• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Barcasu

Recruit
14 Badges
Mar 27, 2024
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
I am so sorry to ask this question but I am new to Paradox game and also Imperator Rome
When I play through the beginning of tutorial, that the second task is to build a port
but the port should give +0.1 population attraction to Capua, but before you build the result at the panel said said it will give +0.4, I don't know why it will give this high
and the result also said it will go from 12.66 to 13.06(which is +0.4) , but when I go to the population of Capua, and at outgoing migration it said right now it has 12.81 population attraction
why it is different and which one is the real population attraction and what does the other one truly mean?
Sorry for the bad grammar because English is not my mother language, but if you can't help me with problem I will be appreciate, thank you!

Based on the real numbers (the actual building data) it's .1; however, what part of the display does is give the effective values - that is, not just what the port's flat effects do but what its knock-on effects would be. That would include creating a bit of population capacity and maximum civilization, both of which would have the effect of increasing migration attraction.

Alternatively, it's just a UI issue, but the top values are nonetheless the correct ones.

Reactions:
Based on the real numbers (the actual building data) it's .1; however, what part of the display does is give the effective values - that is, not just what the port's flat effects do but what its knock-on effects would be. That would include creating a bit of population capacity and maximum civilization, both of which would have the effect of increasing migration attraction.

Alternatively, it's just a UI issue, but the top values are nonetheless the correct ones.
Thank you for your reply, I am still confused to the number but I will try to play the game

Thank you for your reply, I am still confused to the number but I will try to play the game
It's worth keeping in mind that this is a very small discrepancy in a value that, I can assure you, you will not notice. It won't add up to more than a couple pops ending up there as opposed to another territory within your realm over the course of an entire campaign.

• 2Like
Reactions: