• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MacVTCN

Recruit
4 Badges
May 6, 2024
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings III
Good Morning All,

I'm pretty new to DH, but enjoying it thus far. I'm trying to find a mod where I can play all the way through from 1914 until at least 1945, if not beyond.
I'm aware of Blood & Iron WW1 mod, but unsure if this supports the interwar period and transition to WW2?
I've heard of 'TGC' (The Grand Campaign), which might be what I'm looking for, but support ended in 2021. There appears to be a lot of different pockets of activity and hard to know what mods are out there entirely.
Does anyone have any immediate thoughts or recommendations that spring to mind?

Thanks in advance.

Good Morning All,

I'm pretty new to DH, but enjoying it thus far. I'm trying to find a mod where I can play all the way through from 1914 until at least 1945, if not beyond.
I'm aware of Blood & Iron WW1 mod, but unsure if this supports the interwar period and transition to WW2?
I've heard of 'TGC' (The Grand Campaign), which might be what I'm looking for, but support ended in 2021. There appears to be a lot of different pockets of activity and hard to know what mods are out there entirely.
Does anyone have any immediate thoughts or recommendations that spring to mind?

Thanks in advance.
TGC is really the only one. I still occasionally play it. Although it still has interwar events and decisions, WW1 almost always results in a Central Powers victory (and no Nazi Germany) unless you play as France or maybe UK to force an Allied victory and then play from there. But even that doesn't always result in a purely historical interwar. But if you approach it as a mostly sandbox playthrough, then you'll have a lot of fun. I choose the "anyone can declare war" setting too which sometimes results in some unexpected but fun wars. There used to be another mod by Ericafaq (Nikita) that was on here called Peace Without Victory (PWV). He put a ton of work into it and it was very refined, but it was a bit too railroaded for me. I think he ended up pulling it from the forum, but I someone here has an upload for it I think.

TGC is really the only one. I still occasionally play it. Although it still has interwar events and decisions, WW1 almost always results in a Central Powers victory (and no Nazi Germany) unless you play as France or maybe UK to force an Allied victory and then play from there. But even that doesn't always result in a purely historical interwar. But if you approach it as a mostly sandbox playthrough, then you'll have a lot of fun. I choose the "anyone can declare war" setting too which sometimes results in some unexpected but fun wars. There used to be another mod by Ericafaq (Nikita) that was on here called Peace Without Victory (PWV). He put a ton of work into it and it was very refined, but it was a bit too railroaded for me. I think he ended up pulling it from the forum, but I someone here has an upload for it I think.
Thanks for your reply! It sounds like I'm using the right mod in that case.

I was wondering if you have any 'go-to' mods for an enriched or more accurate WW1 scenario?

There used to be another mod by Ericafaq (Nikita) that was on here called Peace Without Victory (PWV). He put a ton of work into it and it was very refined, but it was a bit too railroaded for me. I think he ended up pulling it from the forum, but I someone here has an upload for it I think.
True.
Nevertheless...
here the link to the forum thread: Peace without victory by Ericafaq
and here a download link:
Peace-without-victory_PWV_2020-05-08.7z (1.53 GB)
In case above direct link doesn't work (I might need to reorganize or shuffle files) , try Various DH mods and scenarios or this thread.

Too sad if this mod would just vanish although I can understand his point.
I am doing this without authorization by @Ericafaq and if he insists I'll, sadly, take down the link.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: