1933 scenarios. No breaks, you get to play all the years from 1914-1963. How cool is that!? And there's wayyyyy more events to.

Just updated 'unitnames.csv' 185 new DD, 28 CL, 28 CA, 19 BC, 19 BB, 37 CV, 94 TP, 20 SS. And well over 150 Land unit names as well. This now includes every ship that has ever been built or requisitioned by the RAN for military use. I took the names of air-sea rescue ships for use on the carriers 'HMAS Air Mist' 'HMAS Air Sprite' and many others. If you can exceed all these names then you must be cheating somehow ;)