• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I decided to try AGCEEP. Installed AGCEEP Deluxe exactly as instructed in AGCEEP's web site (with 1.09 patch and EGUFSM, and all this in right order). Because I have Vista OS, I followed advice which was given in another thread of this forum and installed EU2 not into the Program Files folder, but directly on C-disk (into Europa Universalis 2 folder, of course).

All that installing done and after clicking AGCEEP shortcut icon, everything functions well (game opens with AGCEEP interface and altered scenarios) until I choose a country to play and hit "start". Then I get an unpleasant message box informing me that "Critical error! - Couldn't open file:AGCEEP\scenarios\inc\Reformation_Events.inc", and after pressing "ignore", game collapses ("Europa Universalis II has stopped working").

What have I done wrong? How can I fix this? Would appreciate, if someone could help.

Better ask in Techninal Support thread.

Is EU2 patched to version 1.09? Please continue in Technical Support thread.

Yes, it is patched. Maybe I shouldn't create separate AGCEEP folder into EU2 folder?

Yes, aGCEEP must be installed at the root of EU2 folder in AGCEEP folder.

Okay, I managed to solve the problem. I had one folder named AGCEEP (which was created by program itself in course of installing) in the other called the same (created by myself into EU2 folder before installing).

And big thanks to all of you who have created this mod!

Question:
http://www.agceep.net/installation.htm#Options
tells me:
"Since version 1.33 people playing the AGCEEP have also had the option to play using no random events whatsoever. There will be a serious of "commercials" that will pop up talking about different features within the AGCEEP, but these are unavoidable and must be in the game for it to function correctly. To play with no random events enabled, click this option to ON. The default is OFF.
Note that some countries will receive historical random events even if this option is turned ON."

I started a game twice because at first I thought I just had left the option on "ON", but now I have for the second time those commercials but I'm 110% sure that I have put the option to OFF.
Also when I change options like a different AI agro then the settings stay that way when I exit and come back but the "Random Events" options stays with ON even if I have set it to OFF before.
What's wrong here?
Playing with 1.58 beta 11 on a freshly installed EU2, patched to 1.09, using EGUFSM 1.2, Campaign was 1419 playing Dauphin.

BTW the beta is a standalone or?
I mean I don't have to install 1.57 before and then butter the beta on top of it or?

Question:
http://www.agceep.net/installation.htm#Options
tells me:
"Since version 1.33 people playing the AGCEEP have also had the option to play using no random events whatsoever. There will be a serious of "commercials" that will pop up talking about different features within the AGCEEP, but these are unavoidable and must be in the game for it to function correctly. To play with no random events enabled, click this option to ON. The default is OFF.
Note that some countries will receive historical random events even if this option is turned ON."

I started a game twice because at first I thought I just had left the option on "ON", but now I have for the second time those commercials but I'm 110% sure that I have put the option to OFF.
Also when I change options like a different AI agro then the settings stay that way when I exit and come back but the "Random Events" options stays with ON even if I have set it to OFF before.
What's wrong here?
Playing with 1.58 beta 11 on a freshly installed EU2, patched to 1.09, using EGUFSM 1.2, Campaign was 1419 playing Dauphin.

BTW the beta is a standalone or?
I mean I don't have to install 1.57 before and then butter the beta on top of it or?

unless i am in error, then the random off button does not stop the random province events.

and yes you can install 1.58 directly without the other beta versions

Yes, random OFF is only for disabling AGCEEP_Random_All.eue events file (generic random events). Other "flavor" random events historically designed for countries or provinces still apply.

And yes, betas are standalone but only Deluxe version is provided.

To play with no random events enabled, click this option to ON.

I understand it the way that for using random events I have to set it to OFF.
Now you tell me that OFF disables random events?

Shouldn't the sentence then look like this:
"To play with random events enabled, click this option to ON."
or
"To play without random events, click this option to OFF."

The name of the option is "Random Events". OFF means no generic random events and default is ON.

Thanks for pointing it out. This is a mistake in the documentation.

EDIT: fixed

Last edited:
Not sure if this really belongs here, but if I edit 1419 - The Grand Campaign.eug and change the end date to say, 9999, will that actually change the end date or is there something else I would have to do? If it can even be extended that way in the first place..

Hi

I have recently installed AGCEEP on my macbook and tried to follow the instructions as good as i can. But every time i start the mod following message comes up "Critical error Cant open monarchs.kon"

Whats is the problem? I tried to do everything but nothing works

Welcome!

Which Mac version of EU2 do you use? It should be the equivalent of PC 1.09 to start with. Check for last available update if necessary.

Is AGCEEP really located at the root of EU2 folder? Do you see the folder? Is there a monarchs.kon file in AGCEEP db/monarchs folder as it should?

I suppose you downloaded the RAR archive for installation on Mac. Are you sure the archive wasn't corrupted at some point? Try to download it again and see if it is better or not.