• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wish, that people who are angry at the bus stop, this stop quickly left. How do I change it?

LOL! You want to put the dust under the carpet?
You can remove the stop from the line route and then put it again. Everybody will leave the station. But soon the angry faces will appear again since you did not solve the problem. You need to threat the cause not the consequence.
Maybe someone can make a mod where you hire mafia guys to shoot angry passengers! :D

I think he meant that when peopla get angry, they go away fromt he stop, but the red face in the stop stay there for a while, even if all the other people get on the bus and one single people is still walking away..
So I think he's asking if there is a way to say "OK, 10 seconds ago there was an angry person, but now he's gone.. Put back my green/yellow face on the stop!"

Here's what I think he's getting at (and Ian80 can correct me if I'm wrong):

Currently in the game, people waiting at stops for a long period of time get increasingly unhappy (Green => Yellow => Orange => Red). Once they reach "Red," they stay at the stop for a certain period of time, and if a vehicle still doesn't arrive, they give up and leave.

Ian wants to know if he can reduce the amount of time between the point a passenger reaches "Red Face" and the point where he gives up and leaves the stop. For example, if it currently takes 20 seconds for a "Red Face" to decide to abandon the stop altogether, Ian would like to reduce that to 15, or 10, or 5, or even zero seconds (depending on his preferences).

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, although I do agree with the sentiment of douglasrac that you wouldn't really be solving the actual problem, just hiding it behind higher passenger turnover rates.

Here's what I think he's getting at (and Ian80 can correct me if I'm wrong):
if it currently takes 20 seconds for a "Red Face" to decide to abandon the stop altogether, Ian would like to reduce that to 15, or 10, or 5, or even zero seconds (depending on his preferences).

Exactly. I want to reduce to 2 sec. Is it possible in any file x.script in game?.

Edit.
Game is very easy for me, so I decide to make it more harder. I created Change Price Mod.
But it was not enough for me so I used this thread and i changed
Code:
// time in seconds after the citizen can move again
$grid.citizens.minCycleDuration = 300;
$grid.citizens.maxCycleDuration = 600;
to min=600, max=1200.
Also i changed from this post my economy.script in game to
Code:
$num = MAIN.$grid.citizens.count;
  if ($num == 0) $num = $grid.citizens.getHomeCount();
  if ($num < 17700) {
    $grid.citizens.carMultiplier = clamp(500.0 / max(1.0, $num - 22550.0) + 1.0, 0.0, 1.0) * MAIN.$campaign.$campaign.$privateCars * 0.01;
  } else {
    $grid.citizens.carMultiplier = clamp(9000.0 / max(1.0, $num - 1300.0) + 0.6, 0.0, 1.0) * MAIN.$campaign.$campaign.$privateCars * 0.01;
Big THX for that.

Now I want to change waiting time angry people who stay at stops. No bus(etc.) -no people - no ticket - no money (hehe).

Last edited:
Well if it's to make the game harder I'm up with it.
But I'm not sure if it will actually make it harder. If you make, for example, that when people reach red face they immediately leave the station, the station won't be red, so your reputation won't be hurt as much as it would be.

Unfortunately I do not know how can you do this.

Maybe other solutions can work out for you, like:
- people with angry faces do not pay for the ticket. People with orange faces pay half. People with yellow faces pay 2/3.
- people with angry faces instead of paying actually get money from you. Like a compensation from the company. They not only do not pay a ticket but get the same amount of money back :)

If this is possible I would like to see a mod doing this. The game really gets boring when you have a lot of money.

What is "time in seconds after the citizen can move again"?

Game is very easy for me, so I decide to make it more harder. I created Change Price Mod.
But it was not enough for me so I used this thread and i changed
Code:
// time in seconds after the citizen can move again
$grid.citizens.minCycleDuration = 300;
$grid.citizens.maxCycleDuration = 600;
to min=600, max=1200.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't increasing those values make the game easier, because citizen movements are less frequent? So instead of being able to move again after 300 seconds, now they have to wait at least 600 seconds and move within 1200.

@douglasrac: "time in seconds after the citizen can move again" is how long the passenger has to wait from the moment he arrives at his destination until he can take another journey.

@slornie: Less citizen movement is less costumers = Less money goes to your company. But, Less citizen movement = Less traffic jams. So it is hard to tell if it becomes easier or harder. You need to play to see that.

Well if it's to make the game harder I'm up with it.
But I'm not sure if it will actually make it harder. If you make, for example, that when people reach red face they immediately leave the station, the station won't be red, so your reputation won't be hurt as much as it would be.
I have not think about it.:mellow:
Maybe shorten the time to get red face?

Maybe other solutions can work out for you, like:
- people with angry faces do not pay for the ticket. People with orange faces pay half. People with yellow faces pay 2/3.
- people with angry faces instead of paying actually get money from you. Like a compensation from the company. They not only do not pay a ticket but get the same amount of money back :)
If this is possible I would like to see a mod doing this.
Great idea.

The game really gets boring when you have a lot of money.
This is what I mean. ;)

What is "time in seconds after the citizen can move again"?
@douglasrac: "time in seconds after the citizen can move again" is how long the passenger has to wait from the moment he arrives at his destination until he can take another journey.
Exactly.

@slornie: Less citizen movement is less costumers = Less money goes to your company. But, Less citizen movement = Less traffic jams. So it is hard to tell if it becomes easier or harder. You need to play to see that.
Must play to check it. For me, game is harder with my changes.
But I still looking for more experience from game.
For exaple: banks and loans. When I play with one bank in game, loans from that bank are low-interest. But I dont know how to change it.
These are my suggestions to make economy in game more realistic.
Maybe anyone could make mod like this or post here how change it?

Last edited:
For exaple: banks and loans. When I play with one bank in game, loans from that bank are low-interest. But I dont know how to change it.
These are my suggestions to make economy in game more realistic.
Maybe anyone could make mod like this or post here how change it?

Extract metro.gs, go to: metro\locations\%country_name%\location.script
Find this function and change to whatever you want:
$availableBanks = [
["bank name", "bank icon file", interset rate (%), duration (months), bank number],
];

THX A LOT!
Polish reality.
Code:
For example:
["bauern", "metro/ui/hqpanel/bauernbank.dds", 21, 24, 1],
["alpengeld", "metro/ui/hqpanel/alpengeld.dds", 50, 60, 2],
["interglobal", "metro/ui/hqpanel/interglobal fund.dds", 33, 36, 3],
["thecoincrest", "metro/ui/hqpanel/thecoincrest.dds", 70, 84, 4],

Edit.
In metro/ui/linepanel/linepanel.script I found this:
Code:
 MAIN.$gameData.$customerHappiness[$pclass] = MAIN.$gameData.$customerHappiness[$pclass] * 0.98 + 0.02 / (1.0 + $waitTime * 0.01) * MAIN.$gameData.$employeeHappiness[0];
Maybe its what Im looking for?

Edit.2
This is it, what I was talking about. You must change this value: "0.98 + 0.02" to f.e. 0.70 + 0.30. and you will not have many red face on stop. They live your stop away.

Last edited:
While this is more realistic I am guessing it makes it nearly impossible to spot bottlenecks in the transportation system since tons of unhappy customers is the only clue you have that a stop is troublesome. And then it's up to you to try to figure out why it's so troublesome. Is it because you need more vehicles? is it because the vehicles are being bottlenecked by other vehicles/traffic? Or is it because a bunch of people are trying to jump to another line to go really far and thus meaning you need to make a direct line or two to alleviate said bottleneck.

the people from Colossal maybe could make some changes in this aspect of the game. For ex: the money that you expend in maintenance of the stops would be really helpfull if they rise the time that people can wait until get angry. you know, i dont see any difference in put that thing in 0 or 95%...

the type of the stop could make more difference in this too.

Anyone knows which files do I change, to finish scenario in the game lasted a few weeks ( f.e.: line must exist two months)?

I was looking for this in game scripts, but I have to capitulate. I don't know where it is. :blink:

Edit.
If for every scenario, I will add the amount of arrived passengers?

Last edited: