• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ParzivalPerzo

Recruit
31 Badges
Oct 9, 2023
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
As someone who likes to play Paradox games with his friends (We met thanks to hearts of iron 4), I have a question. I'm curious about Project Caesar's multiplayer stability. We are having a lot of trouble playing Victoria 3. I hope Project Caesar doesn't have constant desynch issues like that game. Constantly restarting the game and waiting people to join the lobby hinders the enjoyment of the game.

• 7Like
Reactions:
I haven't played a single paradox games that hasn't had perfectly stable multiplayer. In fact I feel like it's gotten worse. CK3 and Vic3 has way more desyncs for me than eu4 ever had. I hope they improve this but I wouldn't hold your breath.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It may be an engine issue with the current Claustwitz generation, but I think it was just bad development priorities.

Surely Johan al Gaib wouldn't be careless enough to release a game with poor multiplayer stability.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I haven't played a single paradox games that hasn't had perfectly stable multiplayer. In fact I feel like it's gotten worse. CK3 and Vic3 has way more desyncs for me than eu4 ever had. I hope they improve this but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Last week we wanted to play Vicky 3 than we remembered desynch's and started a eu4 multi. EU4 and HOI4 is way more stable than ck3 and vicky 3.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It may be an engine issue with the current Claustwitz generation, but I think it was just bad development priorities.

Surely Johan al Gaib wouldn't be careless enough to release a game with poor multiplayer stability.
If I remember correctly Victoria 3's current problem is AI spam little armys that contains 1-5 units and that cause desynchs. It's there like months now and not fixed...

Reactions:
As someone who likes to play Paradox games with his friends (We met thanks to hearts of iron 4), I have a question. I'm curious about Project Caesar's multiplayer stability. We are having a lot of trouble playing Victoria 3. I hope Project Caesar doesn't have constant desynch issues like that game. Constantly restarting the game and waiting people to join the lobby hinders the enjoyment of the game.

You can easily dig up plenty of posts from a decade ago how "johan only cares about multiplayer". For me though, its important that the game is nicely playable and enjoyable in multiplayer.

• 22Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
You can easily dig up plenty of posts from a decade ago how "johan only cares about multiplayer". For me though, its important that the game is nicely playable and enjoyable in multiplayer.
Would you consider multiplayer achievements? Or pseudo-multiplayer achievements?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The very first DM I have in this forum was from 2014 where I quote your rather infamous line and got modslapped for it :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
As multiplayer players we never felt that anyone in paradox was interested in us.

Eu iv was a tragedy. For years not working hot join. Every new dlc desync problems. Sometimes not fixed for a year, making multiplayer unplayable. But we played anyway, restarting the game every few months of game time, waiting for a fix.

New mechanics in eu iv are created with single player in mind. The mission system in eu iv. It's cool when you play alone but tragic on multiplayer. Era bonuses are the same, edicts on provinces, the whole republic government development tree. There are very many unbalanced elements.

Currently, every new game is getting worse and worse in terms of stability on multiplayer. Victoria 3 is unplayable, on multiplayer. You can only play part of the game years. There are also constant problems with CK iii

Reactions:

Ah, the good old days when 90% of the posts were 'paradox shouldn't focus on multiplayer because paradox games are primarily single player games' and the other 10% of posts were complaining about the metaserver.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I definitely hope the multiplayer experience gets some serious technical attention. The MP of Victoria 3 is beyond horrible, technically speaking. Desyncs become beyond unbearable even without mods, ending every MP game I've tried to play by 1880/90. This has been a nonstop issue since 1.0 and the Victoria 3 team has barely acknowledged it.

I definitely hope Johan and Tinto actually ship a functional multiplayer with EU5, and ensure it works with minimal desyncs. EU4 has been great in recent years, and is always reliably stable from 1444 to 1820. This is what I expect from EU5, too.

Reactions:

Would it be possible to have players join a game that is already ongoing ?

Maybe some sort of ELO mechanism or rating to prevent beginners from coming in or that griefers aren’t allowed in certain games if they’ve made a mess too many times.

• 2Like
Reactions: