• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am getting the "invalid checksum" message despite the main mod and the various portrait/DLC mods being the only ones active. In addition, I do not see any Open Range Feudal rulers at game start. The new religions are present, so it can't be that I've got an old version.

Some more features added that have been revealed on the Discord:

-There's also now an option to reintegrate the Mojave to Nevada once you rule it as King of Nevada

-Fidencistas are mystical christians who believe they can become possesed by great figures of Mexican history (which were into this esoteric cult) that are considered Saints. It now has the incarnate mechanics from mictlantec. The saints that can incarnate you are Niño Fidencio, Pancho Villa, Benito Juárez, Francisco Madero. Also, there's a chance for Jesus or Mary to incarnate you.

-Cristo Rey are orthodox catholics which are led by a Prelate that also holds a Holy order. So warrior priests. They were once dominant and rejected St. Louis, but are now in decline after conflict with the Empire.

-Unitas Fratrum is a better Moravian, a Falling Star heresy that is a mix of Prots and Caths with emphasis in reuniting central America.

-Mictlantec was also changed with removed sacrifices to be more respectful and accurate to modern native belief in Mexico. It has Día de Muertos

-Sagrado has two new branches San Juditas and San Charbel. San Juditas is St. Jude, patron of lost causes. He has a similar standing in mexico as the Virgin of Guadalupe. And is prayed to for almost any reason. San Charbel is a maronite saint introduced to México by immigrants, he gained popularity by being patron of health and difficult diseases. He's prayed to by offering sashes and ribbons onto the statue.

-Lamanitas are syncretic mormons with Mayan gods, seen as ancestors and figures in the Book of Mormon, following the Mesoamerican model of events. So they believe the book of Mormon is actual Mayan history.

- Also Sol Invicto is now based on syncretism of heliolatry and catholics, and messianic movements in México. It was changed because it was a purepecha ethnoreligion and now it includes many more myths from Northern México Natives like the Yaqui

-Cristo Rey is the mexican Catholic answer to St. Louis.

-The heresy of Cristo Rey is Reformistas, who represent an attempt to secularize mexican catholicism and place it directly under the emperor. It's sort of a precursor to Sacred Heart in that sense, while still being more theologically orthodox

-Don pelayo of White Sands also has a questline/event chain. He is kinda unique because hes cristo rey north of the border while the rest of his faith is far into the heart of mexico

So the orthodox version of catholicism within mexico is Cristo Rey, which we have to be a lay order that gained a lot of power post-event because of the chaos and the IRL shortage of priests. they are led by a Prelature, a layman, and enforced orthodoxy very strictly. overtime they began to dominate the politics of the mexican empire, to the detriment of some emperors, leading some to declare themselves reformists and try and reorder the church with the state in full control. this failed but the damage caused by the conflict between the prelates and the reformist emperors set the stage for the establishment of the mission of the sacred heart and the state-controlled archbishop of mexico as it's leader

i'll save the details for you guys but an emperor was the one who did this, seeking support from minority groups and less orthodox christians in the empire, declaring tolerance for all sorts of devotions and beliefs

The branch traits of Sagrado Corazon i think represent the most popular devotions in the empire. But of course that in the lore there are thousands.

Reactions:
Well, this is a wonderful surprise.

Reactions:
For some odd reason I'm seeing a decision called targeted_decisions with the description targeted_decisions_desc it does nothing but I don't know why it's there.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Why does Sol Invicto get rework again?
Well, it says:

"It was changed because it was a purepecha ethnoreligion and now it includes many more myths from Northern México Natives like the Yaqui"

Well, it says:

"It was changed because it was a purepecha ethnoreligion and now it includes many more myths from Northern México Natives like the Yaqui"
Kinda sad they did it that way, I actually preferred it being a purepecha ethno-religion. It was my favorite religion south of the Rio Grande, and now it's just another semi-christian/semi-pagan faith with no real distinct character.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Tribal AIs don't seem to be reforming their goverment.

Attachments

• ck2_1.png
    ck2_1.png
    4,4 MB · Views: 0
As Iroquois have a tradition of adoption, is it possible if they managed to assimiliate local English-speaking population prior to the arrival of the Mahonics, thus making them no longer a minority in Cayuga and possibly giving the legend of Duke Hiawatha a softer start?

Hey! I'm playing the latest version for CK2 as a custom character, and am now temporal head of my reformed Occultist faith. Everything is going great, except that the game instantly crashes when I mouse over any law change, not even clicking on it. I would really like to switch to Eldership succession now that it's available to me, or at least allow religious revocation. If it's relevant, I've created a custom kingdom of New York while still holding the religious ducal title. Is this a known bug, and are there any fixes?

