Announcement for the Project:New World mod for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you! I really need to gauge your opinion about which region to do.

Last edited:
Fulmen(1, 2, and 3) and tuore(2): They are Hanko and Porkkala. Suursaari is to be included as a zoomed province. Also, Repola and Porajarvi should be included, but the green and red areas that were ceded to the Soviets as part of Petsamo is way too small for a province. The microstates (as zoomed provinces) is where I draw the line.

Alright, great. :) Suursaari should probably be a "Gibraltar-like" province.

Progress image time!!!!!!

progress7.png

Like I said, I added Drenthe, French Flanders, the Pas-de-Calais and also Hungary, too.

And another thing, I made blueprint provinces for the Rheinland, Saar, and Alsace-Lorraine, so the final two could be added (blueprints just make my life easy).

So more on the way soon.

P.S.: I seriously need an E3-friendly map of Imperial Germany's subdivisions. I would thank you if you all can find one.

P.S.S.: Can you also teach me how to make island zoomed provinces, because I intend to include provinces in Suursaari and Leyte(a crucial battlefield within a crucial battlefield)

Last edited:
This may be nitpicking, but is it just me or is Alsace-Lorraine, especially Alsace a bit too large?

Alsace is a blueprint province and would be divided into 4 provinces in the coming progress image posts ahead.

P.S.: I seriously need an E3-friendly map of Imperial Germany's subdivisions. I would thank you if you all can find one.

The Maas (Meusse) as Germany's western border (from Holland untill where the meuse turns west, see added pic) I think the E3 polish border strip is good, maybe you can make more provinces in there but the border to the east is good. And a Germany wich abosrbed the courland suwalki also sounds realistic (at least better then the whole baltic) from sulwalki it wil crossing lithuania going to a river called Aa.
here is a attachment of the idea's.

banananan.bmp

P.S.S.: Can you also teach me how to make island zoomed provinces, because I intend to include provinces in Suursaari and Leyte(a crucial battlefield within a crucial battlefield)

You just draw the island in its real size on the map, then just create a small box next to it as the zoomed version. When placing the ids, make both the same color so you can click either one.

The Maas (Meusse) as Germany's western border (from Holland untill where the meuse turns west, see added pic) I think the E3 polish border strip is good, maybe you can make more provinces in there but the border to the east is good. And a Germany wich abosrbed the courland suwalki also sounds realistic (at least better then the whole baltic) from sulwalki it wil crossing lithuania going to a river called Aa.
here is a attachment of the idea's.

View attachment 29393

Thanks, but I really need a map of Imperial Germany's subdivisions, because I wanted to base all of Germany's provinces on things like Baden, Wurttenburg, Oldenburg, Sigmaringen etc. So if you can find one that fits the same projection as E3/DH, I would at least get started on that.

EDIT: I now have a map, then warped and twisted it on Photoshop, so now I have a working map of Imperial Germany to some extent.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, but it's time for

"Progress Image Posting"

progress8.png

progress9.png

progress10.png

More next week.

Do you really think it's worth the effort rebuilding the ENTIRE map? I mean, DH already seems to have a very good map. I would've thought you'd just improve it here and there. Making the whole map again is going to take a looooooooong time and a LOT of effort.

Replies:

JRHINDO: By the southern LA islands, you mean the Californian Channel Islands. Either way, they are going to be included.
Fulmen: I think that the procedure would be that I would send the map images to ewphoenix123 to graft my map with the normal map, but the image that I'm sending out to him would be the finished Continent/region.
As for the whole half-core thing, this would be a stupendous idea, even though I don't have the knowledge to mod the system itself to do that.
Beleg32: I think I might have over-done the provinces in Brittany, Wurttemburg, and the Rhineland. I was thinking of removing the provinces of Düren, Redon and Tuttlingen, and merging them with their respecting neighbor provinces (Bonn, Rennes, and Tübingen respectively).
ALL OF YOU: Thanks!

Alright, we know this day as always (Hint: It has something to do with images)

progress11.png

progress12.png

I was going to do the entire West Germany by the end of the month, but I think I might have shifted priorities to Iberia. In Spain, I mostly relied on provincial and comarca boundaries.

See you next time!

P.S.: As some of those provinces in Spain are too large, can you find ways to divide them?
P.S.S.: Also, I forgot to name some of those provinces or finish them (identified by blank spaces). As for those that I have finished (4 in Spain, 2 in Hesse, and 1 in Waldeck-Pyrmont), can you find some suitable names for them?

Last edited: