• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@ Burning re savegames: Kk, thanks - I will look forward to some save-games (my pc is also a bit ... temperamental and old, so some ready-made saves would be very welcome :)).

Burning: CONGRATULATIONS on your Mod!
Did you do this yourself, or have you a team. No mention of a team on page 1?

Would you believe, I've never played the WW1 scenario in DH, thinking what's the point if both enemies are sitting pretty in trenches for most of the war?
.. but your mod, gives me the inclination..

:) thanks!

Well, basically this has been a one man show until recently. Over the past few months, a few contributos, like sargeras, limith, el'que(who we owe the aar-history scenario to!) and Tipsy3000(wo did a lot of bug reporting, especially in AARs early days), have added to AAR, which I'm very thankful for.

Since Christmas, handful of brave souls (pashalietis, pirro and strits1945) has volunteered to help in advancing the mod further, by adding new leaders/ministers and election events. Pirro has offered to tie a possible ahistorical link to alternative WW2 scenarios like the Kaiserreich mod.

I hope more people will hop into the AAR-boat, especially when it comes to long-term development - it's lonely around here :).
Especially someone with graphical skills, event scripters and people who know the interwar austrian/german/italian/spanish politics very well, and would like to design some event lines for these nations.

Last edited:
Is there a recommended difficulty/aggressiveness for this mod? I got DH and I'm not sure which options are recommended.

Played to the mid 20s with Italy, allying with Austria a bit in in the World War. Found some bugs which are ticketed under Kung Zog. Enjoy.

And, awesome mod. Truly inspiring.

Played to the mid 20s with Italy, allying with Austria a bit in in the World War. Found some bugs which are ticketed under Kung Zog. Enjoy.

And, awesome mod. Truly inspiring.

Thx! I just read your bugreports, and i guess it's easier to just ask the one question concerning all of them:
The restarting of wars is desired, there are special events to keep the civil wars going. But how much excess belligerence do the fractions gain after each DOW/peace cycle? I think the belligerence adjustment needs tuning. Did you notice side effects to high level of belligerence?

Is there a recommended difficulty/aggressiveness for this mod? I got DH and I'm not sure which options are recommended.
normal
Jep, i usually also play on normal/normal, but the mod should also work well with most difficulty settings.
Just be cautious about aggressiveness levels, changing them too much might result in strange situations.

Last edited:
July 1927

Archangelsk: 204
The Volunteers Army: 135
UFO: 342

Shanxi: 72
Guangxi: 33

I think the Russian Civil war should never know peace, war until annihilation for either part. Regarding side effects, none really. More than I, as a democracy could go to war at any time. Germany attacked Soviet too in 1926, but soviet had 0 belligerence, so it's probably not related.

I had the same endless RCW lol in my German game. War raged on until 1930!

great :), just as i wanted it to be. this allows a great base to add all the civil war intervention events!
Also, i've just stared thinking about implementing a dynamic resource system - i hat it that there are so many useless provinces in the game. Does anyone know if we can somehow count provinces? Thus, a nation with 100 provinces should have a easier time finding new resources than a nation with 10 provinces. It would also make the conquest of low-infrastructure/IC regions, like the pacific islands, worthwhile.

Last edited:
I made my post asking about difficulties because, playing as France on normal/normal, I thought it was too easy. I broke through the German lines in the north and south quickly, and was encircling them pretty well, pushing them back into the Ruhr area, with other troops nearing Dresden.

Then the Germans finished off Russia, got their peace (delayed a bit by British amphibious assaults in the Baltic states) and returned their Eastern army to the West and launched the best strategic counterattack I've ever seen the AI do. Right before my encirclement of their entire Western army was complete, they hit me on my entire front, bringing up Austrian troops from the south to encircle my encirclement all the way to Metz before I barely escaped. I barely got my army out only losing 9 divisions, but almost lost 30+ in the retreat. Now World War I in earnest begins, with the lines stabilizing a little bit past the initial start of the war on the German side of the border. Neither of us can advance. Hopefully my research into tanks will help me break through.

great :), just as i wanted it to be. this allows a great base to add all the civil war intervention events!
Also, i've just stared thinking about implementing a dynamic resource system - i hat it that there are so many useless provinces in the game. Does anyone know if we can somehow count provinces? Thus, a nation with 100 provinces should have a easier time finding new resources than a nation with 10 provinces. It would also make the conquest of low-infrastructure/IC regions, like the pacific islands, worthwhile.

