• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BOBODOBO

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
May 26, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
Hello!

As Europa Universalis stands out as the best Paradox title for "serious" multiplayer gaming, (before it's too late :)) I'd like to propose a few suggestions that could streamline the organization of large multiplayer games with minimal development effort.

1. Implement an option to allow the host player to use Console in multiplayer.
In extensive EU4 matches, it's common for players to inadvertently break game rules or experience disconnections, resulting in their country being left braindead or managed poorly by AI for extended periods. This often necessitates a rehost and manual editing of the save game file, consuming significant time.

2. Enable players to switch countries in-game without the need to reconnect to the session.

3. Introduce cooperative play functionality. While EU4 and other Paradox titles already offer this feature, it's surprising that Stellaris lacked cooperative options for many years. So please make sure we won't need to wait for many years to finally play coop. :)

4. Implement the ability to kick players from running multiplayer sessions.

• 3Like
Reactions:
They should add anonymous lobbies instead of ability kick lol, it is not fun when if you attack host you are get kicked(sad hoi4 memories) and if host dies game ends, so outside of playing with your friends lobbies shouldnt have a host

Reactions:
They should add anonymous lobbies instead of ability kick lol, it is not fun when if you attack host you are get kicked(sad hoi4 memories) and if host dies game ends, so outside of playing with your friends lobbies shouldnt have a host
How would an anonymous lobby work?

What if someone joins on a country and begins griefing the game by sending tons of money around the globe, or DDOSing the host?

Shouldn't you be able to kick a country, even if you don't see a name?

You'd be able to tell if it's a human playing instead of an AI, regardless.

Why would I host an anonymous lobby? What's the benefit to me, as the host?

I don't think you entirely thought this suggestion out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How would an anonymous lobby work?

What if someone joins on a country and begins griefing the game by sending tons of money around the globe, or DDOSing the host?

Shouldn't you be able to kick a country, even if you don't see a name?

You'd be able to tell if it's a human playing instead of an AI, regardless.

Why would I host an anonymous lobby? What's the benefit to me, as the host?

I don't think you entirely thought this suggestion out.
There is no host in anonymous lobby, so he cant ddos the host and as there is no host you wouldnt host a anonymous lobby right?
you would join only. Does these make sense? For griefing, game needs a proper anti cheat when the game is messed by griefer does it matter if you kick it lol

Reactions:
There is no host in anonymous lobby, so he cant ddos the host and as there is no host you wouldnt host a anonymous lobby right?
you would join only. Does these make sense? For griefing, game needs a proper anti cheat when the game is messed by griefer does it matter if you kick it lol
Griefing isnt just cheating. Literally look at the examples already given to you.

Reactions:
Griefing isnt just cheating. Literally look at the examples already given to you.
Why is sending money is problem? Griefing means cheating or exploiting, and again if someone ruins the server kicking them doesnt make any difference right?
I know in hoi4 when someone griefs china or do some other stuff everyone in server usually leave

Why is sending money is problem?
You ever play MP? I do, regularly, and having money sent randomly across the map by nations who are bored that directly affect the outcome of player wars is pretty toxic to game health.
Griefing means cheating or exploiting
No, it doesn't.
if someone ruins the server kicking them doesnt make any difference right?
It prevents them from continuing to grief. The recipient party, if we're talking about money, can just sent the gift back, and the war can continue on like it never happened.

Reactions:
You ever play MP? I do, regularly, and having money sent randomly across the map by nations who are bored that directly affect the outcome of player wars is pretty toxic to game health.

No, it doesn't.

It prevents them from continuing to grief. The recipient party, if we're talking about money, can just sent the gift back, and the war can continue on like it never happened.
I didnt mean player duels by mp, of course third parties should be able to intervene in wars as it happened in history, talking about sending money from other side of the world, I think in project ceasar, they should add a diplomatic reach, but helping enemy of your enemy is not a big deal

Reactions:
I didnt play eu4 competitive mp, but host bullying is far more bigger problem than some random dude sending money or allying, if he is rich he should use it ( I played a lot hoi4 mp and there were many toxic hosts) and random host bullying was the reason I stopped playing hoi4 mp

Also, in history Ottomans send money and cannons to mughals, and it gave Mughals unfair advantage against the nations in india.
This is the part of grand strategy as it is game or in history.

Mansa Musa for example he litteraly send gold to random people is he griefer lol?

Why players cant give gold as Musa did then?

Starting crusades against Ottomans is griefing then too lol, do you let Ottomans 1v1 entire Balkans and let them die?

Players should be free to do and game should be balanced and all exploits should be removed, to hinder extreme cases

Last edited:
Reactions:
I didnt mean player duels by mp, of course third parties should be able to intervene in wars as it happened in history, talking about sending money from other side of the world, I think in project ceasar, they should add a diplomatic reach, but helping enemy of your enemy is not a big deal
I did not say enemy of enemy. I am talking about how someone can hop in and play as, for random example, Malaya, make bank through trade, get bored, and send thousands of ducats to France as they fight against Austria, while neither France nor Austria have any diplomacy or interest in Malayas region. It does happen and it is toxic to the game.
Literally please just believe me. you don't play EU4 MP, I do, I know what Im talking about here :D

Reactions:
I did not say enemy of enemy. I am talking about how someone can hop in and play as, for random example, Malaya, make bank through trade, get bored, and send thousands of ducats to France as they fight against Austria, while neither France nor Austria have any diplomacy or interest in Malayas region. It does happen and it is toxic to the game.
Literally please just believe me. you don't play EU4 MP, I do, I know what Im talking about here :D
think about Mansa Musa when someone randomly sends tons of golds and accept it as a part of historical momments :D
just kidding, you may be a good host, so that there is no host issues, but if eu5 aims to have a bigger mp(I mean with random people not playing together with friends) community, there needs to be more than some pre announced games hosted by youtubers etc.
People like you may continue to host directly, but having to obey random people’s bullying… No please :)

Also, Eu5 needs diplo reach, and efficiency so someone in Malaya cant send golds intantly and without any delay/and gold loss

Reactions:
Random MP sounds absolutely dreadful and I would never want to take part in it.

Reactions:
I think you are crossing purposes. I agree with both of you but I think your suggestions don't have to be mutually exclusive. You still get to have your private lobbies but random lobbies might help enabling more casual gamers in joining the mp scene. Also I wouldn't know how to design such a system, but if it is robust enough it could work.

• 1Like
Reactions: