• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stating opinions as fact are really bad for discussion.

...which is exactly what you are doing.

But am I wrong?

Diplo is objectively the best group in the selection. It offers strong modifiers for every type of campaign.
Espi is similar, but tilted towards early high dev expansion and late game expansion

Influence is only good for vassal gameplay

Maritime is good for colonisers or naval trade focussed nations
Trade is the same but is more economy/land trade foucssed

Court offers nothing major early game and nothing major late game

Explo has been completely invalidated by the new estate privileges and is there only to take the frst idea to try and spawn colonialism. After 1500 you drop it.

Reactions:
I think its great for those who are doing emperor of China reforms, otherwise its very weak. Maybe as a third idea group for Austria, after diplo is taken as a first diplo slot. Reform progress is pretty good, but otherwise a lot of these reforms are filler.

The main reason to take Court is for the -5% CCR. The estate stuff is useable but there's really no reason to take it before other groups, and by the time you have open slots for it, estates are pretty irrelevant.

Maritime is another one that is useless in many use cases, but can be pretty powerful in the right situation (how does -25% CCR in all coastal provinces sound?)
What is this in reference to?

+20% reform growth is good but its a bonus you'd want to take early game and other diplo ideas compete so hard with that. Everything else is mediocre and ignorable.

Reactions:
I took them in my TTM campaign almost entirely for the 5% CCR and 5% warscore cost vs other religions policies. The rest of the bonuses were fine enough, nice to have, nothing that really blew me away, but that was kind of how I felt about the alternatives at that point as well (I took Court as my 5th idea group so I already had the important world conquest ideas and nothing else seemed that important to me)

The main reason to take Court is for the -5% CCR. The estate stuff is useable but there's really no reason to take it before other groups, and by the time you have open slots for it, estates are pretty irrelevant.
The benefits of estates don't disapear. They can be other options for big empires, but estates are stil useful. And if one start a game as a minor in later start date, or still struggle and still small, then estates is good.

Last edited:
What is this in reference to?
With one of the last updates, if you take Maritime ideas, you can now get a tier 1 reform that reduces coring costs on coastal provinces.

It's a tier 1 reform though, so it clashes with many primary reforms of other countries.

1711615495870.png

• 1Like
Reactions: