• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply releasing a patch like you said would be VERY unprofessional: "Hey guys, we know is patch is borked for MP but we decided it's good enough anyway!" just doesn't sound right. Better to release what they ave as a beta patch, this way everyone is cool with MP issues.
They are enough professional,for sell a not finish game.....Victoria 2 is not a FPS,the multiplayer is not "important"....for a first patch.....
Before making a multiplayer game, most players want to play solo ....

After the poll, situation here is much clearer. Since 95% player here play SP game in vic2, solving SP game issue is "important" and "urgent" for Paradox. Solving MP game issue is "important" but not "urgent". If I was John, wow I feel god-like even just typing this, I would release 1.2 formally to address SP issue. Then take my time hunting down MP game issue.

After the poll, situation here is much clearer. Since 95% player here play SP game in vic2, solving SP game issue is "important" and "urgent" for Paradox. Solving MP game issue is "important" but not "urgent". If I was John, wow I feel god-like even just typing this, I would release 1.2 formally to address SP issue. Then take my time hunting down MP game issue.

Bear in mind, Paradox generally doesn't do hotfixes. It's therefore likely that, were they to release 1.2 now, the MP fix would have to wait until 1.3 - which could be a looong time. That's why a beta patch seems like the best bet.

I have a feeling, based on the fact they posted that poll yesterday, that we're going to be waiting a lot longer than Friday. They seem to be looking for a justification to hold this thing longer based on multiplayer concerns.

Bear in mind, Paradox generally doesn't do hotfixes. It's therefore likely that, were they to release 1.2 now, the MP fix would have to wait until 1.3 - which could be a looong time. That's why a beta patch seems like the best bet.

It seems like you only care about the name of patch? The difference between formal release or beta is huge for cross-platform player. In case you do not know, recent Paradox game like EU3 complete, Vic2 are cross-platform supported. A formal release means all vic2 player, a OSX player included, would get the patch and enjoy SP game. VP won't port any beta from paradox.

Last but not least, if I remember correctly Paradox used to be a company release quick-fix a lot. Dealing with issue, which is "important" and "urgent" ASAP, is usually good for business.

It seems like you only care about the name of patch? The difference between formal release or beta is huge for cross-platform player. In case you do not know, recent Paradox game like EU3 complete, Vic2 are cross-platform supported. A formal release means all vic2 player, a OSX player included, would get the patch and enjoy SP game. VP won't port any beta from paradox.

Last but not least, if I remember correctly Paradox used to be a company release quick-fix a lot. Dealing with issue, which is "important" and "urgent" ASAP, is usually good for business.

I don't remember the last time Pdox released a hotfix. I think it was for EU3. I don't care about the name at all. In this case, a beta patch is the best way to ship fixes to the majority of players now and fix things for the minority as soon as a solution for the MP is found. Even if you count OSX players, the ones who have to wait for a patch are a tiny proportion.

They released a hotfix for HOI3 recently to fix the problems with the new version of the game engine. But it is rare for them to hotfix a game since they prefer to beta test the patches before releasing the official patches.

I don't remember the last time Pdox released a hotfix. I think it was for EU3. I don't care about the name at all. In this case, a beta patch is the best way to ship fixes to the majority of players now and fix things for the minority as soon as a solution for the MP is found. Even if you count OSX players, the ones who have to wait for a patch are a tiny proportion.

Paradox released quick-fix in Vic1, EU2, EU3 and HOI1, HOI2 and earn reputation of a company always response quickly. That's why I pre-order their game, even I understand they could be a little buggy at very beginning. Indeed, recently they prefer to beta tested and released patch latter. That's why I stop pre-order. Since I have to wait months to get the game been fixed. Be an early bird won't suit my best interest.

When it comes to suit interest of most people. A beta patch will only benefit people who visit this forum. For most people who doesn't visit this forum or not this frequently, they suffer the 1.1 issue now and will be last for a while. I hardly image anyone who enjoy the gameplay of vic1.1. Thus I believe this kind of policy won't suit the best interest of players and Paradox, in term of business. .