Patch 1.2a has been released! This will likely be the final major release of the CK2 version, unless there are any other major bugs that escaped our notice. We sincerely apologize for the late delay - this winter was unusually rough for many of our developers, and we were unable to dedicate as much time to the mod as normal.

Given that this is the last major release of the Fan Fork, I'd like to say a few words. After the End has changed my life and many other lives in a way that most video game mods don't. It provides everything that a good mod should - a fascinating world with interesting history and characters, unique and innovative gameplay mechanics that build on vanilla to deliver a new experience, and idiosyncratic quirks and oddities that let the player know that it was made with love by a passionate team of developers. However, it also provided me and many others with a chance to contribute to this wonderful experience, igniting or reigniting passions for game design, coding, art, and sound design and providing us with a chance to show our talents to the world. The community around this mod is one of the most devoted and passionate communities for any video game mod ever, and I am blessed to have such a group of people enjoying my work and the work of my colleagues. I have made many of my closest friends through this mod and I don't think I would be the person I am today in any sense without it.

Although this is the end of the CK2 mod, this is by no means the end of AtE. Our devs remain hard at work on the CK3 version, which will hopefully impress you even more than the CK2 mod. Thank you for your support, and I'll see you in the next version.

Download link.

Changelog:
- mysterious targeted decision is gone
- Blue ridge count once again has unique CoA and dynasty
- Navegante head of faith is formable
- solved issue of Nazarene HoF becoming feudal
- luchador missions working correctly
- not everyone becomes a heartbreaker
- choose party decision works
- Neomexicanos no longer have jungle holdings in the middle of the desert
- Aphite high priest being ORF is sadly unfixable
- Sol invictus head uses correct description
- King of Mexico refers to the right person
- Cristo Rey characters can hold coronations
- Glorian is available in the character creator
- fixed adopt and abandon orf
- Americanist elections once again work, can I get a USA in the chat?
- realm and inheritance law fixes
- Texan claim wars fixed
- Delmarva title history fixes
- Call Redcoat Invasion fixed
- ORF vassals are no longer anarchy
- Lamanites can no longer take the Oregon Trail
- Grand elective removed
- Oklahoma no longer has to worry about uneducated occultists running amok
- AI once again goes into quarantine
- Sacred Heart can change to any saint once again
- Navegantes no longer become theocracies upon reloading a save
- Reformed Trailwalkers can declare Great Holy Wars
- Don Pelayo won't attack himself
- Artifacts should spawn correctly now
- Choyero has dynasties
- Grand Duchy of Georgia works once more!
- Brazos War pops up
- Neomoor melting pot event no longer mentions the Rouillé
- Edenites can become feudal from tribal
- Neomoor melting pot event should no longer repeat
- Forming a banner no longer makes the vassal independent
- Restored Dogwood Crown now graphically appears on your character
- Removed leftover vision of holliness code
- Male rulers of the Inner Banks can no longer marry The Emperor of The HCC
- Colombian Conan story chain working
- Ya-Shamal descendants get the Ya-Shamal descendant trait
- Glorian religious title has a name now
- Reformed Druidic holy orders are now working
- Don Pelayo get's a letter from Comancheria only after the war now
- Donate to Nauvoo decision fixed for Lamanites
- Events about knowledge talk about the The Event rather than Rome
- Heavenly Empress no longer attacks her own Head of Faith
- Can no longer recruit Billmen and Gallowglass
- South Wasatch has CoA
- fuedal_governments.txt no longer missing closing bracket feudal_governments = { open_range, - Bajadios should no longer be in all caps
- Texas county boarders match rivers
- Potlach prestige rebalancing
- Bloodline alternatives for Macarthur have triggers
- Can build trade post in Denver
- Lamanite expeditions work
- Yaqui Portraits working now
- New Mexico once again formable
- Heartbreaker War now spawns event troops
- Minor history fixes
- All reported disconnected family trees are fixed!
- All reported grammar errors have been fixed!
- All reported Localization issues have been fixed as well!
- Checksum checker has been updated

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
You and the team should be proud. You've done truly impressive work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Agreed. Thanks to you and all the rest of the dev team, both here on the Fan Fork and from the original After the End, for all the hard work and the years of memories that have gone into this :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Comanche armies have ship graphics on land.

ck2_3.png

Also the pilgrimage event chain doesn't seem to progress past the first event for Cristo Reys.

Reactions:
It doesn’t seem like the coronation event chain is working for CR either.