• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EidenAch

Private
Jul 3, 2021
Hi
In my last game, I gave on of my vassals (he was an earl) a dunchy and later I found out that he decleared himself king and independend. Is there like an amount of territories that a vassal needs before he can decleare himself king, or does it depend on which territories he controls?

Im new to the game so there may be a straightforward answer that I dont know about :)

To form a duchy, you need 51+% of the counties it consists of. To form a kingdom, you need 51+% of the counties it consists of. To form an empire, nope, not 51+%, but an astounding 80+% of the counties. (Note that this refers to de jure counties, not de facto.)

You can click I, O and P to see de jure duchies, kingdoms and empires.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To form a duchy, you need 51+% of the counties it consists of. To form a kingdom, you need 51+% of the counties it consists of. To form an empire, nope, not 51+%, but an astounding 80+% of the counties. (Note that this refers to de jure counties, not de facto.)

You can click I, O and P to see de jure duchies, kingdoms and empires.
what is the difference between a de jure county and a de facto county?

De facto is what is, de jure is what "should". (De jure is what you see with I, O and P; i.e. the theoretical "perfect" structure. De facto is all the border-gore you see with W and F.)

• 1Like
Reactions: