• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((GM, would you mind if I updated Vitale's information a bit? I need to explain his deep and abiding revanchist loathing for the Croat race.))

((GM, would you mind if I updated Vitale's information a bit? I need to explain his deep and abiding revanchist loathing for the Croat race.))
May I ask, why don't you hate the slovs? They are much closer to venice then croatia is. ((oops didn't know about the whole venice losing all her over seas possessions, tough break for you guys eh? But wouldn't you want to hate the french more? I mean Bonaparte did basically ruin, embarrass, then take over your country!))

Last edited:
May I ask, why don't you hate the slovs? They are much closer to venice then croatia is.
((Vitale merely has a civilised disdain for Slovenes, However he sees Croats as filthy barbarians that are destroying Venice's Dalmatian possessions that were Hers since the most ancient of times; and he wants them back.))

((No, that's fine))

May I ask, why don't you hate the slovs? They are much closer to venice then croatia is.
((Dalmatia, I would assume))

((if you run for president just dont kill all of the other candidates in an "accident" ;) ))
((I have no plans to run for high office for the moment, because it's really about you lot rather than me... And anyway, I'm always fair.... :D))

((just read we can start our own partys))
I Albert Von Salzburg will be starting the Royal Faction (reactionary/conservative) it's HQ will be Vienna where all Germans will be welcome! ((I will accept Non-Germans if the elections get intense but right now my character needs to keep up his image of a nobleman, I will be head of the party for now, but I dont think it will be necessary anymore if i win the presidency.))

Krakow must join the Federation - but will not with the influence of the Hapsburgs and Romanovs controlling it. It is a part of the Polish nation of the Federation, and cannot exist alone. What will become of it? A servant to Russia, a staging ground for the monarchy - which we see is intent on re-enslaving us? We cannot have this thorn in our side - a base for Royalist invasion, a base to bring the intervention of monarchies against us, a base to seed dissent and disorder in our lands.

Krakow Act: yes
[German]

((For now, I'll run for President as a Independent. I will make my own, moderate conservative, political party later on though. Or indeed, join one if one is created before then.))

((Vitale merely has a civilised disdain for Slovenes, However he sees Croats as filthy barbarians that are destroying Venice's Dalmatian possessions that were Hers since the most ancient of times; and he wants them back.))
((Well, this is going to be fun :)))

I will cast my vote as a solid NO in the Krakow Act. It is both an act of supreme irresponsibility in the face of the Russian threat and the violation of the independence of a free city-state. We may not agree with their support for the Royalists, but this is going too far!

Karoly might I interest you in the royal faction? It is the only faction that isn't liberal or otherwise the non-partisan hungarian party! Even though we are enemies we can still be in the same party, I too want the restoration of the older order of things. Vitale morosini if granted to be the president I will wreak havoc on the frence and the ottomans who have took venice's lands and left it a single state kingdom, you could even join my party and I will see to it that venice's own soldiers will have the honor of being my personal guard!

Krakow is an independent state, and I see no reason why any Transylvanian or Romanian should make it otherwise.

Krakow Act: NO [Romanian]

On another note, until otherwise proven I shall support the Slavic and Romanian Liberal Party under it's Romanian Branch, the Slavo-Român Partidului Liberal (SRPL). Hopefully we can work together against the likes of Count Gyula Bethlen, who wish to destroy the great province of Transylvania

- Boier Ion Horsa C.

((Boier is just a nobility title, and you spelled by name wrong on the title page :( )

((Boier is just a nobility title, and you spelled by name wrong on the title page :( )

((Sorry about that; It is now corrected.))

((Where are the Lombards, Slovenes and Bohemians? Also, are we waiting for elections to end before we present proposals, or can I present one now?))

Karoly might I interest you in the royal faction? It is the only faction that isn't liberal or otherwise the non-partisan hungarian party! Even though we are enemies we can still be in the same party, I too want the restoration of the older order of things. Vitale morosini if granted to be the president I will wreak havoc on the frence and the ottomans who have took venice's lands and left it a single state kingdom, you could even join my party and I will see to it that venice's own soldiers will have the honor of being my personal guard!

Councillor Von Salzburg, I am afraid I cannot join your Faction. Your party's undiluted reactionism and militarism dissuades me from membership of your group at this time, although I do believe your intentions are nonetheless honourable. It is for the stability and safety of the Federation and it's peoples that I do not canvass for the immediate restoration of the Monarchy, and likewise why I do not support unnecessary conflicts with our European partners. I shall maintain my neutrality in political parties, as George Washington did, atleast for the duration of this presidential election.

- Károly Vörös de Nyitra, Councillor for Hungary

Councillor Von Salzburg, I am afraid I cannot join your Faction. Your party's undiluted reactionism and militarism dissuades me from membership of your group at this time, although I do believe your intentions are nonetheless honourable. It is for the stability and safety of the Federation and it's peoples that I do not canvass for the immediate restoration of the Monarchy, and likewise why I do not support unnecessary conflicts with our European partners. I shall maintain my neutrality in political parties, as George Washington did, atleast for the duration of this presidential election.

So join the Hungarian League. It's a moderate voice that values peace with our neighbors and the rights of the Hungarian people.

((Where are the Lombards, Slovenes and Bohemians? Also, are we waiting for elections to end before we present proposals, or can I present one now?))

((Yes, you can; bills can be presented at any time, and they are voted on between the next update and the one after [unless its necessary for the story to have it done before the update].))

Krakow Act: NO [German]

It is not the duty of the Federation to be bringing in states unwillingly. If Krakow wishes to join the Federation it should do by coming to us with the olive branch, not with us busting down their door with rifle and cannon.

I also wish to voice my support for my brothers in Transylvania and for the Slavic and Romanian Liberal Party under its Romanian branch against those who would once again see us reduced to a petty fief to be toyed with. Though I strongly suggest we not be so quick as to shut out Germans and Hungarians from our ranks.

So join the Hungarian League. It's a moderate voice that values peace with our neighbors and the rights of the Hungarian people.

The views of the League are certainly much closer to my own than the Royal Faction, but nonetheless I must also decline. I am not supportive of some of the decisions and policies of your League, namely the fact that the league seems to be solely focused on Hungary, rather than the entire Federation, which I would prefer. I also do not support the dissolution of Transylvania, or indeed any present change in the federal status-quo. Should I be elected, I shall remain an Independent throughout my term of office, and then at it's conclusion, decide upon a political party, or the creation of one myself. Should I prove unsuccessful in this election however, your party will certainly be the first I will turn to.

Countrymen, lend me your ears!

I, Boier Ion Horsa Codrinaru wish to present the following bill:

I wish to present the Second Supplex Libellus Valachorum Transsilvaniae, or Petition of the Romanians of Transylvania as a constitutional ammendment

It shall contain the following:
I) That Romanians be granted equal status within the Confederation as the Germans and Hungarians
II) That the Transylvanian portion of the Upper House be given purportional representation
III) That the Confederation will stop all attempts at Magyarization of the the Transylvanian state

Countrymen, lend me your ears!

I, Boier Ion Horsa Codrinaru wish to present the following bill:

I wish to present the Second Supplex Libellus Valachorum Transsilvaniae, or Petition of the Romanians of Transylvania as a constitutional ammendment

It shall contain the following:
I) That Romanians be granted equal status within the Confederation as the Germans and Hungarians
II) That the Transylvanian portion of the Upper House be given purportional representation
III) That the Confederation will stop all attempts at Magyarization of the the Transylvanian state

((Just as a point of clarification, by clause 2, do you mean that Transylvania should receive 6 seats on the council?))

Status
Not open for further replies.