• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cow Pie

King Harvest
42 Badges
Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
Le Petit Corporal

This is my first AAR for EU2 hope you enjoy it. It is set during the Napoleonic Wars, as France, this is the first time I've played the Napoleon scenario so any tips would be much appreciated.

Dearest Josephine,

Forgive me for not writing you sooner, I have just returned from the council of Madrid, you shall have heard about it by the time I reach Paris once again. If I reach Paris once again, fear not for my own safety my love I am well off. It is the devilish coalition that keeps me away from your sweet embrace. Austria, Prussia, and Austria are relentless. I have forced peace upon the German Hessen, and the treacherous Savoy. Spain has just ceded us much land in the New World including most of the Florida peninsula, Navarra was given to us also. I will make all haste to return to you my love, know that I love you.

Lovingly,
Napoleon I

Napoleon of France proof read his letter to his wife, no mistakes were spotted. He was weary but he did not think about that nor did he care. The Spaniards had not put up a great fight and his first Spanish Adventure was, an overwhelming victory. He opened a letter from his Garrison Commander in Paris, this was the report he had waited upon desperately.

To His Excellency Napoleon I,

It is with great pleasure that I report to you the triumphs of your various armed forces. The situation at sea is not good, the English have too much control of the seas and we are no match for their commanders. On Land the situation is reverse, the English have but one able general Macdonald currently sieging Zeeland. Our great leader Moreau was killed during the battle when he led his troops to lift the siege. Your idea of dividing our armies has worked wonderfully from your own taking of Navarra, and General Navout’s taking of Gerona. Before his death General Moreau defeated three small British armies and re-conquered Picardie. Lt. General Grouchy has rendered great service against Prussia taking Koln and Kleves. Lt General Bernadotte was the one who forced Hessen into submission, he also took Pfalz. I myself have done little except oversee the development of a mercenary force that combined with the remains of Moreau’s army to defend against English invasion. Chief Judge Horche rendered great service by taking Savoie, his partner Chief Judge Lefebvoe has rendered even greater service to the crown by delivering the coup de tat on Savoy, in taking Lombardia, and Mantua. This is the state of the army all generals save Lefebvoe are at rest, he continues the Austrian offensive by attacking Tyrol.

Garrison Commander of Paris,
General Kellerman

Napoleon was ecstatic about the advances being made, he had only one more letter to open and it would reveal all pieces of the puzzle to him.

To Lord Napoleon I

The economic state of France is dreadful, rebellions are beginning to pop up at home and abroad. On the other hand our enemies seem to be untouched by the war. Our merchants in Mysore have been treated badly by the government there, naturally I escalated the conflict for future war preparations, should this one ever end. Despite my best efforts Britain Austria and Prussia all refuse to even talk to our diplomats. White Peace does not work despite our victories on their soil, I have even offered Austria a tribute to get them out of the war and that did not work. On a more positive note America has joined in alliance with us, this should make the war in the New World easier on our forces. I am eyeing Denmark and with your permission I would like to bring them into the fight. I shall continue attempts at peace, but at this point only a total victory will get the enemy to agree to peace of any sort.

The Minister of Interior,
Jean Ducaz

The news depressed him to know end, if it is total victory they want total victory they shall have, he thought to himself. The Austrian offense would continue as planned, if we must occupy their entire land it will only mean my terms will be that much more severe.

Four Months Later on August seventh 1797

The meeting was not a good one, General Lefebvre was beaten by The Austrian and he is trapped at Mantua. Lombardia also fell back into their hands. Denmark had agreed however to aid us in the war on the Coalition. But The Genovans the dirty Swine had Hit us with a Trade Embargo much like Spain, whereas England went so far as to lift her Embargo. However we dare not take our revenge upon the Genovan cowards, for we are in over our heads as is. My wine tasted as if it had clumps of dirt in it when I was informed that General Houch had died. He was whom I had in mind to save Lefebvre.

Christmas Day

I am finally allowed to return to Paris for a brief respite my lovely wife is just as warm as ever. That is to say constantly nagging me to end my war. To make matters worse A plague hit our lands. And Christmas was ruined with new s of Prussia’s expansion. Poland had once more been humbled in combat, giving military access, Krakov, Lithuania, and being forced to change their religion. They regain their independence but one can only wonder for how long?

(OOC: Anything special I have to do to get peace signed?:confused: ?)

Last edited:
Just a quick translation issue-

"La Petite" is feminine. "Le petit" is masuline.

Apart from that it's ok.

Anything special I have to do to get peace signed

Crush Them! (And have a diplomat on hand of course)

All those rumors about Napoleon's feminine side must be true! :) But I'll bet Josephine would look great in the uniform!

The major allied countries are all set to 'ferocious' (or something like that). They won't quit the war easily and they won't give up much when they do accept peace. Plan on getting a war score of +50% before asking for peace.

War exhaustion can be an issue for France in this scenario. Inflation - and troop losses - are worse, in my opinion. Build governors wherever you can to pull inflation down and don't assault medium or large forts (minimum and small can be assaulted safely).

One tip - if you smash the Prussian and Austrian armies they'll have a hard time rebuilding.

Graci, it's going to be hard getting that on Britain though, Austria shouldn't be as big a problem. (Providing I get past the general that's going through my troops like a warm knife through butter)

Prussia I can reach by getting past English filled Germany, or I could do it the easy way and focus on Britain and force the whole blamed group into submission.

We shall have to wait and see

Cow Pie? Interesting name.:D

The only advice I have is listen to the Director.;)

Joe

Warning one occasion of mild content.

Dearest Josephine,

I must remark that England’s actions have been quite confusing, first the Ban trade with us and than they allow it. An idea is beginning to form in my mind, I shall call it the Continental System my love. Yes I will bring the English whore to her knee’s by starving her. I can see the little island starving even as I write this.

With love,
Napoleon I.

Victory Report to Paris, dated April 30

The English generals Macdonald and Moore were isolated and killed at Picardie and Zeeland respectively. With this news the marshals begin their attack on England’s northern possessions

Victory bulletin to Paris. October fifteenth

The Northern Campaign will result in great victory Hannover and Bremen each fall in quick succession. The war with Austria goes as expected and we expect victory on all fronts soon.