• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Firthy Gaijin are no match for honorubru Nippon steer!

DISHONORABRU!!!!!

The End in sight?
1st November 1940 - 1st December 1940

The most eventful, decisive month since the beginning of the war began very, very slowly. In fact, it very nearly did not begin at all, with the first notable field report coming from 7th Corps on the 15th in the the Philippines, so say that after a bloodless battle in which they apprehended what remained of Field Marshal Mac Arthur's headquarters, they had secured Manilla. This blow to America's puppet means that the last Allied stronghold in the Eastern Pacific is gone; now convoy raiders must re base themselves as far down as Perth and Batvia to get supplies. We expect the Philippines to collapse any day now. However, far more important developments were brewing further east on the seas surrounding Phoenix island.

We invaded Phoenix island on the 17th, after a long bombing campaign to batter the fleet there into submission. However, this was not fast enough, so we positioned all the major fleets nearby in anticipation for the most decisive naval battle of the entire war; this time, only 1 nation would walk away the clear victor. With everything stacked up in our favour, the Admiralty awaited with baited breath the American fleet fleeing from the now hostile shores of it's previous haven.

567In9g.jpg

Our fleets in position; the following battle would either win or lose the war for us
On the first day, the battle commenced. Involving over 66 ships total, Admiral Hyuakutake's combined fleet which had 7 capital ships faced off against the America's entire fleet (or what remained of it) containing over 21 battered capital ships. At first, things seemed to be going poorly, with us losing a few destroyer divisions and a heavy cruiser. Fearing the worst, several ships disengaged from the American behemoth, allowing the carriers to come in and strike from afar. Disgusted with the lack of honor involved, Admiral Koga moved his battleships including the Yamato in closer to give the Americans there final send off in a Bushido style duel.

YLhDCtE.jpg

One of the biggest naval battle of the war, with over 30 capital ships (21 American), and 66 ships total
American losses were appalling over the next few engagements. Out of supply, organization and luck, and with nowhere to turn too, they put a brave last stand from engagement to engagement. There was some fantastic showdowns;the Yamato dueling and deafening the rival pride of the fleet the Colorado; the Koga receiving a crippling blow from the Nevada but managed to limp on, and the awesome sight of over 10 wings of Carrier air groups flying over head. It was clear that Japan had one the day; not one American vessel out of 47 escaped.

FstaWm9.jpg

Losses from the 2nd engagement; including the loss of the USS Colorado to the Yamato; America cannot recover from these losses.
When news of the victories reached Tokyo, there was much celebrating. With the USA defeated, who is left to defy Japan? We now have full control of the Pacific and all the lands withing it; Germany and her minions own nearly all Europe, with the Soviet Union all that stand in the way of total victory. Perhaps not even they can stop the course of fate...

Ouch, that is one massive battle and some great losses the US sustained. Do they even have a functional navy left now?

Stunning, Congratulations. Please can you explain the strategy of the naval deployment plan shown in part in the screenshot above?

Last edited:
A most honourable victory for the Rising Sun! A Pacific Empire looms at the horizon! Reports of terrified American citizens fleeing San Fransisco before the now inevitable Japanese onslaught flood the international news as the British abandon Asia to cower on their island!

Stunning, Congratulations. Please can you explain the strategy of the naval deployment plan shown in part in the screenshot above?

Well, no strategy really, I just planted the best, most orged fleets in a circle around the island, and left the weaker fleets to the outer perimeter, to ensure no escape. Carriers were also placed on the outer perimeter, allowing the Cags to strike where I chose via Naval bombing, as opposed to all over the place. And it worked!

A most honourable victory for the Rising Sun! A Pacific Empire looms at the horizon! Reports of terrified American citizens fleeing San Fransisco before the now inevitable Japanese onslaught flood the international news as the British abandon Asia to cower on their island!

Heh Something like that. If i can find San Fransisco...

So after a bit of thought and playing on a bit, I've decided to call it a day with this AAR. I think I set out all I intended to do, and after playing on about a year I had nothing else to do bar invade the West Coast of America, which took about a month in game time and was very boring. Basically, I don't think it would be very interesting to write about me trailing across the US with light tanks, similar to India. It's not fun to do, and it's definitely not fun to read about. Furthermore, Despite the fact we are not at Barbarossa yet, it's already clear that the Axis have by far the upper hand, and Japan dosen't meddle in European affairs anyhow.

With all that said, I would like to thank a few people. Firstly, the folks from the Monday game who popped in and out to comment or give a tip, and further expand the legend that is Admiral Callan. Secondly to Darth, who managed to keep up a stunning impression of a loyal samurai every update. And of course, a major thank you to anyone who took the time to read and maybe ask a question or leave a comment; it was greatly appreciated and duly noted!

Oh, such great honorabruness Admirar Carran!!!

Such grory makes me want to start my own Japan game!

So after a bit of thought and playing on a bit, I've decided to call it a day with this AAR. I think I set out all I intended to do, and after playing on about a year I had nothing else to do bar invade the West Coast of America, which took about a month in game time and was very boring. Basically, I don't think it would be very interesting to write about me trailing across the US with light tanks, similar to India. It's not fun to do, and it's definitely not fun to read about. Furthermore, Despite the fact we are not at Barbarossa yet, it's already clear that the Axis have by far the upper hand, and Japan dosen't meddle in European affairs anyhow.

With all that said, I would like to thank a few people. Firstly, the folks from the Monday game who popped in and out to comment or give a tip, and further expand the legend that is Admiral Callan. Secondly to Darth, who managed to keep up a stunning impression of a loyal samurai every update. And of course, a major thank you to anyone who took the time to read and maybe ask a question or leave a comment; it was greatly appreciated and duly noted!

Great AAR, followed it all the way.

Since your Japan AAR is over and its the only current one, would you mind if I start a different JAP AAR (but with other objectives)?

Also, what AAR will you do now after this?

Great AAR, followed it all the way.

Since your Japan AAR is over and its the only current one, would you mind if I start a different JAP AAR (but with other objectives)?

Also, what AAR will you do now after this?

Feel free to start a Japan AAR! I don't own the rights to a Japan AAR... yet.
I hadn't really though about another AAR but now I always wanted to do Ireland (maybe with the Black Ice mod)