• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(655269)

Recruit
2 Badges
Feb 4, 2013
  • Cities in Motion
  • Dungeonland
Hi There,

I know there's a big patch coming soon, I just wanted to weigh in and post my experience so far, in that I've not actually been able to play the game whatsoever yet and all attempts to rectify this have so far failed.

Symptom:
The game crashes on launch after clicking 'Play!' on the config dialog. No combination of settings makes any difference that I can tell.

Notes:
I've tried multiple delete local content and reinstall, after each patch so far. I also followed another thread which suggested replacing the mono.dll with one from Unity. This didn't help either.

System Specs:
Windows 8 Pro x64
Core i7-2600K
8GB RAM
2x AMD Radeon HD6970 Xfire

Upvote 0
I have solved this problem myself. I read elsewhere that the first thing the game does is check for network connection. On my system I had various Virtual Network adaptors installed by Hyper-V, VMWare and Teamviewer. I uninstalled all three of those and now the game runs for the first time!

Thank you for posting not only that your issue is fixed, but what fixed it!

Is a great help for not only fellow users but the developers as well.

Last edited:
No insults, be nice to each other, please.

He clearly stated what fixed it, learn to read.
He obviously did read the post since he THANKED him for posting the fix, so perhaps you should read the posts more carefully before insulting our staff.