Anyone else frustrated about current PvP metagame?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Only because you can do something, doesn't mean you have to.

Its a fight to the end, if its not a bug/glitch then it should be used. No point of making house rules in a game when everything in it was designed by humans and can be easly changed. Spaming should be removed and thats all and saying that it should not be used is just a poor excuse.

Its a fight to the end, if its not a bug/glitch then it should be used. No point of making house rules in a game when everything in it was designed by humans and can be easly changed. Spaming should be removed and thats all and saying that it should not be used is just a poor excuse.

Well, that's nice and dandy, just how do you propose they remove it without destroying the overall balance of the game?

There are four types of players
-Initiate:
Don't know the game enough to play PvP in any competitive level or get frustrated because they beam fail. (against SAFE or SARE)
-Novice:
Know all the basic wards, fqfqasa, rqaser, 5d and 4rq+d but fail to see anything else.
-Adept:
Have learned to counter almost all tactics and react to enemy tactics with right counter.
-Magus:
Knows game magic system well enough and knows psychology enough to never use same spell twice in row to keep enemy wards out of date. Completely reactionary play and keeps trying all the things that has not been tried.

Sadly most of the players are total novices and game can be won way too easy. And as result we get people who think there is no other counter for any all of the spams. I am not going to hand it to you on silver plate but I assure you... I have yet to discover tactic that I cannot break.

Sadly most of the players are total novices and game can be won way too easy. And as result we get people who think there is no other counter for any all of the spams. I am not going to hand it to you on silver plate but I assure you... I have yet to discover tactic that I cannot break.

Never said you couldn't. It's just inconvenient. And even harder for newbies, so they resort to the same tactics. And it is pretty boring to do the same thing over and over again against a dude who only spams DS or DR.

But this problem only seems to exist in 4 free for alls. Never experienced it in 1v1 or 2v2 without it being very easy to counter. In the insanity of a 1v1v1v1 with respawns it is too chaotic to do anything about spammers.

There are four types of players
-Initiate:
Don't know the game enough to play PvP in any competitive level or get frustrated because they beam fail. (against SAFE or SARE)
-Novice:
Know all the basic wards, fqfqasa, rqaser, 5d and 4rq+d but fail to see anything else.
-Adept:
Have learned to counter almost all tactics and react to enemy tactics with right counter.
-Magus:
Knows game magic system well enough and knows psychology enough to never use same spell twice in row to keep enemy wards out of date. Completely reactionary play and keeps trying all the things that has not been tried.

Too bad you are one off the few who are actually an adept (magus?) right now and the rest of us noobs have to suffer in ignorance as you dont want to - for some bizarre reason, as stated in other post - enlighten us and say something about your uber tactics.

Well, that's nice and dandy, just how do you propose they remove it without destroying the overall balance of the game?

Easy, every element have 5 charges (5 because spells are made of max 5 elements) and charges regenerate one charge for every couple of seconds (time of E shield wearing off, so you can virtually keep it on all time without spending more than one charge). No spaming and game becomes actually all about strategy and less about dexterity.

Easy, every element have 5 charges (5 because spells are made of max 5 elements) and charges regenerate one charge for every couple of seconds (time of E shield wearing off, so you can virtually keep it on all time without spending more than one charge). No spaming and game becomes actually all about strategy and less about dexterity.

Well if you can use e only once every 4 seconds (is that how long it's on?) someone can use 2 different elements in rapid sequence to kill you, because you can't renew your wards. And that can't be your intention.

Too bad you are one off the few who are actually an adept (magus?) right now and the rest of us noobs have to suffer in ignorance as you dont want to - for some bizarre reason, as stated in other post - enlighten us and say something about your uber tactics.
Sorry mate but there is lot of people out there who can play the game. I am just one in few of them who bothers to post on forums and making sure that devs see the side of reason instead of dumbing the game down just because lack of experience in my peers. Spamers right now are just no challenge to me and those who spam against me just need to learn the hard way that it won't work. Those games are boring but when I find an opponent with some skill I am damn happy. And just FYI, there are no "uber tactics" but just enough experience and learning the game mechanics to deal with most PvP scenarios.

Well if you can use e only once every 4 seconds (is that how long it's on?) someone can use 2 different elements in rapid sequence to kill you, because you can't renew your wards. And that can't be your intention.

No, you can use E 5 times in rapid succesion before you lose all of your charges. Then you have to wait for atleast one charge to regenarate. If one player spams D and the other spams E (stones destroy shields), assuming both are the same, they will be able to spam those spells indefinitely.

No, you can use E 5 times in rapid succesion before you lose all of your charges. Then you have to wait for atleast one charge to regenarate. If one player spams D and the other spams E (stones destroy shields), assuming both are the same, they will be able to spam those spells indefinitely.

Which won't solve the spamming problem ;)

Noooooooooooooooo, I said that just to ilustrate. Obviously having only 5 charges with 5 sec regeneration would make spamming impossible - after 5 "spams" you would need to change your tactic.

Well in this case the spammer can still change to ice spamming after rock spamming and the defender can't use enough shields to protect himself. So you practically help the spammer.