• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FangirlCrazily

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
Feb 7, 2023
PatchUpdates_Banner_Wolf-Recovered.png

Hi Everybody!

I hope you all had an eggcellent Easter. This weekend I partook in an Egg Hunting competition, but to my disappointment all of my collected eggs weren’t edible. Instead my eggs opened up to reveal hidden messages within them. When putting those messages together they created the following Patch Notes.

May your Pantheons thrive

Game Version: 1.006.003.91754

Header_General.gif

Optimizations
  • Tweaked Texture Streaming
  • Tweaked Texture Memory Allocation
  • Minor Memory Optimizations in several sub-systems
    • SoilCover
    • Hex Behaviour System
    • Strategic Hex Cells
    • Sprite Particles

Header_Multiplayer.gif

• Added additional Warning Messages
    • When the Connection Quality is impacted
    • When the Session Save cannot be stored
    • When Error Code -2 occurs
  • Internal Improvements to Out of Sync recognition
  • Fixed an Out of Sync that could occur due to an incorrect order of operations when activating Vision.
  • Fixed an Out of Sync that could occur due to interfaces creating units that could affect the world.

Header_Fixes.gif

General
  • Fixed several Exclusive Fullscreen related issues
  • Fixed a crash caused by a script trying to add a completed quest that had already been completed.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in Outpost screen when it is owned by a invalid side
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when a player customizes the ruler's appearance in a specific situation during a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when loading a save file while having a province that belongs to another empire selected.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when Vision was updated in the incorrect order, triggering a Diplomatic Meet event.
AI
  • Fixed an issue where the AI got stuck in a Siege state on a structure that doesn't require a Siege.
  • Fixed an issue where the AI got stuck due to the relation check that was done in the movement system not being updated.

Faction Creation

• Fixed an issue where the Dragon Ruler Affinity would reset to the Highest Affinity upon Editing/Customising

World Map
  • Fixed an issue with Mark of the Tower imperium penalty applying to outposts.
  • Fixed an issue where Gold would be refunded when a structure is boosted

Be the first to get information about Age of Wonders 4:

• 19Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
Yes! The exploit has been fixed. I can play again!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Boosting a building while in construction/queue should refund gold. Mandating the micro of cancelling and restarting items in queue is just tedious micro for no real gain

Boosting a building while in construction/queue should refund gold. Mandating the micro of cancelling and restarting items in queue is just tedious micro for no real gain

It is ok that you will get all gold returned for units in the queue, which means you can build free units?

That is where the bugfix was for.

Reactions:
? Is this a separate bug/behavior?

I just don't want to have to cancel and restart buildings all the time to save money

I don't think that is the case.
This fix fixes the exploit that costs of units in queue would be returned when a province is annexed. Which means free units.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think that is the case.
This fix fixes the exploit that costs of units in queue would be returned when a province is annexed. Which means free units.

I was not aware of this. I thought the patch note meant you would no longer get a partial refund when a building became boosted mid construction

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was not aware of this. I thought the patch note meant you would no longer get a partial refund when a building became boosted mid construction

You mean turn boost? No, i'm quite sure that is still the case.

Last edited:
I'm very glad with the texture streaming!

• 2Like
Reactions: