• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Immortal88

Major
100 Badges
Sep 25, 2012
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • War of the Roses
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Prison Architect
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
I've played like 100+ hours just in the last two weeks and I can't recall that it ever happened to my wife or my concubines. I remember this happened quite frequently to me when I was playing regularly like 1 year ago. Are the pregnancy event buffs perhaps a bit too generous with health etc.?

What are your experiences?

I've played like 100+ hours just in the last two weeks and I can't recall that it ever happened to my wife or my concubines. I remember this happened quite frequently to me when I was playing regularly like 1 year ago. Are the pregnancy event buffs perhaps a bit too generous with health etc.?

What are your experiences?

No, in vanilla death on childbirth is set to 0 in the defines (was 0.15 or 15% before). I don't know how it is now, but on previous version (recent ones) there was a bug while setting this define to > 0.

No, in vanilla death on childbirth is set to 0 in the defines (was 0.15 or 15% before). I don't know how it is now, but on previous version (recent ones) there was a bug while setting this define to > 0.
So you are saying it used to be around 15% probability but it was disabled because it caused a bug instead of actually fixing the bug? That's horrible, I hope the bug gets fixed eventually.

It has been changed so that instead of being a random number controlled by defines it is now an possible outcome from the birth event chains. :)

I myself have cheerfully bred multiple women to death with excessive use of the Seduction focus.

(They were bearers of rare and powerful bloodlines, so it was totally reasonable and justified.)

So you are saying it used to be around 15% probability but it was disabled because it caused a bug instead of actually fixing the bug? That's horrible, I hope the bug gets fixed eventually.

No, I am not implying the define was disabled because it caused the bug. I could not say that. But yes, you are right on the 15% probability before HF, as far as I know.
I think Paradox coded some more flavour pregnancy events and judged this define to be unnecessary any more.

I don't recall seeing it recently, but AFAIK it still happens. In my experience it was always fairly rare in CKII, whereas it happened a lot in CKI.

Also, I've noticed in CKII that at least sometimes you'll get a popup saying that a female character died in childbirth, but if you clicked on her portrait, it will say that she died of pneumonia. I believe these characters actually did die in childbirth, not of pneumonia.