• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Noco19

Little Creole
77 Badges
Nov 20, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
640px-Flag_of_the_Habsburg_Monarchy.svg.png

Embassy of
Das Kaisertum Österreich

Government

176px-Franz_Joseph_1865.jpg

Franz Joseph I
by the Grace of God Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, Bohemia, King of Lombardy and Venice, of Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, Lodomeria and Illyria; King of Jerusalem etc., Archduke of Austria; Grand Duke of Tuscany and Cracow, Duke of Lorraine, of Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola and of the Bukovina; Grand Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia; Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia, ofModena, Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla, of Auschwitz, Zator and Teschen, Friuli, Ragusa and Zara; Princely Count of Habsburg and Tyrol, of Kyburg, Gorizia and Gradisca; Prince of Trent and Brixen; Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria; Count of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg, etc.; Lord of Trieste, of Cattaro, and over the Windic march...

164px-Archduke_Rainer_of_Austria_%281827-1913%29.jpg

Chairmen of the Ministers' Conference: Erzherzog Rainer Ferdinand von Österreich

160px-Johann_Bernhard_von_Rechberg.jpg

Foreign Minister: Count Johann Bernhard von Rechberg und Rothenlöwen

Last edited:
Kaiserlich-Königliche Armee

160px-Hess-heinrich_von_Lithographie-von-kriehuber-1854.jpg

Fieldmarshal: Heinrich von Heß

Last edited:
Due to the delicate nature of the current safety of the lands under Habsburg rule, the recent war lost, the unsettled issue of the Hungarian Kingdom and the need for proper representation for the people of the lands of the Crown of Saint Stephen, I petition the crown to begin negotiations towards a mutually agreeable settlement to reform the governing of the lands under crown rule. Working on a united path towards common cause we can achieve more than has recently been accomplished pulling in different directions.

Respectfully,
Ferenc Deák

170px-FebruarPatent.jpg

The February Patent
Intended to revise the "Irrevocable Fundamental Law of the State", also known as the "October Diploma", a Constitution adopted by Emperor Franz Joseph in 1860, the "Imperial Constitution of 1861", or "February Patent" was announced on February 26th, 1861. An imperial and bicameral parliament was established as the Reichsrat, the appointed House of Lords, consisting of prominent bishops, noble leaders, great citizens, and the Crown Prince, acting as the upper house and the indirectly-elected House of Deputies, consisting of 343 delegates, with 120 representatives from Hungary, 20 from Venetia, and 203 from the remaining non-Hungarian estates, acting as the lower house.

Parliamentary responsibilities were divided into two sections - greater and lesser. Greater responsibilities were matters that affected the Empire as a whole, including Hungary, while lesser responsibilities dealt with the individual estates themselves. Thus, the Hungarian Diet could function alongside the Reichsrat in matters of internal Hungarian affairs.

With this, the Reichsrat had greater power than ever before, but was still subject to the Emperor, who could stack the upper house to counteract the lower house. Furthermore, the emperor could take military or political actions without the consent of the Reichsrat, and could take whatever action he pleased when it was not in session.

How the empire would react to this, had yet to be seen. As for now, Franz Joseph has called for the opening of a new session of the Reichsrat, instructing the Diets to begin sending in their delegates. At the same time, Franz Joseph has answered the call of Ferenc Deák, and ordered a reform committee, lead by Deák, to begin working.

To His Excellency, Count Johann Bernhard von Rechberg und Rothenlöwen,

His Imperial Majesty has stated his desire for warmer relations between our two empires; however, he is gravely concerned over the preponderant interest the Austrian Empire has taken in the Balkans, where the Slavic peoples, who are considered by His Imperial Majesty and most everyone Slav to be the brethren of the Russian people, and has further pondered on what can be done to rectify the interests of our two Empires within that region.

His Imperial Majesty however, has relayed to me that his desires reflect those of Emperor Franz Joseph and the Austrians.

From the Office of the Foreign Minister
Aleksándr Mikháylovich Gorchakóv

Your Excellency,

I write to you to freshly and frankly discuss the present national question in Germany. It is my ardent wish as First Minister to work closely with the Austrian Crown in this matter as in all matters of foreign policy. It is quite clear that the national sentiment that fuelled the events of 1848 has not declined; indeed, it is very much in the ascent. The news from Italy, of the unification of their nation, is only likely to further inspire this sentiment. A solution to assuage this national feeling is increasingly required, for the sake of the stability and security of the Deutscher Bund.

