• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well, as I am busy with school, I can only say when I have enough time :(

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but it screwed up the names of all the nations for every scenario when I ran Vicky after I installed this. It changed them all to String Unknown or summat.

The British and French were in the Caucuses I believe... Czech Legion was all over, and Japan advanced pretty far in the east.

Britain was in the Archangelsk i believe, Churchill teased stalin by saying he should thank Britain for teaching the red army to fight so well by invading at archangelsk...Although i could be wrong they could be in both places

thank you, however I wont been abled to release a new version, and possibly for quite some time, as the motherboard of my own PC has crashed :( I am now using an old PC of my father but well, its not really possible to work on the file atm...

Strategist said:
click here to download our progress file (right-click, save target as...)
last changed: 9 - aug - 2004 (added events and pictures)
filesize = 4.69 MB

Please send any new files to : gdesoeten@xs4all.nl

Code:
Instructions:
1) Download the file.
2) Open it (I prefer WinRAR).
3) Extract it to your victoria dir.
4) Run the timelimit patch.
5) Start Victoria.
6) Evaluate the game and post your comments.

Code:
Progress:
 - Map of Europa (ready)
 - Map of the Middle East (Ready)
 - German Events (in progress)
 - Swedish Events (from Zuckergussgebäck)
 - Finnish Events (from Zuckergussgebäck)
 - Dutch Events (from Windmolen)
 - Portugese Events (from El-Rey)
 - Spanish Events (from El-Rey)
 - Italian Events (from El-Rey)
 - Serbian Events (from Zuckergussgebäck)
 - Greek Events (from Zuckergussgebäck)
 - Belgian Events (from Windmolen)
 - Afghanistan Events (from Windmolen)
 - Argentinian Events (from Scythe)
 - Luxembourgian Events (from Windmolen)
 - New nations added (in progress)
 - Map of Russia (in progress)
 - New Techs (Army and Culture)

Code:
The 5 new culture-techs are:
[INDENT]- Modern Arts[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Intellectual Pessimism[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Rejection of Moralism[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- International Marxism[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Peace Movement[/INDENT] 

The 5 new army-techs are:
[INDENT]- Operational Mobility[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Assault Weapons[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Long-Range Artillery Fire[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Military Intelligence[/INDENT] 
[INDENT]- Tactical Freedom[/INDENT] 

This army-techs will also add one new Infantry attachment: Mechanised
Inf-M will be as strong as normal Inf but as fast as Cav-Hus.

Important: most of the errors are taken out at the moment, if you see any errors except the one mechanised error, please contact me.
Warning: When you start the campaign you will get some errors, just continue as most of them will be solved and others are being solved at the moment.
More News coming soon.

Strategist

Very nice this patch but Italian and Polish borders are NOT right

We know that, Poland gets its corridor in an event after some time, the next patch will modify this event so that they also get Posen and Deutsch Krone.

As for Italy, we can of course give them the province north of the Südtyrol...

If you are talking Trieste, then Italy gets it in a later event.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
We know that, Poland gets its corridor in an event after some time, the next patch will modify this event so that they also get Posen and Deutsch Krone.

Well, I have some doubts whether we should give Poland Deutsch Krone. Historically the border went right through the province, and while from a state point of view (whole Westpreussen to Poland) and a Pop-nationality point of view (Polish majority) it should go to Poland, the main city in the region remained on the German side of the border.

Oh, and by the way, someone should fix the number of Polish pops in Cernovcy, there are way too much of them - I suggest changing some to Romanian.

This about 'major city' has been debated time and time again in most mods around here and HOI, the doctrine to follow is: The country that controlled most of the province gets it, here are my arguments for giving Poland Deutsch krone:

1) It doesn´t give Poland any real tactical, unhistorical advantage over germany
2) It will make the polish border look better
3) POP reasons
4) Most of the province was polish.

I am not the pop mod, but I am of the veiw that POPs are of the least concern at this moment, we should focus more on sorting out the bugs (game freezes on january 20 1919 and only starts after pressing enter) that fiddling with pops...

Zuckergußgebäck said:

As for Italy, we can of course give them the province north of the Südtyrol...

If you are talking Trieste, then Italy gets it in a later event.

I didn't find the next patch can you give me the link?
I'm Italian and Italy got Trieste and Trento in the 3rd Nobvember 1918
Fiume was occupied from 1920 to 1922 by Italian troops, and after became an Italian city
Italy after this war got also some islands Cherso , Dodecaneso (but not Turkish coast)

No, it is a standard 'freeze' everything stops and the music plays the same thing over an over again, but when you press enter, it goes back to normal, I suspect that it is the 'german plant produces new guns' event that is bugged...

AxlfromPiedmont said:
I didn't find the next patch can you give me the link?
I'm Italian and Italy got Trieste and Trento in the 3rd Nobvember 1918
Fiume was occupied from 1920 to 1922 by Italian troops, and after became an Italian city
Italy after this war got also some islands Cherso , Dodecaneso (but not Turkish coast)

We are walking a thin line between 'occupied' and 'officialy recognised as national territory', the poles did occupy the polish corridor by 1919, but they didn´t actualy get it until later, the same with Italian thingies.

I suggest that we(the team) descides upon a policy of weather we should give countries the territory they controlled at the game start, or wait until the many peace treaties comes into effect.

No, it's that bug...

You can't see the error message, but if you hit Alt+Tab to go desktop and return to Victoria, you can see the message...

Zuckergußgebäck said:
That suggests that two events has the same ID?

Or units, factories...

I found that ID in the Estonia's army in 1919_est.inc:

Code:
landunit = {
location = 387
id = {[B]type = 4712 id = 3239[/B] }
name = "2nd Corps" 

division = { 
	name = "83rd Division"
	type = infantry 
	id = { type = 13422 id = 2000 } 
	quality = reserve