• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fixmypcmike

Sergeant
6 Badges
Nov 14, 2010
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
I'm playing as Ottoman Empire and Aden is my vassal and ally. Every 5 years Aden declares war on Socotra, on which they have a national core. It's not difficult to make sure Aden gets control when Socotra falls, but after that Aden doesn't try to annex or vassalize Socotra. I give them a year or so to do something, then make peace for whatever money Socotra has on hand. Five years later Aden declares war again. Any suggestions on how to end this cycle?

Vanilla or a mod? In AGCEEP you gain a core on Aden yourself during the game as the Ottoman Empire so you could get Aden in a war in which they are annexed to then grab the province from the country which annexed them.

I'm playing as Ottoman Empire and Aden is my vassal and ally. Every 5 years Aden declares war on Socotra, on which they have a national core. It's not difficult to make sure Aden gets control when Socotra falls, but after that Aden doesn't try to annex or vassalize Socotra. I give them a year or so to do something, then make peace for whatever money Socotra has on hand. Five years later Aden declares war again. Any suggestions on how to end this cycle?
I'm wondering if this is related to Aden's AI file. They have the small trader AI (supposed to be peaceful) and are maybe not keen on annexing in general.

AI vassals are programmed never to make a separate peace if their overlord is a human. This was implemented in an EU2 patch many years ago because players were annoyed with vassals peacing out.

Reactions: