• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Religion and politics do not belong together.
~Angleos, Duke of Mecklenburg

((I think you're a century too early there. Wikipedia states that the first real proponent of separation was John Locke, who was born in 1632. According to the save, in game it is right now 1564.))

((I think you're a century too early there. Wikipedia states that the first real proponent of separation was John Locke, who was born in 1632. According to the save, in game it is right now 1564.))

((Angelos is a bit cynical, and religion is hardly his biggest concern))

Sir, I do not know from where you get these ludicrous ideas that all Protestants are anti-imperial scoundrels looking to secede from the empire. In any case, this is not the place for trading petty, sectarian insults. This is a place for ensuring that the peace that was won and secured in the Bill of Rights is secured, not for fostering discord and inciting hatred.

Karl Erasmus Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark
Knight of the Shire of Königsberg in der Neumark

If you care about that silly bill of rights then tell the king to get his missionaries out of my damn province.

BrandenburgSeal_zpsfa0ef6d0.jpg

Message from the King

All titles of Bishop Maximilian are hereby revoked, for slandering and insulting the king. I suggest you to think of what you have done, and maybe you can regain my favour in the future. The Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg is free to appoint a count of Lüneburg himself.

If you care about that silly bill of rights then tell the king to get his missionaries out of my damn province.

The province is not yours, sir. It is not a petty fiefdom for you to rule as you see fit, but rather is – or was, in light of His Majesty's latest declaration – a boundary within which you were to tend to the spiritual needs of those who still adhere to the Bishop of Rome.

I would also advise that the next time you have access to a copy of the Bill of Rights, you read the first two articles.

Karl Erasmus Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark
K. S. for Königsberg in der Neumark

I regret what I must have to do. Saint John the Dwarf teaches us that obedience is the most important virtue, and I do not wish to be disloyal to the king. However, his recent attempts at using missionaries to erase the Catholic faith in Brandenburg have given me no choice. In order to save the Catholic people, I am leading the province of Luneburg in a rebellion. Luneburg will join Saxe-Lauenburg or any good Catholic sovereign that will take her.

Some may despise me and call me a traitor. Just know that I did this for God and the one true Church.

-Bishop Maximillian

((GM approved))

((Well Andre, you know you are figthing a war with no army, against a country with an army.))

((Well Andre, you know you are figthing a war with no army, against a country with an army.))
((actually, he isn't trying to overthrow the king or something, but he is deflecting to another nation, which means I calculate (based on different factors) if they accept, and if they do, it's probably war :D))

I regret what I must have to do. Saint John the Dwarf teaches us that obedience is the most important virtue, and I do not wish to be disloyal to the king. However, his recent attempts at using missionaries to erase the Catholic faith in Brandenburg have given me no choice. In order to save the Catholic people, I am leading the province of Luneburg in a rebellion. Luneburg will join Saxe-Lauenburg or any good Catholic sovereign that will take her.

Some may despise me and call me a traitor. Just know that I did this for God and the one true Church.

-Bishop Maximillian

((GM approved))

God save your soul, for we will not.

Franz von Bavel-Baltzwischen

In lieu of the recent unfolding of events, the Count of Neumark reads a new bill to Parliament. Considering its urgency he asks that it be voted on immediately:

Religious Flight and Security Bill (1564)

An Act pertaining to the security of those people wishing to flee the rebelling provinces.

1. All those wishing to flee religious persecution in the rebelling provinces for loyalist Brandenburg are to receive full security in Brandenburg, and shall encounter neither let nor hindrance when crossing into Brandenburg.
  2. Any person in Brandenburg found deliberately denying another citizen of Brandenburg their rights, as outlined in the Bill of Rights (1544), on grounds of Christian sectarianism shall be liable to arrest and imprisonment.

Mecklenburg says Aye.

~Angelos, Duke of Mecklenburg

I support the proposed bill, for I believe that it will encourage tolerance and stabilise the realm.

~Sir Edmund Percy

((Oh, and BR, just some admin points (no pun intended :D) – when a bill passes, it becomes an act, so for example we'd have the "Parliamentary Act (1547)", as opposed to the "Parliamentary Bill (1547)". Also, did the Demise of the Crown Bill pass?))

hIchALc.png

A message from house de Bourgogne von Mitte​

I support the new bill wholehearty. And I will be loyal to the crown, in any situations. ((Edit)) Wilhelm, I don't think we need to torture ex-bishop Maximillian, since a man cannot answer, when there is no question to ask.

-The Exile Prince, Philipe de Bourgogne, duke of Mitte and general of Brandenburg

140px-Wappen_Altmarkkreis_Salzwedel.svg.png

A message from Duke Otto III von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony, Count of Altmark and Lord of the Old March

The Duchy of Altmark votes aye on the newest legislation. That said I ask the king to transfer the Catholic province of Luneberg be moved to the Catholic Duchy of Altmark und Saxony in order to prevent further distress amongst the Catholic populace

((could you make me a version of a coat of arms like yours but then the one William of Orange used?I am a total nitwit at editing :p))

((Truth be told, I stole it from wikipedia :p, I can try however to find something for your :)
Or I could try to make one. Never tried it though.))

((Oh, and BR, just some admin points (no pun intended :D) – when a bill passes, it becomes an act, so for example we'd have the "Parliamentary Act (1547)", as opposed to the "Parliamentary Bill (1547)". Also, did the Demise of the Crown Bill pass?))
((thanks for teling me, and yes the Demise of the Crown Bill passed))

((could you make me a version of a coat of arms like yours but then the one William of Orange used?I am a total nitwit at editing :p))

((Truth be told, I stole it from wikipedia :p, I can try however to find something for your :)
Or I could try to make one. Never tried it though.))

((I've dabbled in heraldry a bit, so if you don't mind waiting until my exams finish, I'm sure I could do something for you.))

I vote Aye on the bill. Bishop Maximillian, I apologize for my insults, but deciding to lead a revolt is foolhardy in the extreme.
-Count Frederick Von Spinoza of Anhalt