A Pseudo-code for dynamic expansion I thought of a while back. It would be essentially repeated for industries exiting a market with a different action = { } for each province based on a resource type. This is based on the assumption of perfect competition and that if there is a resource shortfall, the value of a good goes up therefore firms will enter a market. Expansion rates can be controlled by adding randoms or increasing offsets. The idea is that each province owned will have a random = <value> so a country with 100 provinces will inherently have a higher chance of one of the triggers returning true (this is loosely based off my communist agitation event). I never had the time to research and complete this, but it is a nice mini-mod idea if anyone wants to work on it. They don't even need modding experience since I included snippets that can be copied+pasted.
Code:
# Dynamic Resource Allocation Script by Limith
# For Code Geass DH Total Conversion

# Resource Expansion
event = {
	id = 2000
	random = no
	persistent = yes
	one_action = yes

trigger = {
		random = 25
		or = {
			and = {
				resource_shortage = oil
			}
			and = {
				resource_shortage = energy
			}				
			and = {
				resource_shortage = metal
			}
			and = {
				resource_shortage = rare_materials
				not = {
					or = {
						and = {
							rare_materials = 50
							ic = 5
						}
						and = {
							rare_materials = 400
							ic = 25
						}
						and = {
							rare_materials = 650
							ic = 45
						}
						and = {
							rare_materials = 800
							ic = 60
						}
						and = {
							rare_materials = 1000
							ic = 80
						}
						and = {
							rare_materials = 1500
							ic = 100
						}
					}
				}
				or = {
					and = {
					control = { province = 1086 }
					not = { flag = 1086_RE } #Esfahan
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
	date = { day = 0 month = 0 year = 1930 }
	offset = 2									
	deathdate = { day = 0 month = 0 year = 1970 }

name = "Resource Expansion"
	desc = "The current lack of strategic resources had resulted in a large price jump in the private market, with wealthy investors stepping in to increase our national production."
	picture = "resources"
	style = 2

action = {
		trigger = {
			resource_shortage = oil
			or = {
			}
		}
	}

action = {
		trigger = {
			resource_shortage = energy
			or = {
			}
		}
	}

action = {
		trigger = {
			resource_shortage = metal
			or = {
			}
		}
	}

#Esfahan
	action = {
		trigger = {
			resource_shortage = rare_materials
			not = {
				or = {
					and = {
						rare_materials = 50
						ic = 5
					}
					and = {
						rare_materials = 400
						ic = 25
					}
					and = {
						rare_materials = 650
						ic = 45
					}
					and = {
						rare_materials = 800
						ic = 60
					}
					and = {
						rare_materials = 1000
						ic = 80
					}
					and = {
						rare_materials = 1500
						ic = 100
					}
				}
			}
			and = {
				control = { province = 1086 }
				not = { flag = 1086_RE} #Esfahan
			}
		}
		name = "Our Rare Metal Industry has expanded"
		command = { trigger = {	and = {	control = { province = 1086 } not = { flag = 1086_RE} } } type = add_prov_resource which = 1086 value = 2 where = rare_materials } #Esfahan
		command = { trigger = {	and = {	control = { province = 1086 } not = { flag = 1086_RE} } } type = setflag which = 1086_RE } #Esfahan
	}
}

@ Burning: I have some re-updated files based off the current latest released version which integrates CCIP changes, do you want them? It'd be good to merge them into the official version so I don't need to reupdate them if you change the files (world_names.csv, revolt.txt, and country.csv).

I'm not sure if I will finish a release by 1/1/2012 anymore, but I'll try. I had a killer headache today staring at the computer screen. I'll be visiting my mom's in MA from the 5th to 12th though with nothing else to do but mod, so there should be a release soon regardless if I delay it or not, I've been trying to quash a bug with events not firing (well...they don't fire in offhand games anyway when not explicitly triggered).

Last edited:
Hey B and L I am playing a Mod (not AAR) game as Ger and just got to Jan 1936. The mod is running very well now. Mussolini showed up just fine and Hitler I was able to get kinda on time. Before you needed to wait until 1933 to go Fascist and get Hitler or it messed up Ger sticking as Fascist but no Hitler. So I did not know if this is still true or not so I kept putting off going Fascist until after 1933 but since the way that the events fire, Right moves one or Authoritarian moves one, I ended up not getting Hitler until 1934. Anyone have feedback on this kinda minor issue? Another slightly minor annoyance is that I am stuck giving the French 20 money a turn until 1938. I cannot cancel the trade deal. I suspect it has something to do with reparations. After Hitler shows up I do not think anymore reparations payments were happening in real life. Just my two cents. As soon as Limith gets the latest CCIP stuff put in I think we will be pretty close to having a real nice mod which does deserve all the votes it got. Keep up the great work guys. I await your goodies when you have them for testing L.
d

Started playing a Republic of China game for the latest AAR, it seems like there are 2 copies of the Baoding Military School tech team, one with skill 1 and one with skill 2

