• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cèsar de Quart

Forgetful troubadour
92 Badges
Jan 13, 2009
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
Years ago I had began working on a map reform. I don't even remember how or when, but I recently found the files I was working on. I don't even know if I've got all of them, but I wouldn't mind trying to make it work. It was a reform of the map mostly around Egypt, North Africa and Arabia. For example:

F7A17B0480EADAEEC93A6154085F59DE23DE2969

Egypt, in particular, was modeled around the ptolemaic Nomes along the Nile and the surrounding oasis and mountain ranges. I even think we'd need some impassable terrain limiting the Porphyrian mountain range in the east.

What do you think? If you agree that this is better, I can get to work.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Given that the map as far as I can tell does need some improvement, this is incredibly great! I think this definitely reflects the reality of the situation better than the current situation.

This is wonderful! I planned on adding provinces later, but I don't have good map skills beyond knowing I can split a prov into 2 or 3 or 4, etc.

Give me a PM about this, and we can figure out how to go about including it :D

It will be integrated into the main mod in the future.

A little update; here's my plan for Egypt, counties and duchies. I've tried to add as few provinces as possible, tweaking the existing ones and the like. Making the history files for them will take a while, and I'm no coder so I'm constantly running into syntax errors, but I'm getting there...

JP5BpY9.png

The Duchy of Kharga (or Oasis Megale) can be split between Alexandria, Thebais Engista and Dodekaschoinos, but I think that it makes more sense as an autonomous entity, a sort of "Lord of the Desert Waters" kind of character.

cYAckng.png

And here's my plan for Arabia and Nubia. I'm pretty confident about the Arabia remake, I based it on location of ancient oasis and trade routes, as well as pre-Islamic tribes and petty realms. Being a warlord in Hejaz or Yemen is going to be fun. I've also used a minimal amount of new provinces, reubicating many of the provinces previously (and unrealistically) set in the middle of the Syrian desert, where not even ISIS bothered to venture 5 years ago. South of Palmyra there should be nothing but sand.

Not pictured north of Hadramawt is Iram of the Pillars, linking Mahra and Matarqua... which I feel fits the spirit of Lux Invicta like a glove.

6T5O5p5.png

As for Nubia, it's just a general plan, I don't know enough to be confident on my research, but I do know that any map of the Nile needs to follow the Nile in ways that make sense.

oWyjJzo.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
This looks awesome! It should add a ton of flavor to these regions and give it a good spark :D

Upper and lower Egypt could be split into two kingdoms. With an empire of Aegypt uniting them.

Arabia looks great.