There have been many proposals as to this question, although few have been feasible, and none successful. I am sure you are aware of the proposal of my predecessor as First Minister, Freiherr von der Pfordten. His proposed Trias of the smaller German states, excluding both Austria and Prussia, while not without its flaws, was at its base an excellent concept. It is my belief that a Trias, amended to better suit Austrian interests, is the most perfect solution to the national question presently available. Rather than as a challenge to Austrian power, as von der Pfordten likely intended it, it is my wish that such a Trias may serve as a boon to Austria. A combination of Austria's allies and confederates in Germany, aligned against the power of Prussia, would be a formidable ally and steadfast friend for Vienna.

It is therefore my wish to tender this concept, of an Austrian-aligned Trias of German states, to you, and to receive the opinion of yourself and the Austrian Government as to such a Trias. By this proposal, the national feeling shall be satiated, and the position of the Princes secured, and all the while, Austrian influence in Germany reinforced by a new and powerful Bund. I shall be receptive to your wishes and interests in regards to this proposal, including amendments to its form, composition and other such details.

Karl von Schrenck auf Notzing
Chairman of the Council of Ministers
Minister of the Royal House and Foreign Affairs
Minister of Trade and Public Works

Last edited:
The Principality of Montenegro has been an important supporter of Herzegovinian revolts for several years now, and we are convinced that swift action is necessary to end this issue. We ask the Austrian Empire to sympathise with our goals here, as an increase in Slav Revolts would have consequences in the Austrian Empire too. We do not require any foreign assistance in this campaign and only ask for non-intervention. If you have any opinions or requests regarding the Montenegrin Question, this is your time to voice them. May peace continue to reign between our two Empires, and may our victory be swift against these traitors and dissidents.

That the Austrian Empire is willing to discuss the future of the Balkan states with His Imperial Majesty is fortuitous, especially in light of these Ottoman machinations to supplant several of those states. In this regard, His Imperial Majesty is willing to discuss unified, coordinated action to prevent Ottoman domination over the Balkans.

Your Excellency,

I thank you for your faith in my ardent commitment to the friendship of our Crowns. It is my conviction that only our cooperation can resolve the present national question and ensure the peace of Europe from the challenge of Prussia.

I shall directly address your principle concern, as to the method by which the Trias shall be formed and constituted. I envisage the Trias as extra-confederal body, entirely separate and distinct from the present Bund, as a full sovereign power of its own right. While this may seem a radical measure, I assure you, this is not the case. The Trias would continue to participate in the Bund, either in its separate constituent parts or as a single unit. It is my intention, by this approach, to forestall efforts by Prussia to obstruct the Trias. Were the Trias to be constituted by means of a Congress of the Bund, it is likely that Prussia would utilise her influence to defeat the proposal. It is therefore necessary, for the feasibility of the Trias, to circumvent the Bund and negotiate directly with the German Principalities, a task which I shall oversee as Head of the Bavarian Foreign Ministry. The Trias would thus be formed by a sovereign treaty between the Princes of Germany, themselves entering freely into a new combination for their mutual protection and security.

I hope this reply sufficiently explains my prospective approach to this matter. As your keen ally, we would not embark upon this proposal without your approval or the approval of His Imperial and Royal Majesty. I thus await your response, and am prepared to answer further questions and concerns as to the Trias.

Your Excellency,

I am grateful for the trust you have placed in my Ministry, and for the approval of my proposed Trias of the German Princes. I shall undertake diplomatic communications and negotiations with the Principalities at once, and shall relay to you the progress of this endeavour at appropriate junctures. Let us pray that the Princes see the wisdom of a Triassic Federation.

To His Excellency Count Johann Bernhard von Rechberg und Rothenlöwen,

His Imperial Majesty is not opposed to such a stance being taken against the Porte; however, due to the restrictions made by the Treaty of Paris, the lack of a Black Sea Fleet complicates the matter greatly, and due to the inclinations of the British and the French to align themselves to the Porte, as they did so blatantly during the Eastern War, such a stance could prove to be war-making; we must ensure that the French and British are disinclined to support the Ottoman Empire before we make a more striking move.

In the meantime, overtures of protection for the Montenegrin Principalities from our two Empires would best ensure the preservation of peace in the Balkans until such a time that the Treaty of Paris can be safely overturned and the Porte's unnatural influence over the Black Sea, and the Balkans, can be effectively removed in perpetuity.

From the Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs

Last edited:

His Imperial Majesty believes that the diplomatic approach suggested by His Imperial and Royal Majesty to be a wise and prudent matter; regarding the second matter, His Imperial Majesty is quite amenable to both visiting Wien, and in receiving His Imperial and Royal Majesty in St Petersburg – arrangements for either or both shall be made in good time.