1.5 - Changes for Subjects: Protectorates/CNs/Vas/PU; Independence; feeding; more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rules for selling provinces to Subject nations

(The following rules do not apply to Protectorates, which use standard Independent nation rules for buying provinces.)
Subjects will ONLY buy a province if:
They have a core on it;
They have a claim on it;
They have previously owned it;
You (the seller) have a core on it
But there's currently a bug which means they won't buy these provinces if they're outside of their own coring range. (Bug report: [1.4.1.6] Selling core to subject has hidden distance check & buggy Sell interface)
In the case of the fourth rule - where you have a core on it yourself - that core will be transferred to the subject. Meaning, you lose your core, and they gain a core.
Bug: This does not apply for Colonial Nations; CNs will not currently buy one of your Cores, unlike Vassals and PUs. I have raised a Bug Report for this.

As of today it seems it's still not quite WAD.
FnETHhX.jpg

Even though the Finland province's culture is Swedish, and "Finland" hasn't ever existed, I think the AI should buy this province.

It looks like CNs can ally, but only with non-Christian nations - that's weird. My Totemist Iroquois could ally with nearby CNs but my Catholic Inca gets a -1000 vassal penalty.

Could you please explain on what conditions will a CN buy one of my province (if they can do that at all).
Two examples (playing as France):
  1. I would like to sell Florida province to my Caribbean CN (for node dominance). I don't have as of yet a CN in the Thirteen Colonies region. Will the Caribbean CN buy that province (same culture, same religion, not bordering)?
  2. I would like to sell two provinces (Miqmaq and Acadia) to my potential CN in the Thirteen Colonies, Acadia, for obvious consistency reasons (Acadia CN should own Acadia province). I don't have as of yet a CN in the Canadian region. Will the 13 Colonies CN buy those provinces (same culture, same religion, bordering)?

you should look into the new trading companies. IIRC they will let you keep land that would otherwise go to CNs' control.

And this new patch is good because?
Protectorates still suck, I do not NEED their frigging trade power, I want their LAND for God's sake.
Colonial nations are still mandatory and useless addition to the game.
Guess I did the right thing deleting this game today.