• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fun fun! A great power.. A colonial power with Tunis. Shame you couldn't extract a little more from the Egyptians.. Dumyat or the like. Propping up the Greeks indeed. Hopefully they remember your great charity to them when the next war kicks up!

Don't worry, Egypt will be dealt with later. ;)

Chapter 2 - Democracy? What's that?

Letter to the Piedmontian Upper House from the Foriegn Affairs Office

... I should also note that our closest allies, the Greeks, are beggining to make the slow slide towards liberalism and democracy. The growing wish for freedom and suffrage is becoming more and more violent in our own nation, and would advise either liberalisation of our government or take further measures towards preventing liberal uprisings.

39634614.png

... As well as this, I can happily confirm that several Italian States are planning to support our future endevours in uniting the penensula.

43457351x.png

24196346.png

I'm having the problem of my people not being militant enough. I can only barely scrape through some voting reforms, but that's about it for the next few decades. :mad:

91203591.png

Extract from "The Mediterranean Empire" by Steven Ferguesson

Within the 1840s, the Upper House of Piedmonte began the steady proccess of reforming the Italian electorial system, which although despised by the reactionaries, proved successful and remained in place for the rest of the century.
Many saw this as the turning point for democracy in Piedmonte, officially ending the Absolute Monarchy and quelling much of the people's militancy and setting back Anarcho-Liberalism for decades.

98619121.png

Greeks have it easy with political reforms, they get to become HM's government at around 1840 by event. But you can take your time with them, using them to lower consciousness strategically, while you shape your electorate in the meantime. With the rate you're expanding your sphere, you should be ready to form Italy soon.