• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frymonmon

President of California
29 Badges
Jul 21, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
Tbd

Your Excellency,

I would like to tender a proposal to your Ministry and to your Sovereign. My predecessor as Bavarian First Minister, Freiherr von der Pfordten, tendered to the German Confederation a proposal for a Trias of the lesser German states, a proposal raised also during the events of 1848, among other occasions, with the support of such men as the present Saxon Premier, Friedrich Ferdinand von Beust. It is my intention to revive this proposal on a revised basis, such that the present dilemmas affecting all the Princes of Germany may be resolved. By means of this Trias, the security of the German States and the positions of the German Princes may be forever secured: from attentions of foreign powers, from the dominance of Austria and Prussia, and from the revolutionary fervour of the common people. The lament of the German nation, the bickering over Kleindeutschland and Großdeutschland, shall be ended, by the adoption of a third solution: Drittes Deutschland.

The Trias shall take the form of a federation of the lesser States, closer than the existing German Confederation. This federation shall possess an executive, invested in the Kings of Bavaria as the greatest Sovereign of the lesser States, an a bicameral legislature, composed of a chamber representing the state governments on an equal basis, and a chamber representing the people proportionally. This federal government shall oversee a unified military, diplomatic service and common fiscal concerns, while all other affairs will be left to the states. By this approach the strength and power of the states will be pooled for their collective security and prosperity, yet likewise their rights and liberties shall be maintained and protected.

These are the principle elements to this Trias. If the proposal receives the assent of a good number of Princes, we shall meet and discuss a full treaty between the states, complete with all the necessary details. I can assure you, in this endeavour we possess the approval and support of the Austrian Crown. If this proposal is to your liking, and to the liking of your Sovereign, I eagerly await your response.

Karl von Schrenck auf Notzing
Chairman of the Council of Ministers
Minister of the Royal House and Foreign Affairs
Minister of Trade and Public Works

To His Majesty, Prince Nikola of Montenegro,

Word has reached the Empire of insidious machinations within the Porte to undermine, and ultimately destroy, the independence of the Principality of Montenegro, something wholly and utterly opposed by the Empire, both in its capacity as a chief opponent to Ottoman expansion, and in its role as protector of the Slavic peoples. To this end, His Imperial Majesty offers his full support against any potential invasion by the Ottomans, and will use the might of the Russian Empire to maintain Montenegrin independence.

From the Office of the Foreign Minister

Aleksándr Mikháylovich Gorchakóv