• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maple Leaf Forever - 1

Emanresu

Sergeant
46 Badges
Nov 10, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
Lieu of an actual AAR thread, I've decided to post my evolving Canada Series in this general thread. I like to think the lore is starting to get fleshed out a bit - With a war against China . . . . and Spain. . . . within the first year of starting the game. . . . Yeah it gets pretty dicey.
As for why I'm posting an AAR - I got the game (well - a preorder) for my birthday a few days ago, and I decided to record my first experiences with the game. Pretty excited about any feedback y'all can provide me.

also because I'm (somewhat shamelessly) advertising fishing for views among Interested communities ;)

Last edited:
Good luck, I also played (upper) Canada for my first game. It's fun at first, and being in the British market is nice... But the 'diplomatic pact' payments to UK can spiral out of control if the economy keeps growing. I quit at the point I was forking over 100k to the British, it was killing me. There's nothing you can really do other than demand independence, which they then say no to because the army isn't big enough and never will be.

I eventually did try the yesman cheat to demand independence, but it made things even worse since I was ejected from the British market and completely messed up the economy. Almost no way to really win in the end..

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maple Leaf Forever - 9 & 10
This time - some scrolling problems - and we start our first episode on Earl Gray Patch for Victoria 3. Luckily the strategy is still working, and we start building more factories.

In Episode 10 we get more used to building slowly using investments . . . . a war with China breaks out and Russia Joins in. We do surprisingly well on the Alaska front, but as it turns out Russia wants a piece of New Brunswick. . . . and Britain lacks British Stoicism. I'm still really salty.