• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cagallo

Captain
38 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Pope after Pope (they die quite quick), they all have 100 opinion of me, and it's been like 6 of them so far. The main reason seems to be that "I helped them being elected". Is that uniquely because I have 2 cardinals and they always seem to vote for the winning candidate?

In any case, I do not have any sway over what "my" cardinals vote in the papal election (as far as I know).

i wouldn't complain. is this causing a problem?

Pope after Pope (they die quite quick), they all have 100 opinion of me, and it's been like 6 of them so far. The main reason seems to be that "I helped them being elected". Is that uniquely because I have 2 cardinals and they always seem to vote for the winning candidate?

In any case, I do not have any sway over what "my" cardinals vote in the papal election (as far as I know).
If you hover over relations you can see how it calculates the number, likely due to virtuous traits, papal investiture AND Reichskrone

I wish I were you. All popes hates me and excommunicates me so that I must pay them a load of money shortly after a new king has ascended.

Greedy little buggers.

i wouldn't complain. is this causing a problem?

Hahaha it is a problem! It's so cheesy, I can get claim after claim as far as I have piety...

So I read this in wiki, I guess it explains it: "The cardinals choose the next Pope based on a Papal suitability score, which relies solely on the factors about the candidate and thus rulers cannot directly influence. Pope who received votes from cardinals from a particular ruler's realm will have a massive +100 relations modifier per vote received."

As far as you keep a cardinal of yours and he votes for the future pope, bingo.

Popes usually love me too. My rulers seem to revoke just enough Catholic bishops to get -32k to -64k opinion from the Pope, which is treated as 100 thanks to integer overflow.

I prefer to have Germanic priests in my ream temples, even when my ruler is Catholic.

Popes usually love me too. My rulers seem to revoke just enough Catholic bishops to get -32k to -64k opinion from the Pope, which is treated as 100 thanks to integer overflow.

I prefer to have Germanic priests in my ream temples, even when my ruler is Catholic.

3hfj52.jpg

You get this opinion boost for every cardinal from your realm that gets elected pope? I thought that is only supposed to happen when you fund their election campaign (which can get ridiculously expensive since bishops have a lot of money to throw into elections). This sounds like a bug to me.

Even thou you said that you muted me, ill try to expand on this topic :

I prefer reformed Africans or reformed hellens.

Catholic/Fraticelli theocrats might be good because you can appoint their heirs as the liege, which might be a stronger bonus than 40% levy, some Stewardship or temple dedication if you micromanage everything.