• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gothmog said:
Something I forgot to mention in my first post:

Been watching Patton, have we? :)

Classic movie, that.

Got me. Just relying on something I'm certain everyone is familiar with to set the scene. :D And yes it is a good flick - even if they do use modern-day armor to stand in for Shermans and Panthers.

FFFootix said:
you didn't get any french and polish troops to attack Monte Cassino ??

You shouldn't worry about the Polish Corps being left out - as I said, I was lucky and had such a great early breakout that there were lots of reinforcements on both sides that just didn't make it into this game before it was over.

Arrrr AAR's at last - Thanks you :)

aprof another great Beta AAR from you - I think you were one of the first to post an AAR for Victoria too right?. A very big thanks for putting all the time in and give us a great taste of what is to come in January - feel free to do more work on others too ;)

Cheers, Ice :cool:

Last edited:
Seem to me that the AI (especially the US) did a great job (coordinated invasion).

So as asked before, was this special programmed for the battlescenario or can we expect a similar good AI somewhere in the middle of a 1936 scenario ???

Massive Island hopping in the pacific, D-Day and so on

aprof said:
Got me. Just relying on something I'm certain everyone is familiar with to set the scene. :D

Well, it sure worked, at least for this oddball poster. :)

aprof said:
And yes it is a good flick - even if they do use modern-day armor to stand in for Shermans and Panthers.

A very good flick indeed...by far good enough to forgive minor faults such as the above. Arguably the best of many good performances by the late George C. Scott as Patton.