• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wathan

Sergeant
39 Badges
Oct 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
After a couple of games playing crusader kings retaking Jerusalem, I found a sure-fire* method to get Alexander Bloodline. (* exaggerated advertising)

1. Start as a latin culture group character in 1066
  2. Build up your power in preparation for the upcoming 1st crusade
  3. Meanwhile, educate your young dynast to be ambitious, brave with martial education. (Preferably, he's in late teens or early twenties when the crusade happens)
  4. When the crusade announced, assign your dynast in 3. as the beneficiary.
  5. Single-handedly win the crusade.
  6. Choose to play as your beneficiary who will have a sh*t ton of prestige and wealth.
  7. Conquer lands with holy wars until you can form a custom empire.
  8. Alternatively, you might be able to request invasions for one or two kingdoms from the pope.
  9. While conquering lands, get martial lifestyle trait or scholar and boost up your learning (you can certainly get the scholar trait via studying the star with scholarship focus or choosing the trait from hermetic society)
  10. Form a custom empire and wait for the Alexander Bloodline event to fire.

Let me introduce you, Exhibit A, Julien le Bel d'Outremer.

Julien le Bel d'Outremer is a bastard son of King Philippe Capet of France, later Emperor Philippe of Francia.
He is the first crusader king of Jerusalem, king of Sicily, a brilliant strategist, a scholar, a poet, a Magus, the wielder of Lance of Longinus, the wearer of Reichskrone, the keeper of Ark of the Covenant and Holy Prepuce, the author of the Julieniad and How to Build A Well, the discoverer of Emerald Tablet.
The Alexander Bloodline event fired only a few months after he formed the Empire of Jerusalem, comprising kingdoms of Jerusalem, Sicily, Leon and Galicia, and parts of Syria.
ck2_27.png

And this is Jerusalem after the invasion of Iraq.
ck2_26.png

Last edited:
I am still stunned at how the hell people get these sorts of characters without console cheating. Your advice is basically - start off ridiculously rich, attractive, strong, genius, well connected and with perfect stats and traits, win one of the greatest campaigns in history all by yourself, go on to conquer the entire known world, wipe Islam from the face of the earth (pillaging Medina and Mecca along the way), then Profit !

Good luck to you - I'm 220 years in to my greatest campaign ever and I still have just one single Empire, 250 realm size, a Celibate warrior empress with a respectable (for me) PCS or 44 and a dozen unruly vassals who want me dead. I think I have done amazingly well but I have NEVER not once had a character with all stats in the high 20s and 30s, a PCR closing in on 100, nearly 60,000 troops and over 20,000 in the bank, at least not without a LOT of console cheating.

I will never understand nor care about power playing, to me it is a sign that the game is or at least can be terminally broken.

I am still stunned at how the hell people get these sorts of characters without console cheating. Your advice is basically - start off ridiculously rich, attractive, strong, genius, well connected and with perfect stats and traits, win one of the greatest campaigns in history all by yourself, go on to conquer the entire known world, wipe Islam from the face of the earth (pillaging Medina and Mecca along the way), then Profit !

Well, when you put it that way...

Actually what I need is a surefire way to get Alexander Bloodline with African (reformed) Pagan, post patch. I've gone through 3 emperors and on my 4th and nothing so far. :(

Good luck to you - I'm 220 years in to my greatest campaign ever and I still have just one single Empire, 250 realm size, a Celibate warrior empress with a respectable (for me) PCS or 44 and a dozen unruly vassals who want me dead. I think I have done amazingly well but I have NEVER not once had a character with all stats in the high 20s and 30s, a PCR closing in on 100, nearly 60,000 troops and over 20,000 in the bank, at least not without a LOT of console cheating.

I will never understand nor care about power playing, to me it is a sign that the game is or at least can be terminally broken.

Well, in another playthrough, I started off as Eustache de Boulogne, a mediocre single-county count. And got the Alexander Bloodline with my 5th character after winning 2 crusades and forming the empire of Outremer.

In both games, I mostly RP and the main goal is to form Outremer get the Lord of Outremer achievement. Getting Alexander Bloodline is just a great bonus.

Also, I play on an old MacBook Air, so even at speed 5 the game doesn't run fast. As a result, I tend to super-micromanagement especially during education.

Last edited:
easier version:
play as norse plunder everything and swim in prestige :D

I'm sitting at 54k atm, and that's with ambitious + brave. seriously considering seeing if I can get him to 100+ yrs old if all else fails.