• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yonderTheGreat

Colonel
114 Badges
Dec 12, 2002
www.planetdungeonsiege.com
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I don't have a lot of experience with proper colonizing, since I've mostly played (successfully at least) as Germany and America. I am currently sprawling all over Europe and have completely engulfed the lovely nation of Krakow.

I know there's a way to "absorb" nations that are under 4 (I believe) provinces in size, but that only applies to non-civilized nations, correct? Therefore, am I right in guessing that the only way to bring Krakow into my nation is via war?

As always, thanks!

Uh, if there is a way to "absorb" this is the first I'm hearing of it. As far as I know, events not withstanding, the only way to gain land is through conquest or colonization. The 4 state rule for uncivilized nations refers to the ability to flat out annex them. Any nation with 5 states or higher cannot be conquered, instead you can only take states off of them. There is a concept of "sphering", but I don't think that is what you're talking about at all.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. But in short: Yes, you have to conquer Krakow if you want to bring it into your fold. (I don't believe that would be worth the infamy, although I am OCD and having a nation inside of a nation would make me blow up, so I understand wanting it gone.)

There isn't no chance of "diplo-annexing" nations except being the cultural union, be a GP and the other nation is part of the cultural union and not a GP f.e. USA can diploannex CSA, Germany and it's minors, ... .
And of course real decisions/events (Indian minors, Madagascar).

Other than that - no chance.

Ahh, thanks guys. I knew there was something about a 4 province nation but I couldn't find it in the wiki.

I've been a bit... aggressive... as Germany. I think I'll let my Infamy die down a bit before I consider swallowing Krakow (I'm OCD about it too Raii!).

Ahh, thanks guys. I knew there was something about a 4 province nation but I couldn't find it in the wiki.

I've been a bit... aggressive... as Germany. I think I'll let my Infamy die down a bit before I consider swallowing Krakow (I'm OCD about it too Raii!).

Once you are strong enough to take all comers you can pretty much ignore infamy, if you get truly strong people won't even hit you with containment wars. I finished a game as France with thousands of infamy.