• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Warbuilder

Second Lieutenant
14 Badges
Oct 20, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I was playing as Prussia and when I formed NGF i decided to take a look on my new states. In the POP tab, the graphic was showing that their clerygmen pops is at 9% and bureaucrat pops at 7%. I want to know if this is a bug and how can I fix this. If it's not a bug, how can I make these pops promote/demote without lowering the clergy/bureaucrat population from the other states?

It should happen naturally. For clergy if they make up more than 4% of a province, there's a large decrease in promotion to clergy. So over time those clergy should change naturally, and your other pops shouldn't change to clergy to replace them. I assume the same is true for bureaucrats, just a different %. You could NF a pop that these pops can promote/demote to, and speed up the process.

Moving the sliders below 100% will help with this too. Pops will convert to other jobs faster that way. Remember that a lower admin slider means lower crimefighting too though.

But... was it supposed to happen? Why the bureaucrat/clergy population of the small german states is so damn high?

I think it is the AI using inappropriate national focuses so that clergy and bureaucrats are still national focused even once the pops reach such a size that not further growth is of any use.

Oh good lord no. You don't want to flood with aristocrats either. If you want to use a NF to make them somethine more useful its craftsmen, clerks, soldiers or even just the main RGO pop for the province, farmer or labourer or whatever it may be.
It depends on what you're trying to do. Need more industry? Craftsmen or clerks. Need more soldiers? Well that one is pretty self explanitory...and so on.

Oh good lord no. You don't want to flood with aristocrats either. If you want to use a NF to make them somethine more useful its craftsmen, clerks, soldiers or even just the main RGO pop for the province, farmer or labourer or whatever it may be.
It depends on what you're trying to do. Need more industry? Craftsmen or clerks. Need more soldiers? Well that one is pretty self explanitory...and so on.

They won't flood the province...that's the point.