Paradox can still release a 1.21 and address MP issue latter on. Why keep your customers waiting?

haha where are the people i know from other forums : Paradox has promised this week, what a **** company never again buying a game from them :D

what i like on paradox games is that they release really good patches - i remember when i was first time playing HOI2 - it was so easy to take Germany with the Red Beast 1941 no problem and i was in Berlin. Then i tried the game two years later, when i bought HOI2 Anthology and try to do the same - this time germany declared me early 1941 war and send me back to the Ural :D

Paradox can still release a 1.21 and address MP issue latter on. Why keep your customers waiting?

Because an official patch that is officialy broken is unbecoming a company like Pdox. ;)

They released a hotfix for HOI3 recently to fix the problems with the new version of the game engine. But it is rare for them to hotfix a game since they prefer to beta test the patches before releasing the official patches.

A BETA hotfix, so not a hotfix at all. :)

Last edited:
Because an official patch that is officialy broken is unbecoming a company like Pdox. ;)

You completely miss the point. Paradox is a company known as frequently release a officially broken game. But they come up with quick-fix soon. If they would like to change policy to "not release something broken officially" then Vic2 should not been released until patch1.2.

You completely miss the point. Paradox is a company known as frequently release a officially broken game. But they come up with quick-fix soon. If they would like to change policy to "not release something broken officially" then Vic2 should not been released until patch1.2.

You're assuming that the game didn't fuction exactly as it was designed to at launch. Without a doubt, perfect games are never released, by anyway. There's always something that they'd have liked to included or done differently, but at the end, they have to make the tough decision and call it done and release. Now, we could be told: "This works as intended." Like a lot of game companies do. However, Paradox is willing to listen to our feedback and implement our input with these patches.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the patch, and I find myself getting grumpy when I hit refresh and I don't see an update...but I remind myself that it's not a big deal. The patch will come when it's ready and I should remember to be grateful for the hard work they put in for us...especially when they could just move on to the next project, like so many other companies would.

Last edited:
They released the 1.1c hotfix for HOI3 about a week after that game came out to fix the consumer goods bug. It had a short beta before it came out as an official patch.

You're assuming that the game didn't fuction exactly as it was designed to at launch. Without a doubt, perfect games are never released, by anyway. There's always something that they'd have liked to included or done differently, but at the end, they have to make the tough decision and call it done and release. Now, we could be told: "This works as intended." Like a lot of game companies do. However, Paradox is willing to listen to our feedback and implement our input with these patches.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the patch, and I find myself getting grumpy when I hit refresh and I don't see an update...but I remind myself that it's not a big deal. The patch will come when it's ready and I should remember to be grateful for the hard work they put in for us...especially when they could just move on to the next project, like so many other companies would.

as i understand, the patch is ready - the only problem is the rare occuring oos bug in MP
so all of us must wait since over a week because of the possibility that 5% of all players might get an oos bug every ten hours

and thats the point that i don't understand they release a 1.0/1.1 game with many many small bugs which kill mostly all of the fun, but they do not have the heart to release a 1.2 with one small rare occuring bug in MP ...

Well I think its great that we get a patch soon but on the otherhand Im afraid to buy new games as I even have to think the released game is not playable. Imagine Jimy Hendrix forgot his guitar on his concerts long time ago.. :D I cant imagine that peopels would say "ah thats ok!".

However I wait now for the patch and maybe pdox give us a good one and we can finaly have fun with the game which did cost us around 40€. But from customer perspective I am a bit disapointed with the gaming industry imo. :(

Ok I stop flaming now :D

I just dont see the problem of releasing a beta-patch. I would actually prefer if they released the updates and fixes the same rate than they are making them rather than releasing one big patch when its completely finish (and it never is). Worst solution is of course making a really big patch and asking 20€ for it to play the game you already bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.