Hey all. I just got to 1936 as Ger and the mod is playing very well. Mussolini came up on time and the Hitler events fired ok. The invasion of Manchuria worked very well also. I do have a question about the Hitler events though. Before if you went Fascist before 1933 the Hitler events did not work right and you were without Hitler and the Anschluss and Munich, oh and Molotov. So the events leading to a Fascist Ger go Right wing move one to the right, then Authoritarian move one to the right. So since I was waiting for 1933 to come the move Right wing fired right after 1933 got here and the move Authoritarian did not come until 1934 so Hitler and his regime were a little late. My question is this. Does anyone know if you still have to wait until 1933 to go Fascist because of the event problem? I can experiment with it of course but, if anyone knows could you please tell me to save time. Thanks.

L I am ready when you are to test the new CCIP stuff. It is gonna be great.

Sorry for the sorta double post but the one above was not on my pc when I checked. I posted it last night before going to sleep and this one this morning.
d

Last edited:
The Germans beat the crap out of the Russians and kicked them out of the war by 1916. They then launched a massive offensive on the Western Front which has become an utter mess. Paris changes hands every few months

Don't mind my manpower......

ScreenSave0-1.jpg

Hey B the problem with the 20 free money going to France was a real problem since there seems to be no way to cancel it. So Ger has no money until Nov 1938. Also Anshluss and Munich do not fire at all. The problem seems to be the Nazi Coup in Austria never fires which messes up all of the subsequent events. Another bit of a problem seems to be that the Sovs have over 300 divs in 1941 when a Barbarossa might be tried but since the Ger had 63 divs of which 4 are Panzer I decided not to. Later in 42 the sovs dow me and that is the end of the war. You remember that Ger starts the DH 1936 with 78 divs and can then build on that. They are not mobilized and have low strengths but that problem goes away with mobilization. I will go back to earlier in that game and run the Italians and see how the Ger AI does. One problem is that you cannot build those divs with only 33 strength during peace time. That would help a little. I forgot to check how China was going after 37. I was a little busy. I will let you know how it goes. Can anyone else verify the problem with the Anschluss and Munich? What about the free money to France until Nov. 1938? Thanks everyone.
d

what are some of the ahistorical options? im rather...satisfied with fighting ww2...

First of all, Burning, that looks like an amazing mod, i really need to install DH again.

Regarding alternate history options, a successful Beer Hall Putsch in 1922 (?) could result in quite a different WWII, which would either start way sooner (or on time with a heavy heavy german lopsided start, considering the build up time), which would have drastic effects. Imagine a Hitler-Mussolini pact early on. They'd be partners on the same level. Since no "mein Kampf" would be published, could this germany be more back to the old monarchic situation than the totalitarian state in original timeline? It'd also be very interesting to see a take on a successful beer hall putsch with the 1923 hyper inflation (or alternative ruhr occupation, since i guess germany would still default on those horrible payments) around the corner... Maybe a quick french vs germany war (occupy ALL of germany!!!111), quickly spiralling out of control? Early Anschluss on much friendlier terms, or yet another reason for an early WWII?

The possibilities are endless :)

Or envision an early downfall of the Weimar Republic (like a successful Red Bavarian breakaway?)? You could have Germany falling into 2-3 pieces, with some power unifying germany and leading it to a revanche war vs the entente?

OR think of a surviving Weimar Germany (or peaceful splintered Germany) allied with the entente vs a RED MONSTER SU (allied with Bavarian Räterepublik?)?

Or a different WW1 peace plan (Wilsons 14 points anyone? may lead to Weimar + Entente vs Red Monster in the east), especially in regard to an eventual annexation of Austria into Weimar(or Fascist/communist) germany. A 14 point plan like wilsons may allow an early Annexation, while versailles explicitly did not allow for such a thing.

Or a Weimar Republic succumbing not to Fascists but Communists (and allying with SU forming a really nasty alliance) vs the rest of the world,

Or a failed October Revolution but successful red revolution in Weimar leading to a familiar but yet again completely different WWII?

Or batshit crazy thought like a WWI stalemate where no sides wins and GErmany + France succumb to reds and form an alliance vs the capitalist fucktards all around them?

The possibilities are endless, AND cool.

Oh, what about a surviving Weimar that seeks revenge later in the form of attacking Poland to get their link to East Prussia back, as a familiar but yet again completely different cause for WWII?

Or hell, the US succumbing to communism in a way way worse Big Depression? With democratic and capitalist Western/Central Europe vs evöl US-SSR and USSR...

Or victorious CPs, with another World War (or regional war) upon the break up or Austria Hungary (with the possibility that Austria SOMEHOW keeps it together)...

Also different times of winning a WWI could result in different peace treaties (the longer the more severe).

:D

Last edited: