• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like I say, it's sluggish at the moment, only have a small amount of free time at the moment due to the amount of work I have to do, hopefully in a few weeks I can dedicate alot more time to working on the interface (in game one, the frontend is finished), early unit graphics (cold war + modern) and city graphics (probably the one in need of the most work - unless we use the same graphics for every part of the world).

We should have special buildings for the middle-east , africa and south america. But make the western ones first, and then we'll see what we can use in the others.

Not all the big cities look alike. Not all of them has tall buildings. Some great cities only have many low buildings, and no high ones. Not in the western world I guess.

I think cities like Mexico have tall buildings in the center, but inly a few.

Yes, very few large cities in the mid-east have tall buildings. Baghdad seemed pretty level, no large outcroppings of skyscraper in the middle from the pictures i've seen, but i'm not very knowledgeful about the makeup of cities around the world.

This is a picture of Stockholm and so looks most of the major swedish cities. My point is the swedish cities have maximum one or two tall buildings, mostly the church.

stockholm.jpg

about the winning and losing screens, i had2 wipe my system, so ill have2 look4 the images again il get back2 ya when i have them :)

Originally posted by Mormegil
Not all the big cities look alike. Not all of them has tall buildings. Some great cities only have many low buildings, and no high ones. Not in the western world I guess.

I think cities like Mexico have tall buildings in the center, but inly a few.

Like London :) it has height restrictions

Oslo doesn't have that many tall buildings, but it has the tallest hotel in Northern Europe. Throw in one Tall building in the graphic for europe.
And: Make some fine high detailed old buildings for europe... ok you don't need detailed, but make some old fine buildings.;):)

Another thing: The chief judge's house and the tax collecter etc. How should their buildings look?

The chief judge (sp?) should have a medium tall building, right?

The dock can be an usual brick dock (you'll find one with the other dock graphics) and the ship yard should have one or two cranes.

Or Am I completely wrong?:)

Edit: Should Europe be orthodox then? that would be wrong, since we are at the same stage as you are, we have american airplanes etc.

hmmm, ok... maybe latin tech should be expanded to europe also. Give it to all the west (excluding south america) , isreal and russia. Then Orthodox for South America and certain asian nations, then muslim for mideast and exotic for africa.

Sounds good. I wouldn't care if america had taller buildings, but if they're more "civilized" than us it would be another thing.

The bigger the city is, the more taller buildings it has.
There are some old europe-fashion buildings in New England right? Maybe add one in the graphic? I think there's some in the whole east-coast of the USA, and most of europe.

Weren't we going to have America as latin tech and europe as second best tech? So it would work like that. Give Latin skycrapers

grr...
No angry smile.
We are the same as you!
Its just your a bigger nation and whatnot.
Half of the advances being made are from Europe!
Latin should be all of the 'west' (West Europe, Israel, Japan, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ)
Russia is kinda out of it at the moment as is China, maybe they can change groups eventually along with maybe some other nations.