• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

balladin

Recruit
18 Badges
Mar 28, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
I installed the game through steam but it crashes everytime I switch to another application and revert.
I installed from the CD and that carsh does not happen, however I can't find the upgardes FTM and TFH. Any idea where I can get these as Paradox does not allow to download from my account anymore.

Thanks

I installed the game through steam but it crashes everytime I switch to another application and revert.
I installed from the CD and that carsh does not happen, however I can't find the upgardes FTM and TFH. Any idea where I can get these as Paradox does not allow to download from my account anymore.

Thanks
The SF, FTM, and TFH expansions were bundled together, if I recall. While GOG distributes HOI3 and its bundled expansions, I don't think those expansions will work with a Steam base game. The reverse definitely will NOT work, since Steam will not recognize the base game from any other source in order to load their version of the expansions. I've successfully mixed a CD install of the base game with expansions from GamersGate (no longer a source for Paradox games), Amazon, and GOG with no problems, but none of those are compatible with Steam.

Since Windows 10 does not recognize on-disc DRM, I was unable to install HOI3 from the CD when I built my last system (that computer was recently stolen), and had to repurchase the base game as a GOG download. I had some perplexing issues with leftover bits on the registry from the failed installation attempt from the CD, until I used a program to remove them (not recommended for casual users). I'm now running HOI3 on my previous much older computer (with Windows 7) until I can afford to build a new one.

Thanks to an issue with Steam a couple of decades ago, I resolved never to deal with them again, so I've been using GOG as my primary source for Paradox games.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The SF, FTM, and TFH expansions were bundled together, if I recall. While GOG distributes HOI3 and its bundled expansions, I don't think those expansions will work with a Steam base game. The reverse definitely will NOT work, since Steam will not recognize the base game from any other source in order to load their version of the expansions. I've successfully mixed a CD install of the base game with expansions from GamersGate (no longer a source for Paradox games), Amazon, and GOG with no problems, but none of those are compatible with Steam.

Since Windows 10 does not recognize on-disc DRM, I was unable to install HOI3 from the CD when I built my last system (that computer was recently stolen), and had to repurchase the base game as a GOG download. I had some perplexing issues with leftover bits on the registry from the failed installation attempt from the CD, until I used a program to remove them (not recommended for casual users). I'm now running HOI3 on my previous much older computer (with Windows 7) until I can afford to build a new one.

Thanks to an issue with Steam a couple of decades ago, I resolved never to deal with them again, so I've been using GOG as my primary source for Paradox games.
by the way, could we have a direct discussion ?

Thanks
Google Victoria windowed fullscreen fix. The same thing works for HoI3.

Reactions: