• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

0rth0d0xypr0xy

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Apr 25, 2021
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I noticed as I began my 936 Iron Century start as Poltoi of Almeria when I changed his family name from "Yeshayahu" to either "Abravanel" or "Benveniste" the CofA does helpfully change on your family palace - but notice the list still shows "Yeshayahu" on the list of territories.

Just a quick question to ask if this will ever change, as I've noticed from this screenshot that province names can be altered with this change respected in the menu screen.

Attachments

• 11pkij5a5hny.jpg
    11pkij5a5hny.jpg
    649,7 KB · Views: 0
I noticed as I began my 936 Iron Century start as Poltoi of Almeria when I changed his family name from "Yeshayahu" to either "Abravanel" or "Benveniste" the CofA does helpfully change on your family palace - but notice the list still shows "Yeshayahu" on the list of territories.
If you change your MR family name in the dynasty window, the name of your baron-level patrician house title is automatically updated, but the adjective is not. You need to go in and manually alter the adjective to match the name.

EDIT: Your screenshot confuses me, I'm not sure what it's trying to show.

If you change your MR family name in the dynasty window, the name of your baron-level patrician house title is automatically updated, but the adjective is not. You need to go in and manually alter the adjective to match the name.

EDIT: Your screenshot confuses me, I'm not sure what it's trying to show.

Thanks jonjowett, My apologies if I confused you - I referenced the screenshare as the player had altered "Jerusalem" to "Jewrusalem". A minor detail admittedly, but wondered if patrician's palaces enabled similar editing if the house name is modified. In my case changing "Yeshayahu" to "Abavanel/Benveniste" reflected in holding?

Thanks jonjowett, My apologies if I confused you - I referenced the screenshare as the player had altered "Jerusalem" to "Jewrusalem". A minor detail admittedly, but wondered if patrician's palaces enabled similar editing if the house name is modified. In my case changing "Yeshayahu" to "Abavanel/Benveniste" reflected in holding?
As I said, you need to edit the "House Abavanel" title. Probably, the "adjective" is still "Yeshayahu". This adjective is what is used for most of the other autogenerated text in the game (eg. "Patrician of house X" uses the adjective, not the name).

Walking it through using Contarini of Venice 1066:

At game start, house name matches dynasty name
20210814204040_1.jpg

If you change the dynasty name, some things aren't updated:
20210814204058_1.jpg20210814204106_1.jpg20210814204113_1.jpg20210814204130_1.jpg

If you go in and edit the "adjective", most things are fixed:
20210814204116_1.jpg20210814204156_1.jpg

Alternatively, you can edit the name of the family palace directly (but this won't fix other naming issues):
20210814204223_1.jpg20210814204226_1.jpg