• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
I have to agree with the disappointed posters here...

The game is a failure in many respects. But the most unbelievable is the antiquated interface.... The awful load times for 3D ports has been remedied and that is good.. but there are so many other things...
Why cant you have a button to sell ALL the stuff on your ship/ships.. Why do you have to individually select each item on each ship to sell it in batches of 10 or even of 1 ?
Do the developers and testers think we enjoy the micro management and the hundreds of clicks and the endless dragging and dropping?
Where do you see which of your trade routes are more profitable ? Why cant you speed up the combats ?

The game has just CTDed and that about ends it for me... Until the interface is significantly improved this game is just an inconvenience to play.

Hi there.
I've been playing this game for 2 hours now.
You can sell all of a specific good by pressing SHIFT en then put it in trading thingy.

Why can't you speed up the combats?
You can start a battle without the whole ''scene''.
Just automaticly.

You CAN sell all the stuff on your ship by draggin the "sell all" icon to Trading post (the icon looks like a wooden crate). You can see the profit you get from a trading route when the ship goes to homeport and sells the item's. It's displayed as a green text over your port in the map view. The game is all about economy management, so you need to pay attention to price development and to the demand of certain products as well.

On drag&drop items:

Drag = move one unit.

CTRL drag / RMB drag = move ten units.

Shift drag / both LMB+RMB drag = move all possible units (be it money, cargo space or units available.

To check MTI price development, open Game Info and then the correspoding tab. Select Tea for example. You can see current value (=what you will get when selling) at your Home Port and current price (=what you must pay when buying) for each port producing tea.

Sorry but that does not cut it

when you have a fleet of ships you still have to go through the pain of each ship individually (sell or buy)

when repairing ships its even worse... you ve got to hire crew and repair sails + guns + hull + buy ammo... that 5 clicks at least for each of 5 ships... Come on ! What about a "repair all" button ?

As for the automatically resolve combat option it is a complete disaster... Most of the time it ends up in your whole fleet being wiped out... Its particularly absurd when you have 5 fast ships attack by a large slow one.. If you take control you just run away and save the 5 ships (but waste a lot of your own time).. If you "auto resolve" you will likely lose the 5 ships...How about a "flee auto resolve option" guys ?

Also never saw any ships being captured in the auto resolve mode... Its always ends with one of the sides being completely wiped out (usually your side)... That's just not very historical.

It seems amazing that the testers did not notice these issues ?

when you have a fleet of ships you still have to go through the pain of each ship individually (sell or buy)

when repairing ships its even worse... you ve got to hire crew and repair sails + guns + hull + buy ammo... that 5 clicks at least for each of 5 ships... Come on ! What about a "repair all" button ?

As for the automatically resolve combat option it is a complete disaster... Most of the time it ends up in your whole fleet being wiped out... Its particularly absurd when you have 5 fast ships attack by a large slow one.. If you take control you just run away and save the 5 ships (but waste a lot of your own time).. If you "auto resolve" you will likely lose the 5 ships...How about a "flee auto resolve option" guys ?

Also never saw any ships being captured in the auto resolve mode... Its always ends with one of the sides being completely wiped out (usually your side)... That's just not very historical.

Ahem... At least closed beta testers did notice the effort needed for constant trading procedures. I'm sure the devs have been aware about the amount of clicks required in manual trading (and 3D port loading times as well). One problem is that after developing a routine, some usability issues seem to diminish, albeit not disappear. I suppose they focused on more important tasks such as developing robust campaign AI and time ran out to streamline the UI to be more novice friendly. At the end of the day I found the UI still usable and, as shown above, learning shortcuts makes trading a tad easier.

I have to second eikka's comments there were pages and pages of enhancement requests during the closed beta. The sad thing is that most of those request echo a vast majority of the complaints/comments registered in the various topic of this forum since the games release.

I would like to believe there was just not enough time and/or money available to implement such a volume of changes prior to the release.

Greg.